• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Is a raging thirst ok?

merlin

Me as I want to look xxx
Hi everyone.

The last four days I have had a really bad thirst, I think I am drinking enough, approx 3L per day but is seems more raging now.

I did test my bloods on my fathers blood glucose monitor and they were fine at 4.1.

Also I have been flavouring my evening soup with a little chilli, is this allowed? I can't see that causing the thirst as I don't put that much in.

Any advice always apreciated.

Love Merlin xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Bea

Back on the wagon!
Trying to remember whether I had a raging thirst as you put it....I was so paranoid that I wasnt drinking enough so I always had a glass in my hand LOL....your body is effectively detoxing so you probably need the extra few glasses to flush everything out....
I always have a few twists of black pepper in my soup and it didnt effect my ketosis....once you continue to loose then it shouldnt be a problem....if it slows down then stop it and see if it makes a difference....best of luck!

ducatidiva

Silver Member
Hi Merlin, since I started getting used to drinking 3-4L of water a day, I am alsways thirsty!! In fact I am thirsty right now, and I had a large glass of water about half an hour ago!

I wouldnt be too concerned about it, unless you are starting to *need* to drink more than 4L or so....

merlin

Me as I want to look xxx
Thanks a lot,

I will drink a bit more like suggested, speak to you soon.

XXX

You will get more of a thirst as you go along , try drinking an extra glass of water when you feel thirsty , it wont hurt u !!!

Keep up the good work !

Bea

Back on the wagon!
Oh thats interesting....have to say am beginning to love water...how sad is that!!

sonkie

Gold Member
It certainly isnt sad I now enjoy drinking water......they say to try to drink around 3-4 litres a day but not to go over the top........as you can drink too much. I think anything over 6-8 litres is a bit too much.

Bea

Back on the wagon!
Oh thanks for that and the re advice re too much water which is a good point to remember....seeing lots of benefit of the water too...clear skin for one...really hope I keep it up post LT....

How is your diet going this week?