Ideas for Entertaining (without food)???

Bea

Back on the wagon!
:sign0163: Just been chatting to Ducatidiva on another thread about the weekend. Prior to LT, my weekend entertainment has re-volved around having Chinese or Indian and lots of wine on Friday, if hubby not on shift going out to local Italian for pizza and more wine on Saturday and then to pub for a few gins (and diet tonic of course ha!)...BBQ on Sunday or meeting friends for lunch (and a few more glasses of wine :eek:)..not to mention my weekly trip to McDonnells with my son!!.

He suggested we go bowling tomorrow for something different to do .... last weekend the highlight going to Tesco and doing housework!

its not a major major issue just at the moment - only starting week 3 of LT but it would great to have a few ideas of to things to do if we get totally bored......anyone with bright ideas? Really interested to hear.....:help2:

Well I like to go out for a walk......even just locally. Though I am lucky I have the moors nearby, not that I have managed to get up there since being carless.
But just getting out for a stroll makes you feel good.
Also bowling as you have mentioned, try things that you have fancied doing but have never done before.

Go shopping for shoes and bags. Imagine the outfits you'll buy when at goal and match your accessories great motivation and keeps you busy!
Ceri
p.s if you're too bored you can always nip round to mine. I've got a load of gardening, decorating and housework to keep your mind off the diet!!!!

Cheers girls! Ceri - you are so right...ya think I was living in a gleaming castle lol....maybe tackling the spare room er junk room might keep me distracted...Bea!

I know something thats entertaining and doesnt involve food LOL ;-)

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:
...mmmm ..what a good idea!!! Now that I am feeling a bit more fab ....more would be just the ticket;)

Just had my three week weight in and have lost 18llbs so far....months of dieting in the past wouldnt have achieved so much....

How are you getting on....

Oh Bea 18lbs that is just brilliant!! Well done you!

I lost 4lb last week, which is good. But weighed myself yesterday and this morning hoping a bit more had come off and none has. Thats put me on a real downer today, I'm worried as I am taking some medication this week, and am scared it might affect it - I checked the ingredients but there's nothing I can see that should make a difference. *sigh* :-(

I know you are not supposed to weigh yourself everyday but I cant resist stepping on the scales to see how much I have lost.....having said that one morning I am down the next I am up...really weird...anyhoo

Try not to get disheartned...the time of the month might also be a factor...feeling a bit bloated myself day and dont feel like I have lost 18llbs at all! But keeping focussed on sticking to it and you are more or less guaranteed a stone a month - even if you have a lower loss one week to the next!!

Sending you some positive vibes.....:vibes:

Aw thank you Bea :-D - I am feeling much better today, 1.5lb off on the scales this morning! Plus am down a bra size and clothes I couldnt get into before are starting to fit, yippeeeeeeeee!

You know whats weird? If you think about how many 'bags of sugar' you have lost, and how much they would weigh - OMG you could hardly pick that many bags of sugar up, could you?! Its a whole load to have lost, but its hard to see on yourself sometimes where it has gone from!

Hope you have a good day today, despite the bloating!

What a great feeling to be getting into clothes that didnt fit before or arent bulging at the sems!!! Its a great motivation...well done on the 1.5lb extra off.....skinny us on the way..... was thinking about Christmas and wearing a cool pair of jeans and a fitted top!! Rather than the baggies I have been in the last few years!!!

Feeling a bit goofy as its my last week in work before a two week holiday...we are off to Disneyland Paris for 3 nights from Tuesday....want wait to go but a bit worried about the food side - planning to try to stick to LT as best I can...anyhoo...hope all well with you - you are doing fantastic!!
Bea

Oh Bea I am sure you will be fine whilst you are away, if youtake everything with you you'll feel bad if you dont use it! I will cross my fingers for good weather for you too...

I cant wait to be a skinny-mini, can you? Its going to be such a good feeling. I've already booked a photo shoot with my photographer for November, just as a celebration and congratulations-to-me pressie, told him its going to be corsets and high heels and nothing else! Plus I can put it down as business expense - I will be using some of the shots on the website, cos I'll be wearing the corsets I make LOL! I am *so* excited!

Oooohhhhh thats such a great idea...I have avoid any photos of me for so long..so a family photo with a photographer would such a great and a nice of of skinny me would be such a great present to me too!!!!

I love corsets...they are so sexy....you will looks AMAZING!

I know what you mean Bea, I have only allowed a couple pf photos to be taken in the last 5/6 years, I have just felt so humiliated. This will be a real breakthrough for me!

I was the same if anyone took pictures of me it was with me standing at the back of a group, or face only......!
Though now I am losing it is good to see how big you really were and is an incentive to stick with the diet.

Last edited:
Are you back SSing? Best of luck - the sponored dieting is a real motivation. Let us know when your Wayne site is up and running...you have loads of supporters!

Yea Im back to it, it is sooo very very hard to get back on track though. I am feeling soo hungry too.
If I could go back to the start of my diet again there is no way I would have picked or eaten. I have seen people losing 8 1/2 stone in less than 20 weeks and am gutted cos it could have been me.

So do stick to it guys

Hope its goes well this week for you. Once the first week is over you know it gets so much easier! You did so well loosing the 5 stone....the rest will come off just as well....wow 8.5stone in 20 weeks thats amazing results!

Off to see Shrek with my son at lunch time... looking forward to sittng beside him with buttery popcorn and coke...LOL! Making sure I have my shake before I go....

Back