I'll prove I can do it!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's fab fab fab!!! Sooooo pleased for you, I knew you could do it...nearly in the 15s missy :D

Loving the hair too - you really suit the fringe - your going to look fantastic on your big night out.

Well I've fallen off the wagon tonight, had a school governor meeting which went on for bloody hours after work. I was starving as I missed my afternoon CD product as I was rushing about so much, so went home via Asda and ended up buying a hot roast chicken and some salad...I bloody ate half the chicken AND I had the skin...I'm such a bloody idiot. Plus I have another confession..........I've been at the sodding chocolate mini rolls again!!!! I had 2 :( I'm currently chugging water and really cross with myself.

I'm wondering whether I'm about to get yet another early period because I always seem to get one when I start getting the munchies like this - still getting them every fortnight and it is really starting to get me down.

Anyway, it's just an excuse for having zero self control and I need to get back in control and prove I can do this!!!

Rant over lol xxxxx

Ok so you slipped with having half the chicken but realistically you ha tue chicken and salad with no carbs in there. Your wee slip up could have been so much worse. Think to what we would have eaten before on a mini binge!! It woul have been crisps, bread, chocolate, chips.... I think the fact you didn't have any of this is a good achievement in itself. My fridge looks empty but to be honest that's the way I'm going to keep it. Less temptation for me and the kids in that fact too. Get rid of the mini rolls. They are your weakness gorgeous. You are still doing fantastically well. Keep it up Hun. Xxxx

You are right, i knew you would speak sense into me :)

The bloody mini rolls were bought by my dad as a treat for my son - think they are going to have to go in the bin. Why can't I have more bloody willpower?!!! xxxx

Christy don't see it as a slip up but as a choice you made to have the chicken salad and 2 mini rolls. In the grand scheme of things I imagine that calorie wise it wasn't really high in calories. My fitness pal will give you and indication of how many calories you consumed. I am finding that really helpful since I have introduced food into my vlcd. Just continue as normal and all will be fine. Remember we still have these food decision to make when we reach our target. That is something we have to continue doing so may as well get practice at it along the journey to target. x

I know u'r right Kira - I'm starting to feel like my hormones are going bonkers yet again and I get very self critical when I'm like this - plus completely paranoid. I feel like the whole world is against me at the moment. I'm getting it a lot at the moment as my cycle is currently every 2 weeks!!!

I know I need to lighten up about it. According to My Fitness Pal I consumed a hefty 1136 calories yesterday which is horrendous compared to what I normally eat! If I'm good though from now until Saturday I am sure I can even things out though :) I am learning to love that app, it's so useful to keep track of where u r with food xxx

Christy 1136 is NOT a huge amount compared to the calories you used to consumer pre vlcd! Remember that!! Yes it is a lot of calories compared to when you are strictly CDing. You must stop thinking like that (Note to self to take this advice when I get myself in a tizz about food!!) Yup! the hormones the little b****'s can be such a pain! I feel for you on that one! It is absolutely awful and I can't wait for menopause to completely kick in and be over with! Maybe I will be normal after that? In the meantime just keep doing what you are doing now and NOT what you did previously! Look at your stats girl! You've lost the equivalent to a 7 or 8 year old!! Keep telling yourself you are not going back there. It is something I have to tell myself daily and when the scale goes up and down (I do weigh myself daily!) x

I echo what fairy and Kira have said - the damage is not that bad, 1200 calories is still a diet remember!

For the last 10 weeks I have only bought my son and husband (yes, husband is just as bad, and skinny as a beanpole) the snacks I DONT like - wagon wheels etc (taste like stale cardboard to me) that way I'm not tempted!

Keep going Christy, you're doing so amazingly well!

Thank you for all your support...yesterday wasn't the best either. I ate things I shouldn't, calorie count was 949 yesterday. My scales say I am back up to 15st8 and its probably me gaining the water I lost last weekend when I was poorly. Got WI tomorrow morning and desperate to refocus and try and get a pound off before then.

I think I'm self sabotaging - this is the lowest weight I've been in over a decade and I'm wondering if I'm letting the 'treats' in because I feel so good in my clothes??!!! It has to be psychological - but why am I stopping my success when I still have approx 3 stone to lose???? I need to knuckle down and get into the 14s asap an prove to everyone that I can overcome my inner demons and get to my ultimate goal xxxx

Christy you can do this because you have come so far. If you feel you need food then plan into the week for when you have danger time if indeed there is a specific time. Or when I was doing purely vlcd I had celery chopped up to munch on when I felt really weak. Yes not strictly vlcd but I didn't see it as cheating and I still lost and it helped me not spiral out of control like I previous did. I have come to learn especially over the past couple of weeks that losing weight and probably maintain it is probably 90% psychological. Yes we need to exercise but ultimately I think what we eat and more importantly the amount we eat is equally if not even more important. Aim for 100% day today and you will likely to still have a loss as you will only have gained water weight from yesterdays food. Lets all have a fab Friday! At least diet wise!

This is so motivating to read all of your stories!!!! i started CD today, have 5 stone to lose.. feeling very positive and motivated so far :) xx

Welcome Ems. Ill be honest the first week is the absolute hardest but keep coming on here for all te support you need. I still want to lose another 5 stone so I feel ye. :) xxx

Oooooo I'm getting weighed today. I have a new Cambridge advisor coming as my one has moved away so we will see if I have finally broken that 3 stone mark and am in the 15s!! Wish me luck girlies!! X

Hello everybody! Well I am back from WI and had that familiar sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, somehow I have managed to lose 1lb this week, thank the lord!! I really thought this was going to be a STS week as I have found it so difficult to keep to plan since being poorly. Think my water levels are stabalising again as I could not stop going to the loo last night...reminded me of when I was pregnant!! (and no I am not for those of you who may be wondering lol)

Soooo anyway I have decided during the drive that I am going to draw a line under the last sorrowful week and make damn sure I stick to plan as I hate driving over to my CDC not knowing if the scales will be up or down....if the food isn't on the SS+ list it is not going into my mouth!! So no more cheddar cheese, grapes, chocolate mini rolls or haribo sweets for me!

So how are you all doing? Tonight I am going to have a turkey steak coated in cajun seasoning with roasted courgette, leek, green pepper and mushrooms. Just had a cookies and cream shake for breakfast so I am going to start chugging down the water now :)

This is so motivating to read all of your stories!!!! i started CD today, have 5 stone to lose.. feeling very positive and motivated so far :) xx

Wecome Ems!!!! I would say good luck with CD but if you stick to the plan and drink plenty of water then you really won't need it - I am 2lbs off losing 5 stone with CD and it is sooo achievable. I still have over 3 stone to lose so I am looking forward to following your journey with you :) Fairy is right, the first week is the hardest, so just break it down into small chunks of time i.e. don't look too far ahead and get in some early nights ha!! The second week is a lot lot easier and you will start getting used to it all xxx

Yeaahhhh you got a loss!! Christy it's all been happening here. What weight are you now at love?? I'm praying I'm in the 15s. If I can get to 15.11 that's the 3 stone mark for me. My scales are dodgy so I don't know if I have done this.
Ok so remember the best friend I went to that slash gig with and I felt jealous after that weekend as he was going back to his gf!? I decided not to say anything as he was the happiest I have seen him in ages? Well he said last night he can't lie anymore and is finishing with her as he isn't feeling it. She isn't the one. Oh that's not all!!
He has said he had had feelings for me develop since we went to that gig. ARRGGHH!! Wtf!!! What do I do? This is a total was ****! X

I meant this is a total head ****!! Seriously what in the fudge!!

Omg omg omg omg!!!! I have just sat here and let out a little scream, that is ace!! You know what, you are both attracted to eachother and the feelings must be pretty intense for him to finish with his gf over it - especially as you have not told him how you feel - you know what, I would just go for it!!! If you don't you will end up wondering what could have happened and life is way too short to have regrets :D

I am now officially 15st7, although my scales this morning when I was in the buff say 15st6 ha! Having a big push to get into the 14s now as I really really really want to get to 14 stone before christmas...not sure how achievable it is though as I needed to average a 4lb loss every week and I only lost 1lb this week. Plus I have 2 big parties before then where I am having 3 course meals - I may just stick to the plan though and just have the main of turkey and green veg though - especially as getting to that target would mean the world and make my year :)

Wow girlie...its all go for you!!! That guy who I see on and off has been asking to see me a few times this week, not sure why but I keep making excuses not to see him - not sure why as I always have a good time when we hook up. Feel like my head is all over the place at the min :( xxxx

Thank you!! Ive managed the first day and not feeling too hungry to be honest.. Struggling a little with the taste of things. Is there any soups/shakes you would recommend that are nicest? Porridge isnt too bad and only had cookies and cream shake and spicy tomato soup! Need to do this as im getting married in september and would be so happy if i could get to my goal weight.. I have to keep coming on here to stay motivated!! Ha xx

Ems22 said:
Thank you!! Ive managed the first day and not feeling too hungry to be honest.. Struggling a little with the taste of things. Is there any soups/shakes you would recommend that are nicest? Porridge isnt too bad and only had cookies and cream shake and spicy tomato soup! Need to do this as im getting married in september and would be so happy if i could get to my goal weight.. I have to keep coming on here to stay motivated!! Ha xx

Well you've come to the right place :) the taste is a bit strange at first and takes some getting used to. I love the mint choc shake - I have it every day. Fruits of the forest is nice too. I don't have any of the soups other than spicy tomato now as they make me feel queezy - I used to love oriental chilli at the beginning though! Apple and cinnamon is my favourite porridge. I used to read this forum constantly in the beginning to help keep focused, i still do write here on a daily basis and it is such a support knowing there are people out there going through the same thing :) feel free to ask away any questions u may have, we've all be on this for a while now so are used to the plan. There's nothing like a wedding to help you get focused :) my friend is starting CD for the same reasons this week, she wants to lose 3 stone before April - she's getting married at the end of June xxxx

Back