JANUARY CHALLENGE - New Year, New you!

Hi busy mum. 8lbs for me this week thanks. Hope week 3 is easier. I'm about to cave every few mins :S

Fantastic loss again totes! I hope the results alone are enough to keep you going in these early weeks. You've already comedown to 25st in 2 weeks!! Amazing achievement.

Thanks busymum. U would be amazed how foolish a person can be. Its like I forget what and how well I'm doing and why and I've literally cried this week. Results are brill, just fighting to hang in there! This week will be easier. It will. It will. X thanks again

Hi Louise. I know you're very disappointed with your loss this week which I can understand. Stick at it this week and I'm sure you'll see the rewards next time you're on the scales. Have you measured your inches? If you have, measure them again you'll be surprised at how many inches you have lost even if it's not showing on the scales yet.
Great advice :}

Thanks busymum. U would be amazed how foolish a person can be. Its like I forget what and how well I'm doing and why and I've literally cried this week. Results are brill, just fighting to hang in there! This week will be easier. It will. It will. X thanks again

I can totally understand. I have shed many tears on this diet especially during those early weeks but even now too. For us food is such an emotionally tool and our food habits run very deep. I have copied and pasted below a passage written by a member on here, BetsyBotox which I can absolutely relate to (she did LT almost 3 years ago and lost a similar amount of weight to what we would like to lose):-

My LT journey has benefited me more psychologically more than it has physically. My total abstinence from food and drink has taught me so much about myself. I was a comfort/boredom eater. Food was my best friend. If I had a crisis/upset/stress I ran straight to the fridge or the local takeaway to ease my pain. If I found myself at a loose end with nothing to do, I headed straight into the loving arms of food to ease my boredom. LT and total abstinence has taught me that I don't need to turn to food to help me cope with the stresses and strains of everyday life. I don't need to eat and drink just because it's your birthday/Christmas/Wedding/Easter etc. LT has taught me control. It has taught me that food will not take away the hurt/stress. If anything it will hinder the process of healing. I would eat, get fatter, get depressed about getting fatter, thus this adds to the original misery, leading to more stress! Vicious circle!

I'm hoping I can get to this point at the end of my journey when food is only fuel for my body and nothing more. Best wishes to you for week 3.

I couldve wrote that myself, totally get it. I hope we think like that at the end too. This is only part 1, lasts a few months. Then part 2.. lasts the rest of ur life. The mind has to catch up or ur back to square 1. When I think about it, am I actually crying about food? No one died. My child is healthy. My partner loves me. I have a home albeit rented. I'm crying about food? Really? Its not right. Listen, thanks so much for even taking the time to really read and paste that for me. Ur so obviously a nurturing person. Ur a gem altogether. Ur family and friends are lucky. U look after yourself. Get to the end of this. We need more like u around. X x thanks again

I couldve wrote that myself, totally get it. I hope we think like that at the end too. This is only part 1, lasts a few months. Then part 2.. lasts the rest of ur life. The mind has to catch up or ur back to square 1. When I think about it, am I actually crying about food? No one died. My child is healthy. My partner loves me. I have a home albeit rented. I'm crying about food? Really? Its not right. Listen, thanks so much for even taking the time to really read and paste that for me. Ur so obviously a nurturing person. Ur a gem altogether. Ur family and friends are lucky. U look after yourself. Get to the end of this. We need more like u around. X x thanks again

Well done Ali putting things in perspective as you have done is the start of sorting it all out :}

Thanks bigmutha x x x thanks for getting me thinking about it this morning too, really struck a chord. X

Hi busy mum 1.7 down for me this week please

@busy mum, can you put me down for a 1lb loss please, I'm sooooo gutted been 100% all week and only shed a lb, but it's my totm and I usually do gain about 5-7lb so I'm hoping it will show next week on the scales.Thanks.
Louise x x

I'm sure you're right, I'm the same. Fingers crossed for a great loss next week x

4lbs off for me this week :) x

Ah that's excellent yeye, very well done!! X

Well done yeye you are doing brill

Thanx, just 2lbs off 5st! Happy :)

4.2lb for me this week! just came back from the chemist. pounds are dropping hehe... :D

Fantastic new girl!!! And ur over the 40 day mark! Ur doing so so so well. U just be delighted with that result today! X

Fantastic new girl!!! And ur over the 40 day mark! Ur doing so so so well. U just be delighted with that result today! X

Thanks Ali, yea I can't believe that it is over 40days! it passed very quickly. Jan is nearly over, Feb is a short month, and then it will get warmer so hopefully will drink more water and walk more. and at the end of March I think I should be on my goal weight :)

Last edited:
Wow end of March! Sure that's only around the corner. Brilliant!! Very exciting isn't it:)

Wow end of March! Sure that's only around the corner. Brilliant!! Very exciting isn't it:)

It is. How are you finding LT? you've lost nearly 2st too! looks like is going very well for you!

Back