Info needed please!! is the following allowed..

twinmum05

Already cooked peppered smoked makeral fillets? and also asda hot and spicy chicken fillets frozen? thanks!!

what is the fat/carb content and also the ingredients - do they add oil?

mackerel ingredients are mackerel 96% salt and peppercorns
chicken fillets nutritional info is
per 100g
protein 20.3g
carbs 4.4g of which sugars 1.3g
fat 1.1g
fibre 0.5g
sodium 0.33g

thanks x

they should be ok. are the chicken fillets plain?

sorry im having a stupid brain morning. the fat is low so should be ok. they sound nice :D

twinmum u ask some really good questions !!

gosh that link doesn't work any more sorry!!

Here are the ingredients:

Chicken Breast Fillets with added Starch (92%) [Chicken Breast*, Modified Tapioca Starch, Dextrose, Potato Starch, Salt, Sugar , Yeast Extract Blend [Yeast Extract, Salt, Sunflower Oil], Modified Tapioca Starch] , Hot and Spicy Marinade (7.5%) [Sugar, Maize Starch, Maltodextrin, Spices [Chillies, Paprika, White Pepper, Black Pepper], Salt , Tomato Powder, Garlic Powder, Yeast Extract Blend [Yeast Extract, Salt, Rapeseed Oil, Citric Acid], Onion Powder , Herbs [Oregano, Parsley], Colour (Paprika Extract), Citric Acid, Sunflower Oil, Spirit Vinegar Powder, Natural Flavouring , Wheat Starch] , *Made with 105g of Chicken Breast per 100g of finished product .

Basically avoid anything using the words SUGAR, STARCH, OIL...

Over here, frankly, he says to avoid any pre-cooked/marinated industrially produced packaged meal... they have to use all sorts of things we wouldn't to make them palatable to us mortals.

Buy your chicken and put some spices on with fromage frais... far nicer too...

Dukan doesn't count carbs as such - leastwise not in the original book - he simply says to check ingredients and avoid anything with flour, oil, sugar, etc etc... so basically ANYTHING prepackaged industrially!! I do see in England that people are doing more "carb counting", probably based on Atkins, but whether that will cause a slip up at some point I honestly don't know!

I've never done Atkins, but I know that there are a certain number of carbs per day you 're allowed so as not to come out of ketosis (Vicky?). The oatbran has quite a few in... as do some veg/salad ingredients, already not limited by Dukan which are by Atkins...

So by adding further carbs in with this sort of thing, it's a risk... but how much of one, I don't know... I keep away...

Its 20 carbs per day on Atkins induction. to get you into ketosis.
I have personally avoided any prepacked chicken on this diet (apart from plain chicken thighs) and made my own marinades.

Back