Jen and Rach's Birthday Weekend - Now with photos!

Jeez I completely forgot Id met Jen! Ooopps Mind you can you blame me, if shed spoken a bit more and made her presence felt Id have remembered.

FOUR of us whove met already :giggle:

I really hope she doesn't read this as she'll be terribly upset that you forgot her.

I won't tell if you don't.....

(and I expect a drink for that oversight young lady!) xx

Thanks Rosie. We wont tell her.

Hopefully she'll come out her shell a bit this next time

:rotflmao:

Thanks Rosie. We wont tell her.

Hopefully she'll come out her shell a bit this next time

we need to have a little conversation darlin....I have heard you need a wee reminder....
:D How could anyone forget me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

What's even scarier is that I thought you were all being serious and my heart was breaking for poor Jen then remembered that she's the 'funny one' and then put two and two together! Phew! I would have had a sleepless night worrying bout Jen and her lack of personality! I'm so relieved! :)

I am not the funny one Sherry, I am just picked on!! I hope you make the birthday meet so you can protect me from them! ;)

What's even scarier is that I thought you were all being serious and my heart was breaking for poor Jen then remembered that she's the 'funny one' and then put two and two together! Phew! I would have had a sleepless night worrying bout Jen and her lack of personality! I'm so relieved! :)

It was me that Sandy forgot - I mean, how could she....I am gutted. Not sure that my self-esteem will ever recover.

It's a terrible travesty Rosie x

Although I've just thought - Sandy could have been counting you, Rach and Jen and forgot to count herself.

Last edited:
Aw, you all sound like you're gonna have a great time. Next time I'll try 'n make it. Word of warning though, I fall over when tipsy!! I spend all night telling everyone to be careful and I end up falling over. It's my party piece!

So my Glaswegian friends, I wanna pick ur brains. As you know 4 or us are headed down on 21st June to see Take That and I've been online looking for accomodation. My chum reckons we should get a hotel close to Hampden(ish) so I've opted for the Premier Inn South. Is this a good idea? Walking distance from Hampden? Easy enough to find? Bars nearby? I'd hate to be blamed for a sh*t hotel, s*it location and sore feet! Ha! Saying that, past days 'n nights away have shown that we're all slightly innebriated so we don't care anyway - hic! ;) My sister fell down the escalators in Waverley Street Station in Edinburgh last June. Not far, just a couple of feet but she landed horizontally and was lying flat out, feet at top and head at bottom and she was staring up at me saying "WTF?? How did that happen?" - we did all pee then!

Hi Sherry

I'm going to take that too!! Sooooo excited!!! I'm from the southside of glasgow and im not sure where the premier inn south is? I'll check it out for you and let you know tho.

x

Sherry,

Managed to find Premier Inn, its in Gorbals so you are really close to town centre for bars etc (just a walk over the bridge!) You won't be that far from Hampden but reckon you'd prob want to get a taxi there from town centre or hotel, unless of course you really want to earn yourself extra points, (aye right!!!)

Hampden is really close to shawlands where there are lots of pubs (walking distance) and usually when there is something on in hampden there is usually a bit of a buzz there (its certainly where i'll be!!) Might be worth checking out?

Roll on June is what i say!!!!!
Joanne x

Just found this thread and I really wanna go! Haven't got too much money as just started my job but am looking for a cheap coach from London so hopefully will find something...not sure where in Glasgow they go to tho.

I am going Friday, Sat and Sun....slightly obsessed!! ha ha! Cant wait tho!! LOVE THEM!!! lol

I am going Friday, Sat and Sun....slightly obsessed!! ha ha! Cant wait tho!! LOVE THEM!!! lol

If we didn't live in Sheep Sha**ing land then we'd probably be going 3 nights too. Ha!

Tonight though is Pussycat Dolls in Aberdeen - WOOP WOOP! Havin a wine already.... Sunday Lunch nearly ready, GHD's warmin up...... BRING IT ON.

Shawlands....... where is it and directions to it from Hampden? Hotels in Shawlands recommendations plz? Lots going on there then that's where we'll be. Any advice would be greatly received.

Lucky I didn't get filled in the last time I was down cuz we ended up in a Rangers bar (not that I've anything against Rangers) near the Carling Academy and was quizzing everyone what the Union Jacks were all about! Oopsie! That was the Blondie Concert night..... that I never got too yet. :eek:

LOL! I know the bar you mean, the glasgwegian, not the best!! I had to pick my OH up one night in glasgow and randomly found him outside there hugging the locals, lets just say we had words, ha!!!

Anyhoo shawlands is about a 10 minute walk from hampden, you basically need to walk up the big hill at hampden and back down it, past the Victoria hospital (uphill again) then down hill and you are in shawlands ta da!!! soz really vague directions but ask again nearer time, really simple to find. Also know a great hotel, its called The Ivory, they also do fab meals too, infact so fab i considered myself a regular there at one point, hence the reason im now a WWer!! Im sure they have a website! If you were thinking about it you would be best checking it out soon will prob be busy. There is also the boswell hotel (langside) which is just up the road from the ivory, they also have a nice wee beer garden (essential!!)

Man im so excited about the concert!! Enjoy pussycat dolls tonight!!
x

Ha! Easy done. Too many Glasgow events in the one
thread = confusion!!!

Back