JanD into the third year of maintenance :-D

Am I finally joining the techno age?? ;) xxx

Yey!! X

Another great photo Jan. Must have been lovely to have all the family around and have another christmas!!

We took our decorations down on sunday and I miss them, especially the tree all lit up.

I agree with you, after all the over indulging (over the past few months in my case!!) I am now looking forward to my stint on exante. Can't wait for my clothes to fit again and to just feel comfortable.

Glad you had an enjoyable extra Christmas, sounds really lovely Jan.

Hey look at you getting all techy with your I Phone too :)

Actually I'm still not there Mary ... my balance suddenly dropped by about 55p or something this afternoon. I know it's not much - I just don't know why! As far as I could tell I wasn't doing anything that i should have been charged for!! All I had done earlier in the day was gone on a free wifi connection and tried to go on FB & Minis & I couldn't get on either. The only thing I can think of is that I maybe wasn't connected to the wifi properly (though i had the icon on the phone ok) and it was trying to do it through 3G - and my new inclusive tariff doesn't kick in until 16th. :sigh: ... or maybe I'm just thick :giggle:

Haven't started being 'good' today ... went out for lunch and this afternoon went to 'visit' my unicorn painting which is on display and for sale in a garden centre and as it's in a coffee shop ... well ... would have been rude ;) especially as I've never tried apple crumble gateau before ;)
Having turkey stew for tea and a few l'il v&cs tonight .. deffo back on it tomorrow - in fact i'm going to start a new thread in honour of the fresh start :) .. I'll post a link here when i've sorted it xx

Oh wow you're work on display & for sale! :D impressive Jan!
Apple crumble gateau?!!!!! i'm intrigued :drool:

You're charge could have been the 3g. I think there is an option to turn that off on your phone so it never connects unless you go and turn it on yourself. Mine is under settings > general > network then click to disable 3G. (sorry if you've already got this done its the only thing I can think of). xx

The gatueau wasn't worth writing home about if I'm honest :eek: ..... I have turned the 3G off now Tan. My o2 'guru' did say that if there was a wifi connection it would use that first and not go to 3G ... but who knows .... it's a learning curve for me at the mo ... I'll get there ;) I do appreciate the help and suggestions tho hon ... please keep it up ;) xxx

Yeah it'll always use the wifi first or ask you to connect but sometimes it might lose connection and auto connect you to 3G and where there is no wifi if you're phone is set to auto update apps it'll still do that when connected to 3G which can take alot :) x

You're much more techy than me. The most techy thing my phone can do is video and take photos! My hubby's is even worse, he can only call and text on his phone.

Can't video on this one Bev - and I miss that :(

Ta-aaaaaaan!??!! ***mwah mwah mwah*** ;) .... can you tell me how to check if I'm 'auto updating apps'?? Mind you - thinking about it, after 16th it shouldn't matter. I get 500MB a month after that and my 'guru' said I could be on FB for 4 hrs every day and still not use it all up .. ? They seem to have given me this thing in the meantime where I don't pay more than £1 a day - reasonable I suppose, but I shouldn't really be spending anything :eek:

Been a good girl foodwise today :)

Breakie - 4 tablespoons of 0% vanilla yoghurt with 1.5tblsps oat bran

Lunch - Pack of roast chicken bits from Sainsbury's

Tea - I have a brisket joint in the slow cooker which DH & I will have some of & I'll probably take some to work with some boiled eggs and other cooked meats, a few pickles and a gherkin. I need to sort out the meats & things I've got in the fridge - fingers crossed the dates are ok! xx

Good job on the food front today. Do you think you are getting back in the zone, Jan?
Btw how do you do brisket in the slow cooker?

Thanks Molly - yes I think I'm just glad to be feeling more in control and not constantly 'stuffed' ... mind you the fact I'm still posting my food intake in this thread instead of the new one I set up for it doesn't say much for my mental state ;)

As for the brisket - as with any joint, chicken or whatever - I just put some scrunched up tinfoil in the bottom of the slow cooker to stop it sitting it its juices and therefore effectively 'boiling', bung the joint on top of it and stick it on low for about 6 hours or so :) ... it was nice too ... I like beef cooked right through with no pinkness though - it probably wouldn't do for anyone who does like it like that. xx

Gee I didn't even notice its the old thread!!! A bit of " old timers " all round!!! Lol

:8855: x

Jan do you bung the meat in just with tin foil no sauces or anything?

I'm sorry Jan but I can't help with that one. I'm not sure how but my app updates are set so that I have to actually download them myself by typing in my apple password, i'm not sure how I managed to do that - maybe yours is already set like? sowweee!

xxx

Yep that's right - no liquid at all :)

Ach never mind about the phone thing - I'll probably find the answer on eHow or somewhere :) xx

Back