*******JANUARY FITNESS CHALLENGE*******

Well I'm pleased with myself, managed to to 30 mins on the Wii with the strength training exercises & hula hooping as well as 30 mins proper workout with the barbell three days running now, a good start I feel! 3 hours of exercise already - doesn't sound like much but I'm new back to it & I'm ACHING!
The Wii is really just a lighter workout to try to get me supple again and warm me up then followed by the more intense barbell workout with weights (2.5kg which I'm going to up as I progress) which really breaks a sweat. Long may it continue!

Amazing work, all of you. :D And thanks so much for all of the well wishes. xx

I'm all rested up and feeling much better now. Did my seated workouts. I'd forgotten how challenging one of them was! Not as bad as it used to be, but my arms still started aching partway through. :D I think I'll be ready to hit the pavement again tomorrow.

The wind helped me not miss my walk so much, haha. It was dreadful, and I stayed out in it as little as possible!

Well done to you both & really pleased to hear you're feeling better GSP

I ran again this morning and ran the furtherst I have managed so far 3.32 miles :D & then did a Davina workout then walked into city up a big hill. My bottom really aches now!

Erryn - 13 x sprints/runs, 12 x PT sessions, 4 x walks - 3 x sprint/runs done, 3 PT sessions done
AliceLouise - Make sure to do a workout every day, even if it is a small one, Beat some of my high scores on the wii fit, go for a run/jog (Asthma permitting)
GrumpySpacePrincess -
(5 miles) every day in January - 8 days done so far
SaraSlimmer - Resist the bus and walk to and from work every day (4 miles), Swim once per week, 2 gym sessions each week, one big walk at the weekend (7+ miles)
SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 10.7 /40 miles & 9/20 KB workouts
LittleHistorian -
barbell workout every day (except Sundays) at least 30 minutes if possible, Start my weights off low but definitely add to it little by little, No more excuses, Eat clean, Get the Wii Fit out & do some hula hooping

Bit of a blow for me I'm afraid. I have just found out I have a rectocele and uterine prolapse, so no more high impact training for me and definitely no weight lifting. :cry:

I now need to reassess my training regimen and start from the beginning in a different way - all low impact stuff - body weight only. I'm absolutely gutted but refuse to let it stop me losing weight. So tomorrow I'm heading for the gym to use the cross trainer and will check out spin classes. I'm so, so disappointed to have to say goodbye to running forever and I'm gutted that I can never do weights again. In the words of my doctor 'Oh, you're very young for this to have happened! It's normally only women over 60 who have this problem' Great, so I get an extra 20 years of having to deal with it.

I've already contacted someone to help me go through exercises that I can use to strengthen my pelvic floor, etc., so I should still be able to work fairly hard - just differently. I'll be learning from scratch! In the meantime, I best not put on any weight!

Oh no, Erryn! :( I'm so sorry that has happened to you. I hope you find an exercise that suits you as well as running and weights did. Is swimming an option for you? Definitely low impact, and burns lots of calories.

I managed my 5 miles easily today. I think the rest did me a world of good.

Erryn - 13 x sprints/runs, 12 x PT sessions, 4 x walks - 3 x sprint/runs done, 3 PT sessions done
AliceLouise - Make sure to do a workout every day, even if it is a small one, Beat some of my high scores on the wii fit, go for a run/jog (Asthma permitting)
GrumpySpacePrincess -
(5 miles) every day in January - 9 days done so far
SaraSlimmer - Resist the bus and walk to and from work every day (4 miles), Swim once per week, 2 gym sessions each week, one big walk at the weekend (7+ miles)
SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 10.7 /40 miles & 9/20 KB workouts
LittleHistorian -
barbell workout every day (except Sundays) at least 30 minutes if possible, Start my weights off low but definitely add to it little by little, No more excuses, Eat clean, Get the Wii Fit out & do some hula hooping

Erryn so sorry thats horrid. Hopefully the pelvic floor work will help lift & support things. I agree with GSP about swimming or aqua aerobics?

I did another KB workout

GrumpySpacePrincess -
SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 10.7 /40 miles & 10/20 KB workouts
LittleHistorian -
barbell workout every day (except Sundays) at least 30 minutes if possible, Start my weights off low but definitely add to it little by little, No more excuses, Eat clean, Get the Wii Fit out & do some hula hooping[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. I've stopped sulking now and for once, didn't go mental and have wine and rubbish yesterday. I actually stuck to my plan knowing that I'd feel better today and would be able to work something out - let's forget that I only recently bought a really good treadmill for £1500!!!

So, yep, swimming is definitely an option. I absolutely love it. I'm not too fussed about aqua aerobics as I'm used to sprinting and doing really high intensity stuff, so I just don't feel it would be enough for me. I'm also good to go with spinning, cycling and the cross trainer. My main issue is building muscle. I will have some loose skin and weights are the best way to tone that up. I'm going to see about getting on to the TRX at the gym - I'm seeing a new trainer today to do a taster session.

...and of course there's my old favourite - walking!

There are options, I just have to be careful. I've also spoken to a lady who is going to come and teach me how to do pelvic floor training to protect it so that I can incorporate it into my gym sessions (i.e., breathing correctly, holding my core properly, etc.).

It's not the end of the world, it's just having to learn ways around it (and in the meantime, I did my usual training session yesterday, including sprints/running - soooo naughty! I need to knock it on the head and behave myself before I make things worse).

Done another half hour on the Wii and half hour barbell workout the last couple of days. Good progress but still a fatty! Don't like myself tonight at all.

Been poorly with cold so less than usual - but another KB workout & some kick boxing. Hoping to run tomorrow if feeling OK & wind isn't too hideous!

GrumpySpacePrincess -
SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 10.7 /40 miles & 11/20 KB workouts
LittleHistorian -

I'm still keeping on with the regime and diet. Lost just 2lbs so far, which is a start but I want more off! Well done all!

Last edited:
I'm still keeping on with them engine and diet. Lost just 2lbs so far, which is a start but I want more off! Well done all!

Well done & I always want more too :8855:

Feeling much better - did lovely 3 mile run this morning and in a personal best (still slow but faster than my normal!) Also did KB yesterday :)

GrumpySpacePrincess -
SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 13.7 /40 miles & 12/20 KB workouts
LittleHistorian -

Another 3 miles today which is good because have some miles to make up to hit my 40 given the few lost runs due to illness! I also did a KB core work out

GrumpySpacePrincess -
SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 16.7 /40 miles & 13/20 KB workouts
LittleHistorian -

let's forget that I only recently bought a really good treadmill for £1500!!!

Oh no! Ouch. :(

I have been keeping up with my walks, but no idea how many days out of the 31 I've done now. All except those I missed because of the foot, plus today. Today was missed only because it looked so cold outside. Which is no excuse, really! Could've walked around indoors, but didn't. Will do better tomorrow. :)

I was going to run again today but it was icy & foggy so wimped out! But did another KB workout :)

GSP hope the weather is better tomorrow for us both. I used to do the Leslie Sansone walk at home workouts but its so much nicer being outdoors.

GrumpySpacePrincess -
SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 16.7 /40 miles & 14/20 KB workouts
LittleHistorian -

I'm doing ok, have only taken the bus once, when I had a heavy suitcase to carry. The gym last night was sooo busy I could only get on one machine without queuing, so just stayed on it for half an hour!

I'm doing ok, have only taken the bus once, when I had a heavy suitcase to carry. The gym last night was sooo busy I could only get on one machine without queuing, so just stayed on it for half an hour!

Thats January-itis!

Hurrah wasn;t too cold this morning so did lovely Fartlek session to try and boost my speed!

GrumpySpacePrincess -
SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 18.7 /40 miles & 14/20 KB workouts
LittleHistorian -

Was hoping to do 3 miles this morning but got really bad period cramps mid run. I tried running thru them but ended up giving up & heading home. So another 2.5 miles added but have lots to do before end of month :rolleyes:

GrumpySpacePrincess -
SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 21.3/40 miles & 14/20 KB workouts
LittleHistorian -

Ugh, I hate when that happens, sjb! Exercise is supposed to help, but I find it never does for me.

I finally went through my fitbit history and worked out that with the foot injury plus Sunday's laziness, I've missed 5 days this month.

GrumpySpacePrincess - (5 miles) every day in January - 17 days done so far
SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 21.3/40 miles & 14/20 KB workouts
LittleHistorian - barbell workout every day (except Sundays) at least 30 minutes if possible, Start my weights off low but definitely add to it little by little, No more excuses, Eat clean, Get the Wii Fit out & do some hula hooping

Ugh, I hate when that happens, sjb! Exercise is supposed to help, but I find it never does for me.

I finally went through my fitbit history and worked out that with the foot injury plus Sunday's laziness, I've missed 5 days this month.

You're doing great the foot you can't help and one day is a rest not lazy ;)

I did two KB workouts today - one general & one core (ouchie!) Hoping to knock off some miles over weekend but resigned to missing my target but hopefully not by much!

SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 21.3/40 miles & 16/20 KB workouts
LittleHistorian - barbell workout every day (except Sundays) at least 30 minutes if possible, Start my weights off low but definitely add to it little by little, No more excuses, Eat clean, Get the Wii Fit out & do some hula hooping

Longest run I've managed so far - just under four miles. Will run again tomorrow. Hope to get over the 4 :D

SJB - Run 40 miles in January plus 20+ sessions of Kettlebells - So far 25.2/40 miles & 16/20 KB workouts

Back