Jay's Journey

Well done Jay - you little star :)

Jay, well done on a really fab loss this week. You really are losing the pounds at a great rate. Bet ya feel fab in the new slimmer duds! You are right to keep at it when it suits you so well. best of luck for the coming week.

That's another great loss Jay. How did it feel to eat - and how did it feel to go back on TFR? It's great getting into smaller clothes isn't it? Every morning when I'm putting my trousers on I look down at them and can't believer they're mine. I bought a new pair the other day that were 32" waist. 4 months ago I was wearing 44" waist trousers. Being smaller takes a bit of getting used to.

All the best

Jon

Jools, Molly & Jon

thanks for your continued encouragement!!!

As far as i felt when eating it was nothing really going back to TFR.

i was VERY aware not to go stupid and have shedloads of carbs so the choices i made when i did have two meals were as low carb as possible

i did have a small peice of Yule Log on boxing day but still came through the week with a 3lb loss, and then last week a 4.8lb loss so i was happy enough with that

i don't think that i was knocked out of Ketosis although i may have been down a few levels of it...

As far as the actual physical eating side of the meals went i was ok, i did feel a little odd and was a little apprehensive prior to sitting down for the meal as before the day i was so adamant in not eating anything but still overall it was good

like i said as it didn't effect me so much i was relieved BUT and a very big BUT it has in no way given me the excuse to come off LT at all as the results are amazing and i will be continuing till the end and by the way i'm loving it!!!!

Jon 44" to 32" is incredible, i also know what you mean as when i pick my 38"'s up and hold them in front of me i think 'theres no way i'm gonna get my ass in them!!'

Being 6' 2" and having a large frame the lowest waist i'll comfortably go to is 34" at best (again us blokes can't say we have child bearing hips!! ;) LOL)

i'll be happy with 36" and a L top as i can finally buy clothes in shops that cater for the normal sizes!

On another note, we bought a treadmill over the Christmas break and got it delivered on Tuesday. Last night i did the first level of the basic weightloss training and RAN for about 5-6 minutes of a total 20 minute workout!!!

Man running feels strange! as in the past, being like a weeble, i'd go to run and my flabby bits would have a kind of earthquake aftershock effect and made it impossible (made me feel like sea sick!!)

so here's to the beginning of my lighter man frame exercise regime!!

Jay ;)

p.s. I've also gone past the half way mark of my total goal too!!! YIPEEE

Hi Jay
I've started doing some basic work outs at home too, but using a vibration machine. It's surprisingly knackering and I hope it will tone up some flabby bits. I have never run before (to my shame) but I have signed up to the Sports Relief run on March 21st (Enter the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile today! | Sport Relief 2010) with some friends. It should be a laugh, will raise a bit of cash for a good cause and also gives me something tangible to work for fitness wise. Maybe a few other LTers could think about having a go too?

Anyway, all the best with LT and your fitness goals

Jon :)

wow well done thats a fantastic loss u are over half way now ! fair play to you,
dunlop well done on your losses too brillant

both of ye are such an insperation to us all

Thanks a lot Nicolas!!!

you've done it before so you can definately do it again!!!

we'll all be here to help you along the way to get there and stay there!!

the hard part of success is keeping a hold of it when you have it!!

having a goal and reaching it, no matter how hard it seems to start with, is easier than keeping yourself motivated to stay at that goal, we need a further challenge to continue...

with me i set myself stages of goals, not just in weightloss, in life as a whole

there are certain people i hear rabbiting on about how they can't do this and they can't do that, as far as i'm concerned there's no such thing as can't, it's HOW DO I DO IT and thinking that the seemingly impossible is possible if you have the right tools in place!!!

i don't care what background you come from anything is possible if you put your mind to it....it may be a struggle from time to time but success is only around the metaphorical corner....

rant over for now

jay ;)

Jay, I love your positive mental attitude, "how do I do it". You are so right. In so many aspects of life we will be excellent at finding all the reasons why something can't be done. We are so much better off looking for a way to accomplish things.
Well said and good for you.

Hi Guys

just been for my week 7 weigh in

5.3lbs so i'm now 43lbs in 7 weeks

3st and a pound in 49 days???? WOW WOW WEEEEEEEE

i think i'm going to be ending sooner than first anticipated

thanks all for the support as ever!!!

Jay ;)

amazing dont know what else to say with regards to the timelapse photos excuse me for being dense but how does that work
keep up the greatwork x Sharron

Jay, over three stone down in seven weeks!!! You are flying through. How is the treadmill and exercise regime going for you? It is obvious from your posts that you are fully committed to changing your lifestyle and just need LT for the kickstart. Good for you, you are a great example.

thanks guys for your wishes!!!

Sharron, all i do is take a picture from the front, side and back and then when i'm finished i'll bunch them all together with some sort of video editing software to make like a short movie clip from all the still photos

i have a camera set up on a tripod and the key is to stand in the same position for every shot and then you can line up the photos picking a constant point, say my eyes, and then link them all up

i'll then be left with a .avi or .mov file and then i can upload it to youtube!!!

i haven't taken them every single day as i first planned but still it should still give me the same effect as i was after

Once i come off LT TFR then i'll publish some of the still photos so everyone can see but I'm also going to carry it on after that to show (hopefully) firming and toning up after the weightloss

At the moment its not exactly a pretty picture but with some more determination and hard work afterwards it should be something worthwhile to show off!!! (not that i'm really a show off at all...)

after reading a few threads on here recently about all the negative people that surround us, it's now funny that the amount of comments i get saying that a) they didn't think it would work and how amazed they are and b) where do i get it from???

i still believe that a controlled diet and excercise regime is the best way to go about it but after my (our) results have shown LT is fantastic in the way that it gives you NO OPTIONS to over indulge and that why its worked for me!!!

Molly

as far as the exercise goes i've been doing 20 mins of mainly walking up a 4-5% incline with the odd stint of say 2-3 mins of running giving myself a 2/3 day break inbetween and thats been fine

when the weather finally get better and i'm off TFR then we'll start back on longer walks and dust off the bikes in the spring and go back to the 40/50 miles a week cycling and 15/20 miles walking, which sounds a lot but when you break it down isn't that much....we've got a few nice reservoirs by us where you have the choice between 7, 10, 17 & 24 miles to attack and we used cycle twice around the 7 or 10 after work and do the 17/24 once say every 3 months and we'd walk the 7 or 10 once of a weekend. There's also a country park less than a mile from the house which is 2 and a bit miles round so we'd do that if it was too windy or a bit rainy. Thanks to the treadmill though we can still get a workout in if the rubbish British weather is playing up!!

Today is my 50th day of TFR and i have only got 29 days left until i start to refeed so i'm already planning what i'm having for my first few meals leading up to my Birthday on the 26th Feb where i have a table booked at a nice restaurant in celebration!!!

all the best to all of you!!!

Jay ;)

Well its that time again and i'm pleased to report another 4lbs this week.

Two major goals have also been reached, namely, getting into the 16st's and my BMI is now in the OVERWEIGHT category!!!

It does feel good to not be obese any longer....

Planning to stop TFR on 12th February as its all going along like clockwork

Have put excercise on hold this week as felt that i was overdoing it a bit so once i'm re-feeding i'll get back to it then...

All the best to everyone!!

Jay (very happy bunny) ;)

Brilliant loss Jay! Everything seems to be going exactly according to plan! Great work. Isn't it a fantastic feeling to have everything fall into place, and as a bonus feel great about yourself in the process!

Congrats on being overweight! Feels good to be out of the fatty bum bum category eh.

Here's to another great loss next week!

Hi Jay

WAW!!! Just read a few weeks of your journey and I am speechless! Your losses are just absolutley incredible!

Well done.

You and Jon should write to LT and say you will advertise for them !!! :)

I hope you enjoy your birthday, you will deserve that celebratory meal and all the compliments you will get as well.

Thanks for giving us an insight into your life and what LT has done for you.

Take care and have another great week...you are now on countdown eh!!

Hi Jay
I lost 4 lbs this week too, and it looks like I'll be starting my re-feed on 8th Feb. Losing the obese label is a great boost - next stop is "healthy weight". Can't imagine how that will feel but really looking forward to it.

See you on the re-feed board in a few weeks.

Jon

Well done Jay!!!!!!!, ive completely messed up and im eating again. I was just sick of being so light headed and dizzy all day :( and having 2 little ones to entertain when i feel crap isnt fair on them. I also felt like i needed more support so my partner who also overweight is starting on monday with me. I'm pleased to say i havent put any weight on and ive lost a few pounds aswell.

x

Back