Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

hi jess, come on , we copy each other and i'm really on a roll, tou cant abandon me

It's ok, I'm back on track! :D Can't have you going off and losing weight without me.

Thats not too bad at all Jess soon deal with that.

As you say if you cn point for a week you'llslip back into it

Good luck

M

I hope so :) Thanks M x

So Jess are you Team Edward or Team Jacob???

Edward! If only men like that existed. I got really pissed off with Bella when she said she loved Jake too. I was like "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU WOMAN?!" I got a bit too into the books, hehe.

Aaaaah, - just realised the connection is probably those books that you have both being going on about? Twilight? xx

Yes :)

Hi Jess, hope you feel better soon. 2.5 not bad if you've been struggling. You are allowed to post regardless of whether you're doing well or not, you know x

It really isn't, I've been putting food into my mouth like the world is ending for the past 2 weeks, I can't believe how little I've put on! I won't go AWOL again :p

Don't worry, I can put on 3lbs in a day!!
Have a good week..
Karen x

Hehe, I weigh 3lb more at night too, it's ok.

I'm so glad you are Team Edward!! So am I!!! I couldn't understand why Stephanie Meyer decided to hook Bella up with Jacob, even if she was just trying to forget Edward - Its Bella and Edward forever!!

Oh I would in a heartbeat come out of retirement for a man like Edward vampire or not!!

Me and my friend are completely obsessed with Twilight and we don't mind admitting it, glad Ive found someone else who is!!

I do hope that Meyer decides to release Midnight Sun afterall!!

I'm so glad you are Team Edward!! So am I!!! I couldn't understand why Stephanie Meyer decided to hook Bella up with Jacob, even if she was just trying to forget Edward - Its Bella and Edward forever!!

Oh I would in a heartbeat come out of retirement for a man like Edward vampire or not!!

Me and my friend are completely obsessed with Twilight and we don't mind admitting it, glad Ive found someone else who is!!

I do hope that Meyer decides to release Midnight Sun afterall!!

Me too! She says she will when no one mentions the book for 2 years. She needs to feel "alone with it". The lure of money will be too powerful, I'm sure she'll do it ;)

What did you think of the actors in the film? Do you think they were good choices?

I think Robert Pattinson was the perfect choice, no one else could ever be Edward, he really nailed it for me, how I read him and visualised him in my head was how Pattinson portrayed him and Alice too, I like Kristen Stewart as Bella but theres something niggling me about her, I think Bella comes across a little more vocal and strong in the books but Kristen played her a little too quiet for my liking, too vulnerable maybe I don't know I can't quite seem to put it in words.

Whilst I really liked the film, I don't understand why they changed certain things like the house? And why they missed some things that I felt were important to the book - Bellas relationship with Alice, James being involved in how Alice was changed and totally missing Carlisles history? But I guess 90 mins isn't long to capture such a complex story line.

Oooo get me, I could talk about this forever!!

I think Robert Pattinson was the perfect choice, no one else could ever be Edward, he really nailed it for me, how I read him and visualised him in my head was how Pattinson portrayed him and Alice too, I like Kristen Stewart as Bella but theres something niggling me about her, I think Bella comes across a little more vocal and strong in the books but Kristen played her a little too quiet for my liking, too vulnerable maybe I don't know I can't quite seem to put it in words.

Whilst I really liked the film, I don't understand why they changed certain things like the house? And why they missed some things that I felt were important to the book - Bellas relationship with Alice, James being involved in how Alice was changed and totally missing Carlisles history? But I guess 90 mins isn't long to capture such a complex story line.

Oooo get me, I could talk about this forever!!

I agree about Bella, in the books she was firey but in the film she was a little dull. I can't picture her in the later films.

I think they just couldn't fit it all into the film. They will probably have a bigger budget for the next film as it's been so popular. Also a lot of it I guess needs explaining, you can't portray it in conversation. Plus, a lot of that Alice and Bella relationship came from A Midnight Sun.

Today done :) Saved 2 points for tomorrow as well. I bought a pasta for lunch. 12.5 points :O Didn't realise how bad it was as I wasn't planing on pointing when I bought it. Should be able to fit it in now though.

Got a Tae Bo DVD, looks like crazy hard work. Going to do this week as not eating my APs and next week eating them to see the difference. Ooo eeer, get me earning APs! Ok I haven't yet, but definately will try that DVD :)

New Moon should be out in our cinemas December this year, it will be interesting to see how much they change it for the big screen, I hope they have Bella coming out of her "film" shell a bit and keep to the true Bella from the books. And I hope you get to see how they became Vampires, its quite important really!

I love the way Meyer doesn't portray the Cullens as pure monsters, in the stereotypical vampire way, the have history and character I think thats what makes it so appealing to me, reminded a little of Dracula the book, in that theres reasons behind the behaviours.

I'm ordering those books but whats the film, I need to be fully in the loop ready for when they come.

M

They are just film adaptations of the books. The first book in the series (Twilight) has been turned into a film already and was released in November. The other 3 haven't been made yet.

The books are soooo much better, aren't they always though?

I just realised I didn't save 2 points last night! I drank a pear bulmers and I didn't even consider the points! It didn't cross my mind at all. I looked at the bottle on the desk now and thought "Oh Sh*t!". Oh well, I don't have a dinner to replace this one. I'm already going to try to save points this week as I'm going to Adam's mum's for dinner Sunday so I can't cut them back during the week. Usually I wouldn't bother saving points, I'd just call it a "one off" (I had regular one offs :p). Going to do it properly this time. I had a very bad tum last night if you know what I mean, must have eaten something dodgey yesterday, my body expelled every drop. Was horrible! I'm thinking that will make up for the cider :p

I know I'm having ribs at Adam's mum's.. I don't really know how to point them. There's hardly any meat on them, but they are so heavy with the bone they work out quite high? I don't know :S She'll probably do wedges in her actifry, yum yum. I guess I'll save as many points as I can, get some exercise done and eat low point stuff during the day and not worry about it. I find it really hard to get the meat off the ribs and don't eat much anyway, hehe.

Oooh I LOVE ribs, lol.
Sorry, that's not much help. :p

I thought you were giving up alcohol? :p

xx

eurgh ribs.. Matty loves em and i cant stand em.. infact as i'm typing i'm periodically stopping to wiggle my fingers as its imprinted in my mind how messy they are and it really bothers me to the point that i cant eat them! :p

sorry to hear you've had a bad few days though - we all do but important thing is you're back on the wagon trying again - well done on chucking out those jeans - best thing to do to spur yourself on :) x

So far today I've had a pot noodle (8). I woke up at 1! I'm getting terrible for that.

For dinner I think I'm just going to have a fish finger sandwich (5) as I'm home alone (Adam is off having tapas for a leaving do) leaving me with 8 - 2 for Sunday = 6 :) I may end up saving more! Also going to do my tae bo DVD today to earn some APs (which I'm going to eat Sunday, I'll try not eating them another week ;))

I'm half a bar away from 80 on World of Warcraft now, which I know no one will understand but it's very exciting stuff for me! :p

Plus! My maze is finished for my investigative project. Whoop!

Edit: It's my 6th anniversary next Wednesday :) I'm going to do a 3 course meal and have an indoor picnic with candles etc. Going to have to work out what I'm doing and point it up to work out how many points I need to save next week. Don't know about the starter yet, main course will be duck breast on mash on creamy leeks with a red wine sauce (Adam likes things to look like they came off Masterchef.. the final, not the crap people in the beginning). Dessert will be chocolate mousse, need to find a recipe, with shortbread and raspberries. I was going to make my own shortbread but we'll see! Yum yum yum.

Last edited:
Oh no, I'd forgotten you played WoW, lol.
Jon is a recovering addict ;)

The meal sounds lovely - Adam had better appreciate it LOL :D

xx

Back