JanD's New Year, New Start, Maintenance Diary

Your house is gorgeous Jan :) So cute!!

I love it Jan!!!
Defo glad I didn't have to sweep that driveway!!!! Lol x

Your house is lovely Jan.

Glad you enjoyed your salad, sounds lovely! I also love balsamic vinegar on my salads after TFR.

Jan I can see how cleaning that drive was a workout. Good for you!

I WANT YOUR HOUSE (crosses arms, pets lip, stamps feet and other bratty behavioural traits) AND I WANT IT NOW!

xx

LOL! Yet when I hear you talking about sitting out in your back I want yours! We have no back garden - just a yard which is more like a dog's toilet. It's all at the side & not private enough for sitting out. And believe me you wouldn't like to clean it! ;) xx

JanD said:
LOL! Yet when I hear you talking about sitting out in your back I want yours! We have no back garden - just a yard which is more like a dog's toilet. It's all at the side & not private enough for sitting out. And believe me you wouldn't like to clean it! ;) xx

Lol - ah well, perfection is boring anyway! And who wants a boring home anyway (did that sound a convincing positive spin!)

Must admit, am very very proud of my garden (sorry our garden lol). Takes a lotta lotta time (me planning and instructing, The JimJim doing...lol). It's never ending tho - garden obsession!

Ps. You've a good chunk at front tho - and you cud partition of section of drive towards side of house and make into something. Plus a yard like area cud be an oasis of pots in a courtyard style - with trellising/gazebo structures for privacy! Listen to me - sorry - I'm obsessed with garden designing! Xx

Can't lose any drive because of the garage at the bottom but I've always wanted the dog's toilet to be a 'courtyard garden' - more or less like you say though we don't need anything for privacy as it's completely enclosed .... never quite makes it beyond the 'this is what I'd like' stage though and there is no way I have time to do it myself :( ...... maybe one day :sigh: xx

JanD said:
Can't lose any drive because of the garage at the bottom but I've always wanted the dog's toilet to be a 'courtyard garden' - more or less like you say though we don't need anything for privacy as it's completely enclosed .... never quite makes it beyond the 'this is what I'd like' stage though and there is no way I have time to do it myself :( ...... maybe one day :sigh: xx

Rubbish!!!! Pots don't take more'n a day to buy and fill! Or get pre-filled even - tho pricey! You don't need expensive pottery ones first off - just plastic terracota would do fine! Cluster them in groups and you're away! Baby steps and more baby steps and in no time at all, u'll be running (when ur not lying reading in your courtyard oasis)... xx

Positivity Mrs ... and as for labour, that what the older grandkids are for... xxx

We've hundreds of said pots (well several) now relegated to the edge of the drive by my car as they're full of weeds and moss etc and I've been trying to make the place look a little more presentable coz of visitors on Sunday.

And anyway missis! I've got quite enough to do! There is no way on God's earth I'm taking on any more jobs so doll off!! ;) xx

Lol - ok! I'll retreat into quiet submission for now but I'LL BE BACK! You haven't heard the last of this lady! pmsl x

Zebs07 said:
Lol - ok! I'll retreat into quiet submission for now but I'LL BE BACK! You haven't heard the last of this lady! pmsl x

:rotflmao:

:p :)

I'm off to bed now. I don't want to turn into a pumpkin tonight coz I'm up earlyish in the morning.

See you tomorrow guys :) xx

G'night :) sweet dreams xx

Well as I've said in Bev's thread. I thoroughly enjoyed the Royal Wedding AND got a stack of ironing done :D

It's occured to me i should be logging menus again as I'm eating so here we are.

Thursday 28th April

Breakie - chocolate mousse

Lunch - choc orange bar

Tea - smoked haddock, poached egg & spinach

Friday 29th April

Breakie - vanilla mousse

Lunch - Vegetable soup

Tea - baked salmon with salad & balsamic

Work - toffee. nut & raisin bar

breakie when I get in will be a banana mousse

When I get under 10st 7lbs I'm starting a new thread and getting me one of those Maintenance badges above my avatar!! Here's hoping that won't be too long!! :) xx

Last edited:
Friday 30th April

Had that banana mousse when I got in this morning.

Bed all day

Tea - tin tuna in brine with salad & balsamic

work - chocolate orange bar

Breakie in morning will be strawberry mousse. xx

I'm changing wi day, for the next 3 weeks anyway - Next tuesday we're going to the new season launch at the theatre we're members of where we get a free glass of wine .. this'll be my first drink for 4 weeks :)
The tuesday after we'll be celebrating DH's birthday - which is actually on the wednesday but I'll be working that night. And the following tuesday we're going to see Ed Byrne at said theatre which will involve a drink before and in the interval.

So I'll be getting weighed tuesday morning just in case those l'il dwinkies have any adverse effect the next morning. This will also stop me having anything on the monday nights which is one habit I really want to break ... or keep broken iykwim. I don't want to be drinking all 4 nights I'm off work again :eek: xx

Good plan Jan! Hope u enjoy ur first glass of wine in 4 weeks lol x

Wow sounds like your a busy lady. Hope you enjoy the events and of course the wine!x

Good plan for both the new diary and weigh in days :D
Hope you've had a lovely weekend xxx

Back