JanD into the third year of maintenance :-D

Happy New Year all :D:D

I had 2 of the grandsons and my mum here last night, we had a nice time :D

I'm a bit embarrassed to relate that I have been bawling my eyes out and feel truly devastated and bereft at Pat dying on Eastenders tonight. I've been trying to analyse why I have felt it so keenly ... I mean after all I've watched tons of soap stars snuff it over the years. While I've sniffed a bit at the likes of Vera and Jack etc I've never been like this!!!

Any potential explanations will be duly considered ;) .... DH said perhaps - as my Mum is obviously not got a hundred years left that may be contributing ..... or maybe I've not grieved for my Dad properly yet (I know that's true but don't see how this with Pat would have anything to do with it ... Vera and Jack have pegged out since then ;))

I don't know but I sobbed my heart out tonight and end up just feeling puzzled!! :eek: ... you can take the P if you want .. I know it's mad ;)

I've eaten myself out of house and home today (maybe that's what's upset me ;) :giggle:) so am not going near the scales for a bit ;)

DH & I are having 'our' day tomorrow ... sometime over Christmas we try to have a day where we don't see anyone else and do exactly what we want ... we don't know exactly what we'll be doing even now ... we'll just play the day by ear :)

Tuesday I'll finally be able to give my policeman son and his family their prezzies :) ... While I understand their need to go away and have some couple and family time - I've missed them :eek: xxxx

Awww Jan, no explanations how you feel so sad about Pat dieing, but I know you will eventually find the reason behind it. I haven't watched Eastenders for years, but so many people have posted on FB about it, that I have it on record for just after 11pm tonight, so I will watch it tomorrow.

Enjoy your day with John tomorrow, hope you both had a lovely New Year xx

It could be to do with your mum Jan?! I always cry at things like that and for obvious reasons defo wont be watching tonights episode. I don't really watch it anyways.

Glad you had a lovely night last night, happy new year and have a lovely day tomorrow! :D xxx

Thanks guys ... :eek: ... It probably does have something to do with Mum - though I'm probably closer to Pat's age than Mum is ... LOL!! :)

Anyhoo ... emergency(ish) call from DS earlier - he needed to go round to the ex's and tell him it really is OVER and to get over himself .... When you think it was the ex who ended everything and is now in a suicidal depression (took himself off anti-ds about 6-8wks ago) - he's been making Jonnie's life hell and totally confusing the boys. Latest thing was he wanted Jonnie to halt divorce proceedings and see how they both feel in 6 months ... fortunately Jonnie is over him enough to see that it would only end in tears again and has had enough.

So I was round babysitting while he did that and he now feels much better - lets hope it has some effect!!

xxxx

Oh no Jan :( I do hope DS is ok and more importantly the boys. It's such a shame when people feel the need to confuse the kids & get them involved :(

Sending u, DS & boys big hugs :hug99:

Thanks Tan :) ... I haven't spoken to him today so i don't know if there's been any developments.

We've been to the cinema this afternoon. There's been a big new development on the front near us and there's a 'The Light' cinema there amongst other things. We went to see 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' .. it was good :) I was glad I hadn't read the book though because knowing what was going to happen would have spolt it for me. Then we went to a new bar/restaurant down there for a drink. It's really nice down there now and will be even better once all the units are filled. Up to now we've got The Light cinema - the bar/restaurant called Brooklyns, a Starbucks, Morrisons and Home Bargains OH and a travelodge :) ... I hope all the other units get filled and aren't just left to rot!!

Food been shocking but I'm not bothered .... not yet anyway ;) xxx

Sounds like a lovely day Jan. I've heard people say the books really good but im not sure if I'll like it?! X

I never fancied the book .. usually when EVERYONE is reading a book, seeing the film etc etc I don't like it! We just wanted to do something together today as the sort of last day of the holidays - on our own anyway, and my sister had bought us a cinema voucher - it was either that or the new mission impossible - I enjoyed it - i think you'd like it - the film that is, don't know about the book. xx

Sounds as though you had a lovely day with hubby, it's a really good idea to spend some time together just the two of you.

All the best for 2012 , Jan. I loved The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Very edgy film.

Had a lovely night last night. Finally got to see my middle son and his family and exchange pressies and the others came for tea as well, it was like another christmas :) One of the grandsons brought the Abba wii dancing game i got him for christmas and 2 controllers so we all had a great time dancing away to all the tracks :D
Tonight we've been out for our monthly meal with my friend (it's my friday start in work this week) - and since coming back we've finished off the box of purple quality streets we started last night. I only bought them in tescos yesterday - couldn't resist them as they were half price (any excuse :() Only £2 for 300gs!!! :)

I won't be having my normal monthly thursday 'mooch' day .. I'll be taking the decs down as i've got to take mum for a hosp app on friday.

Food and drink has been off the scale - if you'll pardon the pun :eek: - To the point I'm almost looking forward to getting back on the wagon. xx

OH! Btw ... I had an appointment with an 'o2 guru' today. Got my new sim - changed my tariff and I think I'm pretty much good to go ;) xx

Glad you're phone is now sorted! :D

Your second christmas sounded lovely! When are you thinking of getting back on the wagon or are you just playing it by ear? xxx

All our lot from last night

Attachments

• DSCF8055.jpg
    DSCF8055.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 43
Maybe tomorrow - but deffo friday! :D

I still need to learn how to upload photos onto FB - have to wait for one of the kids to show me I think - I've downloaded the App at any rate ;) xx

The family look lovely, Jan. good luck getting back to the straight and narrow path of diet righteousness!

Thanks Molly - I've a feeling I'm gonna need that luck :eek: xx

That's a lovely photo Jan :)

If your on about photos from iPhone to fb open up fb and you should see at the top it will say status..photo..check-in

Click the photo one and then chose from library and voila :) xx

OO .. I'll have a go ... Don't have many photos on my phone yet but let's see .......... xx

yesssss I think I've done it .... Thank yooooo :D:D:D xxx

Back