Jim's lazy Atkins diary

Hi Jim, what a pain that you are having to chase but pleased it is making change happen! Xxx

Morning all,

well things are going a bit better after a week of constant visits and reminder notes for carer's, she's still not being showered as often as I'd like, but I do know how hard it is to make her go and shower. Maybe I can relax a bit now and get my life back.

That sounds like a good plan Jim - glad you've got them sorted x

Morning all,

One of the problems is how many different carer's there are, when she had the council carer's it was the same two women all the time except for weekends, with the care company it seems to be different people all the time, including males at lunchtime. At least they are not sending men to try and shower her in the morning or get her ready for bed in the evening.

I stipulated female carers only for my mum and they honoured that. My mum would've been wary of a male carer and it would have upset her. If its having a negative effect on your mum voice your concerns x

Morning all,

Hi Gem, I did love, they weren't happy about it but the social worker stuck her oar in and they agreed. They have also agreed to try and limit the number of different carer's so maybe that'll help as well. Big news here, they have agreed to let Colleen retire early as part of a tranche of redundancies, we're over the moon, especially as it's a good package. Her Gratuity will be the same as if she finished in 5 years, her pension is only minimally reduced and she gets a big redundancy pay out. Now that's a result! She finished at the end of may.

That's excellent news Jim - congratulations Colleen - now you can have more quality time together. Mr Stone was 65 in March and could have retired but he said he would stay on a year or so. There is voluntary severence in the ether and he is hoping it might come his way - its a waiting game and might never happen.

Glad you got through and have social worker on side - it is important that elderly people are happy with people who come into their home and if it has to be all female so be it x

Morning all, Thanks Gem, yes we're looking forward to it love.

Oh well done Jim - on the social worker front - and on Colleen's retirement - gosh it will really make such a difference, and great that she keeps most of her benefits!

Morning all, I hadn't realised it was so long since I last posted, we had a lovely Easter, we went and stayed with my brother in Burnham on Sea for the week, that was nice and relaxing and nice to be able to do it without worrying about my Mum.

How is everybody?

Glad you had a good break Jim. We are in cornwall at the moment x

Hi Jim,
Great to hear you had a nice break:) we were away for 2 weeks touring the country and had a lovely time too

Think the army navy is coming up next weekend? Unfortunately we are away for the weekend so I'll miss you this year - let's book for next :D
Xx

Morning all,

Oh lucky you Gem, I hope the weather is nice for you. Yes katie, we'll be down for the game as usual love, shame your'e no there but see you next year :)

here's beauty and the beast

oliben3_zps3c31b681.jpg

Weather mixed Jim but the good bits were very good. Battling the end of a cold this week so not as much energy as I'd like but had a good week anyway x

Have a fab day today and dont drink too much :D sorry to miss you this year but having a lovely time up in Oxford xxx

Back