Jim's lazy Atkins diary

Morning all,

I hate workmen, what is it about builders that they think they can just not turn up to do a job !

How annoying Jim x

Morning all,

I think i need to find some poles Susie, it looks like you just can't trust local english workers any more.

Sad but true, Jim, at least in my experience - although I am very lucky to have my friend's dad also do all the handyman stuff for me, he has been brilliant.

Hope you find someone reliable soon xxx

Hi Jim, hope all well:) xxx

Morning all,

I've been so ill and sick, 2 days of vomiting and diarrhea, I think I've had this winter vomiting novo virus. I still feel a bit weak and battered. I hope none of you get this, it's really crap. Literally.

I hope you are feeling much better - things like that knock you back for a while x

The curry would do it DK - but if it was the curry you would probably feel the burn (if you know what I mean) ;) x

Morning all,

I'm fine now thanks, it swept through the whole family, only Benjamin avoided it, every one else fell like matchsticks one after the other, that's some virus isn't it. I hope yyou are all fine and no one succumbed to it.

Good the baby avoided it. I used to get it every year and always blamed tap water, haven't had it since switching to bottled over 15 years ago. But then again they say bottled water isn't the best either. Glad your all better. :)

Oh glad you are all better Jim x

All ok here Jim - glad to hear you are all better now x

Morning all,

Well just as my Mum has got used to the carer's and is happy to see them, I've now been told her care package has been passed to another agency. I have a meeting with them tomorrow. The council only provides care for 6 weeks as an assessment period and then it gets passed to a private care agency. I'm annoyed because the carer's had just got used to Mum and her needs and everything was running smoothly and now we have to change.

Well that's not too surprising but no less annoying. MIL has had several care agencies, some good some not so good. The one she has at the moment seems to be in crisis all the time so expecting another change sometime soon. Sometimes the carers move with the agencies and sometimes she has to get used to a whole new bunch of carers - not ideal when personal care is involved. I hope the transition runs as smoothly as possible x

Back