I've started, and I WILL finish fabulously (that's the plan anyway) :)

Aww, I am SO pleased for you! :D
How many meal packs did you get? I got six, so enough for tomo, then that's it. I only got 4 bars too, so not had one today - I have missed it!
I'm going to start that - having a protein meal with the veggies - I've checked and you still lose the same weight. It'll make my order go further, and add a bit more variety. Not every day, but about 3 times a week.
I've ordered 30 Oatmeals/Sweet Porridge's - they really fill me up for a good amount of time so will have one every morning.

Hmmm, that's a tough one because the meals I've liked, I liked them all, but I would say up there as my fave's are -
- Crispy Choc Shake
- Oatmeal
- Dark Choc Truffa Bar
- Spicy Spaghetti

What about you?

xxx

Im going to do 4 packs a day but I will have one of the meals for dinner every night and porridge or oatmeal for breakfast every other day. A bar every evening and shake every lunch time and for breakfast and my no porridge days. We'll see how I go! lol

Ive liked the Spag bol best (although ive liked them all really!), Bar is either the maple or lemon....cant decide which i prefer, and i do like the sweet porridge ( trying oatmeal tomorrow morning). shake....either the crispy choc or normal choc, like them both the same too i think.

They sent me 6 meal packs but 1 was oatmeal and 1 porridge so Im having to squeeze those in because i thought i would like them but not sure and wanted to try them before i ordered. lol The other 4 were savories.

I got six savoury's - spag bol, spicy spag, chilli, cottage pie, mushroom pasta, and mild curry.
Then one of each Oatmeal and Sweet Porridge, so eight meal packs in total.
I think they had too much stock of toffee & caramel shakes - got two of each and not tried either yet!
Wish the starter pack had been a little more balanced, but for the price I can't complain, especially as we got the shaker as well!
Did you get more than one of a product? xxx

Oh!! I forgot about the cottage pie and curry!! so i got the same as you! lolol. i didnt get a free shaker. i bought mine and they, of course charged me for it. ha! they must like you! i got 2 toffee shakes too. i think thats all i got double of. i tried one...its ok. i thought it had a bit of an aftertaste. ive got a caramel and a hazelnut too which im not sure i will like lol

How strange! I just presumed I'd got the shaker as part of the starter pack! I didn't expect it so it was a nice surprise. I got a tape measure too, did you?

Not tried either of those two shakes - I left them till last and had what I thought I'd like first as I needed to know as much as poss so I could get my order in on Friday!

I got a shaker and tape measure with my first order for free! I thought it was really nice of them and wondered whether it was a reasonable expenditure on their part to give them out like this... made me feel guilty for receiving it!! Oh dear... :eek:

I got a shaker and tape measure with my first order for free! I thought it was really nice of them and wondered whether it was a reasonable expenditure on their part to give them out like this... made me feel guilty for receiving it!! Oh dear... :eek:

Same here! Am wondering why Beelishy didn't! May be an oversight.
I thought it was really nice of them, because I didn't even think of buying the shaker, and I didn't have a tape measure, so the first thing I did was measure everwhere, lol!!

When did you restart on S&S? xxx

Same here! Am wondering why Beelishy didn't! May be an oversight.
I thought it was really nice of them, because I didn't even think of buying the shaker, and I didn't have a tape measure, so the first thing I did was measure everwhere, lol!!

When did you restart on S&S? xxx

I re-started VLCD way of life on 1st January. :) I originally did Lighter Life in 2008 and went from 18st 7 to 8st. I regained a lot of it through various troubles and what-not... Finally, this year, I was ready mentally to go and lose this weight for good! Started at 15st 8 :( Oh well. :)

I re-started VLCD way of life on 1st January. :) I originally did Lighter Life in 2008 and went from 18st 7 to 8st. I regained a lot of it through various troubles and what-not... Finally, this year, I was ready mentally to go and lose this weight for good! Started at 15st 8 :( Oh well. :)

WOW! That's amazing! how long did that take you?
You've had a good loss since you restarted as well, and you sound in the perfect mind-set, so am sure it won't take you long!
Will watch your journey, wishing you every success! :) xxx

Ps. Do you have a diary on here? xxx

WOW! That's amazing! how long did that take you?
You've had a good loss since you restarted as well, and you sound in the perfect mind-set, so am sure it won't take you long!
Will watch your journey, wishing you every success! :) xxx

Unfortunately I'm a very slow loser, so the whole of the weight loss took me longer than it would take most people! In my original LL groups - I'd be losing at the same rate as the 60 year old lady that was there. :) So I lost 8 stone in 11 months, and then I lost another two at a later stage.

As for diaries... I do have one - it goes quite far back, it's the second one I've had on this forum. It'll be moved to S&S section soon, I hope!

http://www.minimins.com/ll-diaries/200615-ill-keep-digging-till-i-feel-something.html

I know you'll get to your target very soon!! Do you have anything planned for the end of it? :) Holiday? Or special outfit? Special occasion?

That's still an amazing loss, 8st in 11 months, no easy feat. I think that's brilliant! :)

I think I'll be slow - I'm on AD's which I don't even need to be on (mis-prescribed) - I'm not depressed! So, I am stopping the meds slowly, as I know this will slow my weight loss. I put about 16lbs on with the meds alone, arrghh!!

My friend is getting married on 4th May, and I want to be back in my size 10/12's for then. I'm happy at that - I just bought a new wardrobe full of clothes then got pregnant! I couldn't afford to do that now as my LO takes all my money, lol!
I am fed up of being the fat one - so after a few weeks of pondering, I took the plunge and my first order from S&S arrived last Tuesday.
Best thing I've ever done, weight wise!

I am hoping for a steady loss of say, 3.5lbs per week - whether I'll achieve that or not, I don't know, but am really hoping to get to around 10st 3lbs by mid April. Fingers crossed!

Worried about the re-feed and maintenance, but I'll worry more about that when I come to it! :)

I'll have a look at your Diary, thanks for the link.

Right, worn out - so little calories and a 9 month old baby = knackered, lol!

Enjoy the rest of your night, I'm off to have a look at your Diary before I log off.

Goodnight! xxx

That's still an amazing loss, 8st in 11 months, no easy feat. I think that's brilliant! :)

I think I'll be slow - I'm on AD's which I don't even need to be on (mis-prescribed) - I'm not depressed! So, I am stopping the meds slowly, as I know this will slow my weight loss. I put about 16lbs on with the meds alone, arrghh!!

My friend is getting married on 4th May, and I want to be back in my size 10/12's for then. I'm happy at that - I just bought a new wardrobe full of clothes then got pregnant! I couldn't afford to do that now as my LO takes all my money, lol!
I am fed up of being the fat one - so after a few weeks of pondering, I took the plunge and my first order from S&S arrived last Tuesday.
Best thing I've ever done, weight wise!

I am hoping for a steady loss of say, 3.5lbs per week - whether I'll achieve that or not, I don't know, but am really hoping to get to around 10st 3lbs by mid April. Fingers crossed!

Worried about the re-feed and maintenance, but I'll worry more about that when I come to it! :)

If you stick with this - you will get to your target by May - or very close to it! It's only 3 stone away. :) I didn't notice before, you're the same height as me...! By May you should be size 12, no problem :D
I'm not going to lie to you - this diet will be tough sometimes... It is actually quite hard NOT to do something, temptation does get in the way. :)

And how did you get mis-prescribed AD's?! Then again, doctors seem to be giving them out like candy these days.. :confused: I'm not sure the pills themselves can induce weight-gain, but rather can induce behaviour which leads to it. I was on various AD's and anti-psychotics when I was about 20 years old - they were not nice though, made me slow down - have less energy, eat more... blah. Stuff. :)

Maybe set yourself up some mini-targets with rewards! When you get to 11st 7 go for a nice manicure or plan to get some awesome shoes! And then every half-stone have a mini reward planned! Makes all this that tiny bit more enjoyable in the misery of hunger pangs (yes, you WILL get them) and being stuck indoors while the other half runs off to do fun things involving too much temptation! :p

I'm hoping so! Having seen some people's weekly losses on this site, I just hope I can achieve something similar. Yet others struggle, and I fear I may be one of them!
Though how one can't lose a lot of weight on only 55-650 cals pd, I don't know! Near starvation lol!!

Anxiety - which I no longer have. Yet I am on tablets I don't need. The anxiety has gone without the meds, I don't need them, and wish I'd never agreed to them! You're so right, they hand them out far too easily. It shouldn't be allowed - they don't warn you they're addictive either!

I have a few gorgeous pairs shoes of which I have never managed to wear, so that will be a massive treat to be able to wear them! That will definitely be a treat!

I'm just so worried I won't lose enough weight in time!

Hmmmph! Yep, I'm stuck in doing boring chores, or running errands, whilst hubby plays golf! Does get me rather mad sometimes!
Think I am going to start having one day a week where he can stay home and look after baby, and I'll go out - it's about time some balance was restored in this household! ;)

xxx

Oh Nat! Get yourself some mommy/mummy/mammy time! You definitely should. I didnt make time for myself with my first baby until she was much older and, really, shouldve. I do now though, even if its just once a month or a fortnight. I meet friends for coffee or we wander round the shops, kid-free. Gives you a chance to recharge. You should definitely do that for yourself! Xx

Oh Nat! Get yourself some mommy/mummy/mammy time! You definitely should. I didnt make time for myself with my first baby until she was much older and, really, shouldve. I do now though, even if its just once a month or a fortnight. I meet friends for coffee or we wander round the shops, kid-free. Gives you a chance to recharge. You should definitely do that for yourself! Xx

Morning!

I'm def going to - hubby get's in at least two rounds of golf a week (and has done since day one of baby being born!). He's self employed so does managed a couple of afternoons off some weeks.
So, I've decided on one of the days, he can forfeit and I'm going out! Tough if he doesn't like it, I need to be me again, if only for a little while :)

xxx

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Day five over, so I weighed this morning - no loss! :confused: Still the same as yesterday. I only lost 1lb at yesterday morning's weigh in, so I knew it was slowing down, but surely I should still be losing, especially in this first week!!??

Oh well, I will plod on!!

Have a great day everyone!

Your body is still adjusting and even if you dont see losses on the scale, you are probably losing inches. I think our bodies would go into shock if it showed loss after loss after loss. Mine is slowing right down too. Not to worry, our bodies are complex machines and if we stick to it, we will get there! xxx Youre still doing tremendously well!

Your body is still adjusting and even if you dont see losses on the scale, you are probably losing inches. I think our bodies would go into shock if it showed loss after loss after loss. Mine is slowing right down too. Not to worry, our bodies are complex machines and if we stick to it, we will get there! xxx Youre still doing tremendously well!

Thanks Hun :)

I did know it would slow down, so I'm going to look at the weekly loss, not daily. Still going to weigh daily this first week though, I've got two more weigh ins, the last being the one which will tell me how much I've lost this week, am hoping for a couple more pounds to have gone!
I don't think 8lbs in the first week is too much to expect (I hope!).

Just measured my waist & hips - have lost more, so you're right, and I am being a doughnut! ;)

I wonder if I am spacing my packs correctly, or would that matter? I tend to have my first one around 10.30am, the next around 3pm, then dinner around 5.30-6pm, then the last around 7pm (no later). I've also been avoiding coffee, even though it is only black, after 8pm - was aiming for no cals after that time.
Don't know if how I am doing it is wrong, or if it makes little difference!

Going for a long walk today, that should help! And if I don't see a loss in the morning, the scales will be flying out of the window, ha! :D xxx

That sounds like a sensible way to space the meal packs out - I don't see a problem with it :D

Don't worry about the lack of losses today, bodies are weird and wonderful things :) I would suggest putting the scales away after this first week! :p

Have a great day!

x

Back