JaneB saying hello this is my diary and journey.

Very tied today, glad the grandkids are going home later today, doing a small sw buffet for when there mum comes, grandkids has helped me.

Hope your daughter is ok today, did the sleep fairy come to you.

Glad you like the beads, can't wait for them to come, thanks for letting us use your idea. XX

No sleep fairy :cry: if you see her please send her my way before I collapse :(

There was a spider fairy sent a humungous one in the middle of the night, and a falling on the floor drunk with hiccups one that fell through the front door at around 2.30am :8855:

oh and my ideas are few and far between so make the most of it if I have a good one :8855:

I am hoping to attempt your mousse today Jane (lime one) how long does it take to set sweetie ? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Buffet sounded fabulous...my grandkids are going home today, can't believe the holidays are over already, where did those 6+ weeks go?
Hope you have a great day hun xx

No sleep fairy :cry: if you see her please send her my way before I collapse :(

There was a spider fairy sent a humungous one in the middle of the night, and a falling on the floor drunk with hiccups one that fell through the front door at around 2.30am :8855:

oh and my ideas are few and far between so make the most of it if I have a good one :8855:

I am hoping to attempt your mousse today Jane (lime one) how long does it take to set sweetie ? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jackie not had time to really look at my diary the last few days, hoped your lime mousse came out ok, I try and do mine the night before, but if you can't they are set within a couple of hours.

My son used to do that which I hated because I couldn't really sleep, till I know he was back, daughter only did it the once, hubby went mad with her, very protected about his little girl, (she is 29 now and he is still protected of her), use to say boys will be boys and they can look after themselves, men.:)

Hope your daughter is getting better, going to send you a big :hug99: I think you need it. xx

Hello Jane :) how are you?

I didn't read all of your posts so tell me what I've missed please :D

Had Grandchildren over to stay for a week, gone home yesterday :bliss:bliss, got nominated for woman of the year, came 2nd place by 2 votes, got my 2st skicker and club 10, getting a pandora bracklet and getting sparkly beads from USA for every half stone I lose, to put on it, I have sent off for 5 one for each half stone and my club 10.
You could get your husband to buy you one for your anniversary and you can keep collecting them for every half stone you lose, it may keep you motivated like me, lily, crumble and jackie and tilly. xx:)

Buffet sounded fabulous...my grandkids are going home today, can't believe the holidays are over already, where did those 6+ weeks go?
Hope you have a great day hun xx

It is :bliss:bliss in our house now that the grandchildren have gone home, the buffet was lovely, nobody minded that it was a sw buffet and all on plan, doing another one for christmas, going to do a quick clean around and just relax today just the 2 of us, hubby is abit tied, it took it out on him with the GK's, but loved every minute of it, they are back to school tomorrow, oldest can't wait to see all her friends again, going to put my menu on later nothing special, just a lazy day. xx

Having a lazy day today, grandchildren have gone home.

My menu for today Sunday 04/09/11
Red Day

Breakfast
1 pint of water
Shape 0% yogurt peach 0.5syn
Strawberries, plums
Tea

Mid morning after exercising
1 pint of water
Bacon, tomatoe, egg and mushroom
2 bread Hxb
Tea

Late Lunch
1 pint of water
Fresh fruit salad
Shape 0% yogurt apple crumble 0.5syn
Tea

Dinner
1 pint of water
lamb, Carrots and Swede, mushrooms, runner beans,
roast potatoes Hxb
Tea

Dessert
Lemony meringue cupcakes 5 syns
Strawberries and greek 0% yogurt
Tea

Nibbling on fruit throughout the day.

Supper night time drink with chocolate fix
200ml Cappuccino with 16g diary milk chocolate grated on top 1.5syns, Hubbys speciality, milk from allowance (A choice)

Hx’s

A 350ml skim milk
A 350ml skim milk
B 197g Potatoes
B 2 x 400g bread

Treat
Curly wurly 6syns
Alpen bar 3 syns.

Syns 16.5

55.5/105

I've been meaning to get myself a charm bracelet for a while now and wanted to buy a charm for every stone I lost... Where are u guys buying yours from? X

Enjoy your relaxing day sweetie. All my plans today went out of the window :( but hey tomorrow is another day.

I never got around to making the desert. I will make it either in a moment or tomorrow as really really want to try it.

I have a craving to make the syn free lemon curd and eat it with a meringue... not sure what it would be like

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This Lemony Meringue cupcakes is out of this sw mag, they were easy to make, I didn't brown mine off.

Lemony Meringue cupcakes

4oz/113g flora light softened
8 tbsp sweetener
6oz/170g self raising flour
4 eggs
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Few drops of lemon extract
2 large egg whites
2oz/57g caster sugar
1 level sp icing sugar to decorate

Method
1/ Preheat your oven to 190c 375f gas 5, Line a 12 cup bun tin with paper cupcakes cases

2/ Put the spread, sweetener, flour eggs lemon zest and extract in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until smooth,
Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cakes have risen, transfer to a wire rack to cool.

3/Meanwhile, put the egg whites in a clean glass bowl and beat with an electric whisk on a medium speed until the mixture forms stiff peaks, turn the speed up to high an add the caster sugar a spoonful at a time continuing to beat for 3-4 seconds between each addition.

4/ When all the sugar has been added, whisk until the mixture is stiff and glossy, spoon or pipe the meringue over the cupcakes.

5/ You can use a cook’s blow torch carefully heat the meringue until golden brown or leave white as they are, then dust over the icing sugar and a bit of the zest peel and serve.

lemon-meringue.jpg
5 syns

Enjoy your relaxing day sweetie. All my plans today went out of the window :( but hey tomorrow is another day.

I never got around to making the desert. I will make it either in a moment or tomorrow as really really want to try it.

I have a craving to make the syn free lemon curd and eat it with a meringue... not sure what it would be like

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No wonder your day hasn't gone to plan, hope your chris is ok, I think you would love this lemony merginue cupcake they are Heavenly,:drool:, try and stay strong jackie, things will get better. xx

I've been meaning to get myself a charm bracelet for a while now and wanted to buy a charm for every stone I lost... Where are u guys buying yours from? X

I got mine off ebay international from USA, but they have others on ebay uk and amazon. I can't wait for mine it going to keep me motivated to want more. I hope you get one Roziee. xx

Hope you managed to have a relaxing day :)

It was so peaceful and quiet tilly without the grandkids heavenly, enjoyed lazing around doing nothing.

Hope you managed to get your old carpets up, at least when they come to fit ours in Oct after the kitchen been fitted, they will be laying ours on old laminate flooring. xx

Last edited:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey hun, I tried the syn free lemon curd, it really hit the spot, had it with some home made meringue and made a lemon meringue pie .....the lemon curd was delicious but I messed up the meringues lol...oh well practice makes perfect x

This Lemony Meringue cupcakes is out of this sw mag, they were easy to make, I didn't brown mine off.

Lemony Meringue cupcakes

4oz/113g flora light softened
8 tbsp sweetener
6oz/170g self raising flour
4 eggs
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Few drops of lemon extract
2 large egg whites
2oz/57g caster sugar
1 level sp icing sugar to decorate

Method
1/ Preheat your oven to 190c 375f gas 5, Line a 12 cup bun tin with paper cupcakes cases

2/ Put the spread, sweetener, flour eggs lemon zest and extract in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until smooth,
Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cakes have risen, transfer to a wire rack to cool.

3/Meanwhile, put the egg whites in a clean glass bowl and beat with an electric whisk on a medium speed until the mixture forms stiff peaks, turn the speed up to high an add the caster sugar a spoonful at a time continuing to beat for 3-4 seconds between each addition.

4/ When all the sugar has been added, whisk until the mixture is stiff and glossy, spoon or pipe the meringue over the cupcakes.

5/ You can use a cook’s blow torch carefully heat the meringue until golden brown or leave white as they are, then dust over the icing sugar and a bit of the zest peel and serve.

lemon-meringue.jpg
5 syns

I loved the look of these, but 5 syns...are they really worth that many...I am very mean with my syns I like as much as I can get for as few as possible lol
But got Granddaughter no1's 13th Birthday on Thursday and she wants cupcakes, I will be making the 1 syn ones cos she loved them, but if you say you think these are worth 5 syns I might make a batch of these too, seeing as I have loved everything that you've made so far lol xx

Lily I think they are worth it, they are so light and fluffy, your granddaughter with love them and so will all the family, I made these for our buffet and they all went, when I had mine it felt great to be eating a normal looking cake, if you know what I mean and still be on plan, my daughter said "should we be eating these", I replied yes. (I made mine in a silicone muffin tray). xx

Oooh I really want to try these then, I don't have a silicone muffin tray but I do have 30 individual cupcake cases ...I guess they'll be fine...excited now can't wait to try them lol
We are going to the Harvester at the weekend cos that's what she wants to do (already have my menu planned ), but she also wants a little tea party for her actual Birthday...and the kids love slimming world treats ...plus a lot of the Iceland plateaus are very SW friendly, very low in syns or no syns at all xx

My menu for today Monday 05/09/11
EE Day

Breakfast
1 pint of water
Shape 0% yogurt peach 0.5syn
Strawberries, pineapple
Tea

Mid morning after exercising
1 pint of water
2 weetabix, mullerlight yogurt, banana
Tea

Late Lunch
1 pint of water
Baked Potato, baked beans, bacon
Shape 0% yogurt apple crumble 0.5syn
Tea

Dinner
1 pint of water
Pork steak, Carrots and Swede, runner beans, roast potatoes
Tea

Dessert
Eton Mess 2.5 syns
Strawberries and Greek 0% yogurt
Tea

Nibbling on fruit throughout the day.

Supper night time drink with chocolate fix
150ml Cappuccino with 16g diary milk chocolate grated on top 1.5syns, Hubbys speciality, milk from allowance (A choice)

Hx’s

A 350ml skim milk
B 2 Weetabix

Treat
Alpen bar 3 syns.

Syns 8

63.5/105

Oooh I really want to try these then, I don't have a silicone muffin tray but I do have 30 individual cupcake cases ...I guess they'll be fine...excited now can't wait to try them lol
We are going to the Harvester at the weekend cos that's what she wants to do (already have my menu planned ), but she also wants a little tea party for her actual Birthday...and the kids love slimming world treats ...plus a lot of the Iceland plateaus are very SW friendly, very low in syns or no syns at all xx

I made mine in silicon muffin tray because they are deeper, wanted to get more out of it, iceland plateaus are great, my son and daughter use them alot when they have bbq. I have never been to Harvester seen them on tv, let us know how you get on there. Your GD is going to love all the fuss. Have a lovely time. xx

Going to do my exercise running late today been on here first, 2hours has passed already. xx

Back