JanD's Maintenance Diary. Into the 2nd year :o)))

What are we like?! I suppose we're all also gearing ourselves up to go out in the cold & deice the cars! Unless either of you are lucky enough to be able to park somewhere sheltered. I've just looked out and mine needs some serious work ;). I hope you don't get too cold, get to bed sharpish and have a really good sleep. I think I'll be taking a tablet to make sure I do!

See you all later xx

I too delved into another tin of heroes that made it's way around the team!!

My car was fine after work jan and wasn't parked under shelter.... Soreeee! Maybe we can class you scraping your car as 'exercise'?! :giggle:

Hope ya didn't get too cold! Xxx

I suppose that's one good thing about not being at work, not being tempted by the mega tins of chocs that appear as if by magic and disappear in exactly the same fashion!

They had a tin of Roses at physio but I don't like Roses much so I didn't look to see what was in there.......I'm ok if I don't actually start....I've got a packet of white Lindor to try and some fancy chocs for Xmas afternoon but I only bought a box of a dozen so that's three each! Unless I put them on a plate and snaffle a couple away for emergency rations when no-one else is around! But that would be mean wouldn't it?:D

I haven't bought any treats, like fancy biscuits, at all this year and when we
did the 'big' shop yesterday Paul said he didn't fancy anything......what we are going to give people who drop in for drinks is precisely that......drink......and any leftover pigs in blankets! Everyone will have eaten far too much already.....I usually make the mistake of buying in tons of stuff and then end up eating it myself rather than chucking it out...so this year I just haven't bought it! I set up a thread on the general forum, for anyone who was interested, to stay the same over Xmas........not many people signed up though:sigh:

BTW it's not that I'm being a total killjoy this Xmas, honest, it's just that so much is riding on keeping the weight off. My surgeon says that if I can lose another stone it might save me having to have the other hip done for an extra year......chocolate or another hip replacement? No choice really:(

Please feel free to eat my share of the Christmas fare!

Oh sandra can I come live with you?!!!!
I've no idea why my mum buys so much rubbish at christmas time its mental! We never have people drop in, there will be 9 of us on xmas day and there is about a tonne of food, litterally! in the cupboards. Crisps, chocolates, biscuits, dips, nuts ... you name it it's probably there! When its in the cupboards its so tempting! When i eventually move out i'm not buying any of that crap :hmm: lol

Do you want me to adopt you? I never wanted children when I was younger but I love the kids (they're 26!) who live in the flat over our garages! Though they probably think I'm an old bat!

My mum always bought a load of rubbish and I doubt that she ever weighed less than 17 stone .....I am determined not to go the same way but both my sisters are really hefty and getting worse as we get older. It's so hard to avoid eating crap when it's in the house so this year I just decided not to buy it........I have beautiful cherry-red velvet jeans, size 12, to wear on Xmas day and they have plenty of room in them for me to still enjoy my dinner. I'm determined not to swop them for trackie bottoms!

Has your mum got a weight problem by any chance? I honestly believe that we inherit eating habits and not fat genes like everybody thinks!

My mum used to yeah, I went the exact same way as her ... chubby as a child, slim in our teens, piled on loads of weight by our twentys (except she kept it on & i've now lost it) she had 3 kids and stayed 'big' untill 4 years ago when she lost her mum and then the weight just fell off her within months. She's been a size 8-10 ever since and has maintained it well. I suppose thats why she keeps on at me to help me maintain it cuz im guessing she knows how hard it is.

She buys it, indulges a little but then leaves it. I know she'll end up giving all left over tins an stuff to my brother come the new year so i havnt long to wait before its out of sight!!! :giggle: x

Good for her......I've done the bereavement diet too, hideous and even worse than LT......not recommended. Oh well, at least your brother will get loads of treats, just try not to pig out tooooooo much;)

I always try to send the leftovers home with everybody after the big family get-together, which is what I get it all in for but i'm not going to pretend - I am going to put a few lbs on in the next week but I'm not going to stress about it. I have the pp plan in place ready to start in the new year and a few weeks of that will see me right. That's the beauty of being on maintenance as long as the few lbs doesn't become a few stones, then it's not maintenance, it's yo-yo-ing ;)

Thursday 23rd December

Mum's - cookie & a tiny slice of home made bread with clover lighter.

Breakie - Slice seed & oats toasted, spread with a little bit of phili light and topped with 'proper' cheese.

Bed (good sleep too :D)

Tea - Turkey drumstick (yes I know, strange week to decide to have one :eek:) slow cooked with casserole veg & tin of tomatoes. Half a slice of seeds & oats to mup up ;)

ww yog

tree choc

work - I've brought a pouch of chilli, half a slice of seed & oats and 4 satsuma (they're tiny) ... At the moment I don't feel like the chilli, if that doesn't change later on it'll just be the satsumas! xx

Looking good jan! And turkey 2 days before Xmas meal?! That is assuming you have turkey?

Few lbs I think in up already. I'm guns weigh everyday over Xmas just to keep an eye. Pp for us all come new year :) x

I know!! LOL!! Wasn't thinking, I just thought it was a good thing for the slow cooker :doh:

NOT good though. I've also polished off a yoghurt break (dbl) a weeto bar and a mini choc chip cookie :(

I quite enjoyed the chilli in the end - had it cold (I know - I'm weird ;)) xx

Not even going to bother for the next few days ... lots of choc been had today and have coe to work to find dish of sweets - and even though they're Quality Street ie. one of my least favourite, I WILL eat them :(

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC day xxx

:giggle: i'm not going to bother writing everything I eat down either Jan.

Hope you and the family have a lovely day today.
Lots of love xxx

Have had a lovely time up to now (though knackered with a capital K) .... hope you all have too :)

There'll be loads of photos after our get-together tomorrow and I want to see all of yours too! For now here's me in my baby-gro ;)

Attachments

• DSCF6816 (Small).JPG
    DSCF6816 (Small).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF6817 (Small).JPG
    DSCF6817 (Small).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 33
I love the baby gro Jan, its what I bought for my Sons girlfriend, well she had two, one with feet in, and one without feet - she loves them!

Oooh er very sawcy mrs D!!! :p

Actually I'd prefer one without feet ... they were a bit restrictive - especially when i was 'flushin'! ;)

I've put a load of photos on FB I'll post a link ... where are all yours!!??!! :) xx

Attachments

• DSCF6868 (Small).JPG
    DSCF6868 (Small).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF6792 (Small).JPG
    DSCF6792 (Small).JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 36
Brilliant photos jan & a lovely family one :) xx

I cant see the Facebook ones in work, as FB is blocked, but I love the two pics posted her, I agree with Tanya, the Family one is really nice.

Thanks folks :D. I've seen yours Tan - have you got any Mary? xx

Still eating and drinking for England :eek: ;) xx

Back