Jim's lazy Atkins diary

Morning all, Hi Sandra, long time no see as they say.

Not a good weekend here, jack has been eating very little, I think he's nearing the end, practically comatose most of the day on saturday, and the carer's phones us yesterday saying he was refusing food. He is drinking though so that'll just delay it I suppose.

Well so much for that, another Jack problem day yesterday, again the carer's phoned for an ambulance and he ended up in hospital. We finally have a letter from the Registrar Surgeon in the Hospital saying there is nothing they can do for Jack so the carer's don't need to dial 999 for an ambulance just because he's got severe diarrhea and vomiting. He's heavily sedated now at home and they say weeks or a couple of months at most.

That's difficult Jim, especially for Colleen. Regrding the garden and the weather ........ the rain helps the garden grow Jim! It looks lovely and I bet it takes some work to keep it looking like that x

Morning all, Yes given what we've had to do for him over the last few years it'll be a relief to everyone when he goes. The carer's phoned again yesterday afternoon to say he'd been sick again. I told them they didn't need to inform us in future. is that hard of me?

Something is eating my Swiss Chard, I've had a good look around and at the leaves but I can't see what it migh be yet. Ther's huge chunks out of the leaves.

probably a little snail that comes out and then hides under something when its had it's fill Jim. I don't think you are being hard - as long as he is being taken care of. There is only so much you can do - I found working and sorting out Mum's life very hard - in the end I had "care fatigue" and found it hard to do anything x

Morning all, I had a good weekend, as we had both Rugby and cricket and I was excused Jack duties as the BIL came up for the weekend. It must be a damned fat snail Gem, the swiss card is a write off for this year, totally shredded.

I have aphids on my strawberries so I zapped them with diluted washing up liquid this morning - hope that does the job! Glad you had a good weekend x

Morning all, ah the tribulations of having elderly relatives, now it's my Mum. I'm having her mobility scooter taken away today. I got round her's yesterday to find it on it's side on the drive and Mum was quite badly bruised. She's not used it for nearly 18 months so god knows why she decided to try and ride it again. *sigh*

Oh dear Jim! My MIL has a scooter she doesn't use that often - they are brilliant but I do have some concerns when I see some people out and about. There is an old guy that goes to the local shopping centre on one of the big ones and he zooms around on the walkway where bikes are banned for safety. This is a heavy motorised vehicle powered by an old guy with a determined look on his face - I worry that a child or an infirm elderly person may get badly injured one day - I have had to move out of his way on several occasions x

Morning all, my days these days seem to be dominated with elderly relatives, it's all a bit weird, I get both ends of the stick. Taking Olivia to kiddy school then over to my Mum's to check she has eaten/prepare her something to eat. etc......

You'll burn yourself out Jim :sigh: Is there a care plan in place for your mum - mine had care workers coming in to help her shower/prepare a sandwich for lunch - then in the evening to pop a meal in the micro and make her a cup of tea. It was a guarantee that someone was in and out twice a day.

MIL has the same thing but whereas Mum's problem was mainly altzhimers, MIL's is mobility following a stroke. Both had a lovely lady paid to come in once a week for an hour to flit around with the hoover and do a clean on the kitchen and bathroom - she still visits MIL every Monday and as well as cleaning, she chats..... and chats...... and chats - which is great for people who live alone x

Morning Jim

Sorry to hear it has all been going on with your mum and FiL, but you do need to make time for yourself.

Although being with Olivia must be so lovely, in comparison.

Big hugs hun xxx

To change the subject Jim - I don't think you've had time to visit my diary so you won't know that I've had my conservatory insulation done - it is FANTASTIC. Every claim they have made for heat reduction is fulfilled. We now get diffused light through the roof and even yesterday it was fine in there instead of being a no-go area. I have put piccies on my diary of the roof partway done. They reckon it will improve energy efficiency by about 15% in the winter too - Result! If you want the details of the company I will let you have them - they are in your neck of the woods so should be easy x

Morning all, whew! what a weekend, I can't believe how hot it's been and they are promising a month of this. I feel sorry for those of you who have to go and work in offices.

I have looked at providing some care Gem, the trouble is my Mum won't let anyone in the house, which is good in a way I suppose, seeing as she was being scammed some years ago. She's fine with immediate family and we all have keys anyway. I will find a way round this.

I'll make time to get over to your thread gem :) sounds fantastic.

Brilliant day yesterday we had a BBQ round the kids, nice to see the next generation has taken over that duty. I can just sit, drink and eat :) watching the kids in the pool.

Iknowyourinthere.jpgPool.jpg

It was SO hot yesterday - hard to keep cool x

Morning all, lovely day yesterday, we packed a picnic, some stale bread for the ducks, O's swimsuit and headed for Sutton Park. Great day, there is a kids paddling pool by Town Gate which Olivia normally Pooh Pooh's as it's for "babies" and she's a big girl and can swim, but she was happy enough to play in it with Grandad yesterday. Not so good today though, it's just as lovely out there but I need to go and sort my Mum's accounts out for the month. :(

I'm glad you've been enjoying the paddling pool Jim x

Are granddads allowed to dabble their feet in the pool too? I see you in a striped deck and a handkerchief knotted at each corner :D

Back