Jim's lazy Atkins diary

Morning all, well I can now say it really is working, I haven't been for a few days and reading the log and just looking at Mum she is so happy with her "friends" who come round, such nice ladies she says. The nest step is in a couple of days when the council carer's stop and the care service moves to a private agency, it seems a shame that has to happen but the council carer's are as much care assessors as they are carer's I've heard bad stories about the private agencies, but the Social Worker assures me she'll be keeping a close eye on Mum and what's happening.

Hi Jim, glad to hear it's working well so far and you are therefore getting more quality time:). Fingers crossed for the transfer xxxx

Ha Jim well done and enjoy your guinnes s

Morning all, well I spoke too soon, For some reason or other no one visited Mum at all yesterday and I'm having a hard time getting the care manager to tell me why.

Oh dear Jim. Not so good. You should be able to rely on them

Kick Ass Jim - there are problems with some of these care agencies but you still need to be able to rely on them. If she has been assessed as needing care they should be delivering. Hope you get it sorted soon x

Hiya Jim, try not to worry about your mum, but obviously our mums are one of the most important people in our lives so you defo need to keep on top of the situation. Xx

Last edited:
Morning all,

Well I sort of got an answer and apology in the end, it seems someone called in sick and it wasn't acted on, it makes me mad because now I feel I have to go every day and check some one has been

Yes and you shoudnt have to. Are you having to check every morning?

Morning Jim, sorry to hear that you cant be confident of the care yet - hope that can be sorted xxx

Is there a number you can ring to make sure? They should be able to provide that x

Morning all, it's been a busy time here, all sorts of appointments and meetings about Mum. The assessment period is over and we're trying to work out a package to ensure Mum gets the help she needs. I've also got appointments at the mental health unit here to see if they can give her any help on her dementia, or at least slow the onset down.

On a brighter note, here's Olivia and Baby Grunt (Benjamin)

or maybe not, the insert file feature doesn't seem to be working, I'll have to try later.

It'll be good to get things sorted Jim - hopefully the early blips will give way to smoothe running. Look forward to the piccies x

Oh Jim what a lovely picture - and gosh Olivia looks like she is going to be tall, her legs have got very long since the last pics I saw! :)

That's a lovely picture Jim - proud Gramps x

Fab photo Jim:D
Xx

Back