JaneB saying hello this is my diary and journey.

Well done on the loss :)

It will be really hard staying on plan whilst you're doing the kitchen but you'll be able to pull it back once it's all done.

Well done on the loss :)

It will be really hard staying on plan whilst you're doing the kitchen but you'll be able to pull it back once it's all done.

Thank you tilly, I will have to plan my meals around a two burner table top camping cooker (on loan), a microwave, a small fridge, think it might be plenty of casseroles and salads and the occasional chinese. xx

Well done on the loss! I need a new kitchen too. The plumbing under the sink used to leak and I have just seen that it has started leaking again and I am so afraid of telling you know who... aaarrrrgggggggg!!!!! xx

Thank you Hazel, I know its hard but if you can't ask him, ask your neighbour or a friend if they can have a look at it, see if they can help, don't leave it, if the leak gets to bad. xx

JaneB said:
Thank you tilly, I will have to plan my meals around a two burner table top camping cooker (on loan), a microwave, a small fridge, think it might be plenty of casseroles and salads and the occasional chinese. xx

Thank you Hazel, I know its hard but if you can't ask him, ask your neighbour or a friend if they can have a look at it, see if they can help, don't leave it, if the leak gets to bad. xx

If you want to borrow my George foreman grill for a few days let me know Hun x then you can cook meat and stuff :) x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Hi Jane :wavey: Tilly recommended I have a look at your diary for ideas for puddings, so thought I'd say hi. Hope you don't mind me copying some of your recipes? They look fab! :drool:

I've got a recipe for vanilla and lemon cheesecake that I'm going to try out for a family party this weekend :) x

Thank you lily, You deserve both, a brand new kitchen to make lovely meals and a lovely holiday after you have reached your target, your brother sounds lovely xx:D

Vanilla Cream Terrine with Raspberries/Strawberries and Blackcurrant/Blackberries Coulis
You will also need a plastic box measuring 4 x 4 x 4 inches (10 x10 x10cm) syn free

For the terrine
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
15oz quark
1.5 x 11g sachets gelatine powder
6oz sweetener
15floz 425ml Greek 0% yogurt

To garnish
6oz Raspberries or Strawberries
Fresh mint leaves optional

For the Blackcurrant/Blackberries coulis
8oz Blackcurrants or Blackberries
6oz sweetener

Method
Begin by placing the gelatine in a cup, together with 3 tablespoons of the quark, and leave it to soak for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place the rest of the quark in a saucepan with the sugar and heat gently till the sugar has dissolved (it's important not to overheat the quark). Next, add the soaked gelatine to the warm quark and whisk everything over the heat for a few seconds. Now remove the quark mixture from the heat.
In a mixing bowl, stir the yogurt and vanilla together, then pour in the gelatine quark mixture through a sieve. Mix very thoroughly and pour the whole lot into the plastic box, allow to cool, then cover and chill in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours or preferably overnight until it's set.
Meanwhile, make the blackcurrants/blackberries coulis by first de-stalking the blackcurrants/blackberries and then sprinkling them with the sugar in a bowl. Leave to soak for 30 minutes, and then you can either sieve them directly back into the bowl or, to make the sieving easier, whiz them first in a food processor then sieve into the bowl. Taste to check that you have added enough sugar, then pour into a jug and chill until you're ready to serve the terrine.
To serve, turn the terrine out on to a board, first sliding a palette knife around the edges to loosen it, then giving it a hefty shake. Then cut into six slices. Arrange each slice on a serving plate, spoon a little blackcurrant/blackberry coulis over opposite corners of each one and decorate with the fresh raspberries/strawberries and mint leaves (optional).

waitrose-vanilla-terrine.jpg
syn free

My brother is lovely...some of the time and other times like all human beings and especially the male kind he is an ass...but you got to love him lol

Puddings look amazing again....another 2 to add to my recipe file lol...thanks hun xx

Hi Jane :wavey: Tilly recommended I have a look at your diary for ideas for puddings, so thought I'd say hi. Hope you don't mind me copying some of your recipes? They look fab! :drool:

I've got a recipe for vanilla and lemon cheesecake that I'm going to try out for a family party this weekend :) x

Your welcome any time and thank you, I love cheesecake I haven't tried that one, will have to copy that one off you. xx

My brother is lovely...some of the time and other times like all human beings and especially the male kind he is an ass...but you got to love him lol

Puddings look amazing again....another 2 to add to my recipe file lol...thanks hun xx

Thank you lily, glad you like the puddings :).
I don't have a brother just a sister who I haven't seen or heard from for 25yrs come this sept or my parents, it was the day of my sister's wedding we all fell out, long story, still haven't forgiven her or my parents xx

My menu for today Friday 09/09/11
Red Day

Breakfast
1 pint of water
Shape 0% yogurt peach 0.5syn
Plums, banana
Tea

Mid morning after exercising
1 pint of water
Strawberries and banana
Tea

Late Lunch
1 pint of water
Mushroom and bacon soup and bread Hxb
Pineapple and strawberries
Tea

Late Dinner
1 pint of water
Ham off the bone, scrambled egg, tomatoes, sw chips Hxb
Tea

Dessert
Mixed fruit terrine and 0% Greek yogurt
Tea

Nibbling on fruit throughout the day.

Supper night time drink with chocolate fix
250ml Cappuccino with 16g diary milk chocolate grated on top 1.5syns, Hubbys speciality, milk from allowance (A choice)

Hx’s

A 350ml skim milk
A 350ml skim milk
B 197g potato
B 1 x 800g bread

Treat
Alpen bar 3 syns.

Syns 5

10.5/105

How are you today Jane? Made any more puddings?? The vanilla one looks lovely.

Hi hazel, glad you like the vanilla one its so simple to make, not had time to make any more puddings yet, I usually bake on sunday for the rest of the week, have done since the children were little, not so little now they are 29 and 30yrs, sunday was normally boring, so I made it my baking day.:D xx

Well done on your weight loss :D gosh those deserts looks so professional as always Jane :) drooling here!

So how do I watch you on this programme. I am obviously being so thick as I 've not heard of it..
xxxxxx

Thank you Jackie, like tilly said you can watch anything on youtude, hubby is on it all the time watching all the 60's and 70's music plus programmes like Jo ninety, Laurel and Hardy etc, I watch programmes like folly foot farm, black beauty, bonanza, High Chaperral etc, god we must sound old hehe.:) xx

You must have heard of youtube.com. You can watch anything on there. Get one of the kids to show you :D

Thank you tilly, do you go on youtube?. :D xx

Yes I go on youtube. I watch old tv series or films.

The first time I saw Les Miserables was on youtube. I'd never fancied seeing that but my daughters school did it this year so I went on to get some of the lyrics for her to practice. I came across the 10th anniversary show and loved it. I've got the dvd now and have watched it loads. I loved my daughters show and got their dvd too. One day I'll go and see the show :)

I also like listeneing to music on it and daughter and me sing along with the lyrics and have a really good time - obviously not when anyones about cos it's an awful noise we make :8855:

There are some slimming world recipes on there and it's nice to see them being cooked. I can't wait for yours cos your food always looks brilliant :D

Your welcome any time and thank you, I love cheesecake I haven't tried that one, will have to copy that one off you. xx

Thank you lily, glad you like the puddings :).
I don't have a brother just a sister who I haven't seen or heard from for 25yrs come this sept or my parents, it was the day of my sister's wedding we all fell out, long story, still haven't forgiven her or my parents xx

I am one of 7 children, one brother committed suicide aged 32, and the other 6 of us are split right down the middle...I speak to 2 my eldest brother and my youngest sister, not spoken to the other 3 for 19 years and my parents since 1982, heard 2 years ago that my mother died, but as I didn't really ever have a relationship with her it didn't really affect me....a very long story here too, but I do believe it's at the bottom of my weight problems, my kids hubby and anyone I choose to have in my life are now my family....hence the reason I don't like too many personal relationships
You're puddings my lovely are to die for ...I made my neighbours son, the one that I am helping to do slimming world and exercise (he has learning difficulties), your eton mess recipe and he absolutely loved it, says it stops him wanting his kit kats lol bless him
I am just about to put some pics in my album of him exercising, he is so determined it's a pleasure to help him xx

Jane I am just popping in to say hi :D

I have made your lime mousse for tea it smells so yummy and fresh :D can't wait to dive in :D
am going to read back and see what else I can make from your diary now and need to get back to 100% and your lovely meals (and Lily's) always inspire me to cook xxxxx

Jane I am just popping in to say hi :D

I have made your lime mousse for tea it smells so yummy and fresh :D can't wait to dive in :D
am going to read back and see what else I can make from your diary now and need to get back to 100% and your lovely meals (and Lily's) always inspire me to cook xxxxx

Your welcome Jackie, glad you like my recipes, feeling happy today music is on loud I just want to dance around while doing my housework, just picked out some receipe for my baking tomorrow will let you know later what I am doing, well done for getting back on 100% can't be easy after the last few weeks, proud of you for staying on plan. xx

Thanks :) I'm making it in the morning for a party on Sunday, if it goes well I'll post the recipe xx

Pleased do I just love cheesecake, might make a peach and apricot one, once you post the recipe for me:D. xx

Yes I go on youtube. I watch old tv series or films.

The first time I saw Les Miserables was on youtube. I'd never fancied seeing that but my daughters school did it this year so I went on to get some of the lyrics for her to practice. I came across the 10th anniversary show and loved it. I've got the dvd now and have watched it loads. I loved my daughters show and got their dvd too. One day I'll go and see the show :)

I also like listeneing to music on it and daughter and me sing along with the lyrics and have a really good time - obviously not when anyones about cos it's an awful noise we make :8855:

There are some slimming world recipes on there and it's nice to see them being cooked. I can't wait for yours cos your food always looks brilliant :D
We have the Les Miserable the 10th anniversary dvd show and love it we have watched it loads of times too, I think its the best.
I saw the slimming world recipes on 'youtube' and the people who show how to make them, that's where I got the idea from and said to myself I would like to do that and may give it ago, thank you tilly for your kind words :). xx

I am one of 7 children, one brother committed suicide aged 32, and the other 6 of us are split right down the middle...I speak to 2 my eldest brother and my youngest sister, not spoken to the other 3 for 19 years and my parents since 1982, heard 2 years ago that my mother died, but as I didn't really ever have a relationship with her it didn't really affect me....a very long story here too, but I do believe it's at the bottom of my weight problems, my kids hubby and anyone I choose to have in my life are now my family....hence the reason I don't like too many personal relationships
You're puddings my lovely are to die for ...I made my neighbours son, the one that I am helping to do slimming world and exercise (he has learning difficulties), your eton mess recipe and he absolutely loved it, says it stops him wanting his kit kats lol bless him
I am just about to put some pics in my album of him exercising, he is so determined it's a pleasure to help him xx

You are so kind helping this young boy out you deserve a medal, I am glad he likes the eton mess.
I don't miss my parents or my sister, I only give them a second thought if I look at the date and I say to myself its so and so birthday today and he or she is something old, then I get on with whatever I am doing until next year when there birthday comes round again. my parents or my sister didn't like us having a successful business thought we were snobs, but we worked hard for it and we just liked nice things and we were not snobs, but that's all in the past they are not worth writing or thinking about. xx

Back