Jim's lazy Atkins diary

When I sorted out Mum's stuff it was quite interesting. Yes, some of it was just rubbish and hadn't been looked at in years but other stuff was interesting - sometimes funny and sometimes emotional - brought memories flooding back. Be prepared for a few tears here and there. These things have to be done - still have a few boxes I have to sort through but I know there will be lots to get rid of and I have to be ready to do that - the last frontier I guess x

Morning all, have a nice holiday Susie.

We took Benjamin to hospital yesterday, he was tongue tied, so they just did the little op to release it, he barely woke up for it. LOL

Here he is after the op

Jimben.jpg

Bless! He's a dear little fellow isn't he x

Are you saying more Grumpy than Grampy DK? x

Morning all,

More grumpy is right these days. LOL

Morning all,

I'm just getting a bit fed up Gem, we seem to be endlessly at Jack's sorting out his house and when I'm not there I'm at my Mum's. Good news is I'm in contact with Social Services about putting a care package in place for her.

I know exactly where you are coming from Jim - so glad SS are putting in a care package, theres only so much you can do and it gives a safeguard if ever you are unable to get there x

Morning all,

NTR here, the meeting with the Social worker was quite inconclusive really, she just asked lots of questions about Mum and what we (I) are doing to help her. I suppose until they go round and actually meet her they can't formulate a care plan.

Olivia is happy this morning, she said Benjamin smiled at her this morning. I think at 4 weeks old that's unlikely, probably wind but still :)

Don't be too forthcoming about what you are doing - they will let you do as much as they can. I even had the nurse asking me to cut my mums nails - she had to keep them short because she was scratching. I had limited visiting time as I was working - the home, work, Mum triangle was a long way apart and didn't really want to spend the precious time I had doing battle with her with nail cutting. If I hadn't been firm I could have been run ragged and that wouldn't have done anyone any good x

Morning all,

Oh I know Gem, we went through this with the In laws, first Lily and then Jack, it seems we are fated to spend our later years looking after the old ones

Its a time when you have to get some time for yourself too. We are all too aware that time no longer stretches in front of us without measure and we have to do the things we want to do while we still can. It can easily become a long round of caring until one day you turn around and realise that time has still been marching on with hobnail boots x

Morning all,

eloquently put Gem, that hit's the nail on the head.

Sad when people feel like that. We always hope for a happy healthy old age but the guarantee isn't worth the paper its written on. Lets hope we all have many happy years and fade away with dignity x

She's already 81 Gem and fit as a fiddle so doing pretty well so far! She just doesn't want to end up losing her mental or physical health and relying on carers and would rather make a sharp exit, glad for the healthy years she has had.

Hi Jim x

Its wonderful that she's enjoying her later years DK - my mum had altzhimers and that is so cruel x

Back