jet's take on a diary !!!

look forward to reading it Jet. :)

I'm still just making scotch pancakes with my oatbran. Not very adventurous but might try muffins at the weekend. Is the recipe in the book or in the recipe thread?

hi fay , i will try and get in on next week !!

ive rijiged the muffin recipe !! makes 12 muffins (6 per day )

3 tablespoons wheatbran
4 " oatbran
4 " fromage frais
2 " sweetener
1 " vanilla flaouring
4 egg whites but use only 2 egg yolks
1 vanilla muller light yogurt

mix all ingredients together and mix egg whites until stiff then mix in with other ingredients !!
spoon into silicone muffin trays ,bake for 20 mins !!

HTH !!

Last edited:
(just for new people): only 1 tablespoon wheatbran per day is allowed, so 2 for this recipe. Jet did a test with 3 to have a more "bready" texture but 3 could irritate intestins...

I add a bit more wheatbran too (heaped tbs). It doesn't seem to harm and the cake/muffins are lovely!

I also put some ginger in and make them with a lemon flavoured yogurt instead of the vanilla. I think the variations are endless, flavour-wise. Good to experiment for the sweet stuff too!

thanks jo !!! i wasnt thinking about the newbie's naughty me !!!

morning ladies ,ive been up since 8.15 and thats even with my 4 am power wee has my OH informs me lol ..

i also put in mixed spice and lemon flavoring ,asda didnt have any vanilla flavouring !!

hope we are all ok !!

hey girls just of out to take my mum to primark will catch you all in a while !!!

im ok my love.
ooh i love primark :D enjoy x

I've never been to Primark...

Jo Its fab!!!! cheap too. I got 3 pairs trousers, about 6 tops, a cardigan, handbag, some make up and some jewellery for about 35 quid ;)

im bak for about 35 mins got a appointment with my counseller ,

i got a new navy blue dress ,a pair of lounging bottoms and jord got 4 hoodies ,he is growing to much !!!

jo u ave to go its amazing and so so cheap !!

hey girls im bak again !!!

counselling went well and i bought a new handbag while i was there and had a good chat with everybody !!!

Sounds like your day went well :)

Like the idea of making 2 days worth of muffins but think that might be just too much of a test for my will power yet!

morning ladies ,yeh i had a good day thanks rona !!

im really happy with STS and with getting up a bit earlier in the mornings it was 8 oclock to day and i always had my wash/shower and put my face on and did my hair which is getting me back into routine for going back to work !! then downstairs ,kettle on a brew sorted ,as i mentioned my new dress ,if we are out this weekend i never know until OH says we r going out i will wear this item and take a pic too yehhhhhhhh !!!

hope we are all ok !!!

im just doing some ironing ,then im off to meet one of the mum's who's son was in the christie same time has my dan i cant wait !!!

Good to see you so active and positive... you seem pleased with a STS... but I can't honestly recall whether you had a difficult week?

As for doing muffins for a couple of days, I always do a quadruple batch (so two of us have two days' worth... or just me has four days' worth... they freeze brilliantly which could help for those without much time... and would stop nibbling too if in freezer... even *I* consider things not to be eaten if they're frozen!!!)

I freeze them too, my main problem is remembering to take them out the night before as they dont tend to have defrosted by the time I get to work if I leave it til the morning.

Have a nice time out jet.

how could you forget food Jac?!! not something that ever happens to me!!!

hi ladies i dont usually come on at weekend because i stopped at my OH's house ,he is watching crap on the tv again so has we are staying in i thought i will check out my online buds !!

my meet up went really well her son is doing well but still having to have 3 monthly check ups and sometimes struggles with his amputaion !!

and guess wot we was chatting that much we hadnt realised the time and we where has to leave the cafe because they wanted to close (never in my life has that happened lol)

hope we are all ok !!

Last edited:
Back