Jen's daily blog

First day of RTM today. Week one is not too tricky as you just add fruit to the 3 packs 1 meal that I have been doing for weeks. I am going to keep it simple and have some mixed berries on my porridge and then an apple or orange after my dinner as pudding. Towards the end of the week i am planning to add a snack which will be yoghurt as I have been craving it for some time!

MY LLC says i should be able to lose the final 1/2 stone during RTM as long as I up the exercise, but to be honest i am a comfortable size now and i think if I lost another 7lb I would be in between sizes which is really annoying! Not too bothered either way really, so I'll just see how it pans out. I've not been 11 stone since 1996! :D

Well done Jenny and good luck with your next stage!
I have to say I can't wait to start RTM but obviously I have a long way to go still!
Enjoy your fruit (oh how I miss it!)
:)

Thanks Mags, I'm very proud of my achievement although I'm having a thoroughly sh*t day today! I am being undermined by my manager as he is supposed to be seconded else where leaving me incharge. He keeps letting my staff take time off and I end up left doing all the work to try to keep the place ticking over! GGGrr! Still Saturday tomorrow so mustn't grumble!

How fantastic that you're on RTM, you have certainly inspired me.

Ignore your boss he sounds a complete fool! ha ha

Hi, just wanted to say I've really enjoyed reading your blog. It's very inspirational.

Thanks guys! I love reading all of people thoughts and ideas. We need to get more recipes on here though, I'm running out of ideas!

Oh dear, day three of RTM and I caved in! Went out for a roast and couldn't resist the Yorkshire pudding, at least it's not the three I used to have! Also had parsnips which I just realised aren't on the list either! Oh well, I don't feel bad as it was delicious......hitting the gym tomorrow so i can repent!!!

On a completely different subject, I made the "muffin" out of a chocolate shake and chopped it up and put it in a cherry yoghurt. I'm not saying it was entirely like a black forest gâteau, but it was quite tasty!

Day 5 of RTM so far so good (apart from the Yorkshire pud). Been to the gym and actually had more energy than I thought. I kind of wish I'd been going all along now :) back to the gym tomorrow and then weigh in Thursday. Looking forward to cutting down to two packs. Gonna stick to porridge for breakfast, and alternate bars and shakes. I have been having the chocolate shakes hot for the last couple of days.....yummy in the cold weather!

Just wanted to say well done on your success Jen :)
i have not been sticking with it but have been reading your blog all along - good on you !!!!:woohoo::woohoo:
Kirsty x

Week 1 of RTM completed. Weight stayed the same which is good. I have been munching on shreddies today, which is bad! Now to tackle potatoes!!! Bring on week 2

Well RTM went totally out of the window! Have eaten flapjacks and bread this weekend and loving it! Still it's all been in moderation!

Week 2 of RTM complete, weight has stayed the same again which is excellent. I've not really been eating acording to the plan, but I have been trying to count the calories so I shouldn't be going over 2000 a day. More food allowed from tomorrow and going back to the gym this weekend. I might even try this Zumba thing on Monday!!!

Body combat class last night.........lost the ability to move my arms this morning! I had forgotten how good a work out that was. Week 3 of RTM nearly over. I've pretty much given up on the eating plan as I seem to be controlling things with exercise which is the long term goal anyway! Not sure why I had loads of will power not to snack when I was on packs but none now I am on food!!

last day of week 3 RTM. Good news is weight remains unchanged for third week in a row. Bad news is that I wont get to group tonight due to snow......ridiculous. Technically I could walk there in an hour, but not up for it in this weather!

I have been looking through all your menus, and I was going to stop and give up with total but now think I will do lighter life lite for a couple of weeks!

Can I ask for your advice on something? A lot of your meals seem to be for your dinner, what would you suggest for a packed lunch?!

Thank! :)

I've not really done lunches as I like to eat with my husband in the evenings. I've done a couple of fry ups for breakfast.....for lunches I have had soup a couple of time which I made at home and took to work on a thermos flask, I guess meat salads otherwise!

LLL is officially over! Let the healthy eating begin! Not completely at target but happy :)

Hi just a quick message to say thank you for doing this diary. I'm on LLT at the moment but really looking forward to moving on to LLL and knowing that you can still have great results is really inspiring and you've done so well. This has really helped me and now I feel like I can carry on and look forward to the next step. Well done. I hope you keep up the good work and continue to maintain. X

Back