Jay's Journey

thanks vicky!!!

just had my first coffee vanilla shake....went down quite nicely!!

i really love coffee so that helps

the vanilla on its own does taste like cake mixture (yum yum) but after a while does feel a bit sickly...

so my first weigh in is only hours away now and i do def feel thinner in just one week, my shirts feel bigger and my trousers are falling down as my belt is at the last hole!!! so i need to punch another one through!! yay!!

my OH said that even in this short time she can see that the daily photographs show an improvement so that keeps me more focused!!!

i've not looked on purpose as i want to wait and string them all together...

i'll write up the results this evening

take care all and thanks a million for all your kind works

xXx

Good luck Jay. How are you finding having just 2 shakes a day? When I started I had one mid morning and one in the evening, but found I was famished by 4 o'clock, so now I have my first one at lunchtime - seems to suit me better.

Jon

Thanks Jon...

yeah i try and leave my morning one to as late as i can usually about 10:30 to 11:00

don't get the 4 o'clock blues...more like 6:30 then i just have the second one..so i'm finding it ok at the moment

first 2/3 days were pretty bad but now a lot better!!!

Jay ;)

Just got back from my first weigh in!!!

:D:D11.3lbs:D:D

Really pleased!!! Enough to make sure i'm strict and confident and focused

thanks all for your support over the last week

jay ;)

Fantastic - well done Jay. You must be delighted!!

Jon

11lbs down on your first week!!!!! What a good result. Just enough to keep you motivated now. Once you get another week under your belt, you won't feel in the least bit tempted to stop. If you find the shakes hard to take in one go, you can try splitting them. Some men actually take the ladies sachets and have four a day. This means they have more meals and feel less deprived. When you want you can take two together instead. Lots of luck for continued success this week.

Back again

the weekend was full of temptations but i managed to look the other way!!!

friday night was a party with buffet, drinks & disco...

it wasn't so bad as the buffet was Veg & Vegan....(still onion bhaji & cheeses galore!!!)

i smuggled by litre bottle of water in so didn't have to pay for water from the bar (Tight? me?)

overall i did have this sense/feeling of smugness being able to watch (and sniff of course)

saturday morning was a bit of a killer as the last time these friends stayed over we went for breakfast at one of the Heston Blumenthal sponsered Little Chef's, which was pretty amazing but not this time they went off on their own and left me and the OH to have shakes!!!

to be fair to them i only found out after they had left that they were going there....

also had a visit to the parents and they had their obligatory maccies...which of course i had a good 'ol smell of!!

i have sneaked onto the scales again this morning and it looks like im at my next goal already (18st something) so fingers crossed for the wednesday weigh in

one thing i will add is that the first chicken soup i tried where i was completely disgusted i now have had a second one and i used less water in the mix and didn't add anything to it and it was a lot better, still not chicken soup as i remember but still palatable...i think i put too much curry powder in the first time...

best of luck to the weigh inners today (Helen & Vicky)

Jay ;)

Brilliant loss at your first weigh in Jay. You sound completely in the right frame of mind to carry this on. Good work - keep it up. :D :D

thanks Jools!! very much appreciated!!!:D

had to go to pharmacy at :eek:'lunch time':eek: a.k.a. not thinking about lunch time....as i'd run out of shakes due to the starter pack including the mega mingin chicken....so asked if i could pick up next weeks supply early, to which they agreed...phew...

also they said that they would swap the chickens for some shakes!!!:cool::cool::cool:

no probs Jay :D You might like the chicken at a later date as your tastebuds will change. I used to have the chicken every night as my "dinner" but now I prefer the cold ones and have mostly chocolate and vanilla. I even went off the strawberry for a while as found that one to be too artificial.

Jay, you seem to be hitting your stride now. You are great to resist all temptation when you have had a lot of social activity around food. Good for you and hopw your 2nd WI is a good one.

Thanks Vicky,

two weeks have really gone so quick!!! and best of all over a stone in weight!!!

will report back the figure later on!!

jay ;)

Just got back from weigh in!!

7lbs in week two

18lbs in two weeks and i'm over the moon!!!

Jay ;)

Well done!!!!!!!:D:D

Have you tried the flapjacks yet? I got 8 peanut ones and they are so much better than i thought they would be. My OH said they smell really bad and he wouldnt try it but im lovin having something to chew.lol

Well done on a great result this week. 18lbs in two weeks is great motivation for you. How are you finding it at this stage? Have you got used to the shakes?

That's fantastic Jay. Makes it all worthwhile doesn't it. Have people started to notice yet? That gives you a real boost too.

Jon

Thanks guys, yeah i've had some good comments so far but again going from 20st to 18st 11 is great but i've always carried the weight pretty well, normally when i told people i was over 20st they wouldn't believe me (although if you look at the photos i've added you may disagree!!lol)

i think as far as motivation goes my head is in the right place and the actual amounts i lose are a little bit irrelevant because i'm in this for a target and now i've done it for two weeks theres no going back and i'm finding it bearable now but as many people have said previously it becomes your routine and part of your life (for the amount of time you need to stay on it)

i'm delighted with the results so far and am sure that they will continue cos i ain't stopping!!!

Vicky, i'm not going to try the flapjacks yet anyway i'm happy to just stay with the shakes...i'm not actually missing the chewing as again i'm using the chewing thing as bit of a mind set about eating at the moment (bit wierd i know, hey thats me...lol!)

mmmmm my choc shake is calling me!!!

Jay ;)

Back