Joes sausages

Does anyone know what are the lowest syn sausages apart from joes? Ta ..... Love sausages!!!

Linda McCartney's, Red Onion & Rosemary Sausages are syn free. They don't taste like sausages (they are vegetarian) but are nice. They are frozen sausages & can usually be found in the vegetarian section of a freezer aisle. I get mine from Asda.

which M&S sausages are 1/2 syn each please. don't want to get the wrong ones.

Well, my order came this morning, and I'm seriously impressed!! Great and secure packaging (a polystyrene box with ice packs in it) and the sausages both look and smell delicious! Not long had a pork and apple burger with curry savoury rice and salad for lunch. Mega scrumptious!!! :)

Would you say the joe's sausages are worth the price difference over say the sainsburys bgty 1/2 syn sausages? I'm quite tempted but would like to know people's opinions on whether it's worth the extra money :) has anyone tried both? thanks

estelle1972 said:
You're welcome Paul! About that syn free onion gravy, by the way.....found the recipe!!! :D

Syn Free Onion Gravy | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

It didn't do it for I'm afraid :( I have some frozen I'll use when I make toad in the hole tomorrow.

I love joes, ESP chilli and garlic ones and their marinated meats too. Yes they are a bit more expensive but at least they are not full of crap... You ever looked on the ingedents of some of the supermarket low syn ones? I don't think low syn always means its any good... You only get what you pay for IMO

Keldelacoe said:
It didn't do it for I'm afraid :( I have some frozen I'll use when I make toad in the hole tomorrow.

I love joes, ESP chilli and garlic ones and their marinated meats too. Yes they are a bit more expensive but at least they are not full of crap... You ever looked on the ingedents of some of the supermarket low syn ones? I don't think low syn always means its any good... You only get what you pay for IMO

Thanks keldelacoe :) ps. Your avatar always makes me smile :D

DustQueen said:
Thanks keldelacoe :) ps. Your avatar always makes me smile :D

Ha me too ;)

Jo* said:
I would love these but cannot afford that much, I need some peeps in Peterborough to go in with me? I still keep dreaming of these. Where is the shop, I may have to have a holiday nearby so I can stock up!!

His original shop is in Kirkby but he has loads of places stocking them in and around Liverpool :)

dietqueen82 said:
His original shop is in Kirkby but he has loads of places stocking them in and around Liverpool :)

Details are on the website :)

just seen this thread. ive been tempted for a while to buy some, one of the girls at group stuck the packaging sticker on my sw book case thing so remembered where to get them so its always staring me in the face lol. are they ok to freeze? because im going camping for a weekend in july and i reckon joes stuff could be ideal for a BBQ. has anyone BBQ'd any of the products at all? and if so, do they come out alright?

xx

graciebaby87 said:
just seen this thread. ive been tempted for a while to buy some, one of the girls at group stuck the packaging sticker on my sw book case thing so remembered where to get them so its always staring me in the face lol. are they ok to freeze? because im going camping for a weekend in july and i reckon joes stuff could be ideal for a BBQ. has anyone BBQ'd any of the products at all? and if so, do they come out alright?

xx

Hi.
Yes, they freeze and yes, they BBQ absolutely fine. The burgers are great bbq'd.
Hope that helps.

graciebaby87 said:

xx

Perfect for bbqs

So can i eat these on green days and count them as no syns?? im confused x

So can i eat these on green days and count them as no syns?? im confused x
lol no they are MEAT ...lbeit v low fat content! free on etra easy and original plan :) x

kelz89 said:
thought that was too good to be true! lol! x

Lol they are great on extra easy and red days so not restrictive and taste great :) x

Anyone on here who lives in Northwich that would like to go halfs on an order from Joes?? Roughly around £15 each for 4 items.. I dont want to spend £30 bit too expensive

ive had some before which were really nice. but they are expensive for only a pack of 6 sausages... i thought you'd get more for your money. Now though il stick to my tesco sausages, 2 packs (16 sausages) for £5.

Try a local butchers. Tell them what you want. Ie. a sausage with only trimmed pork, no visible fat and reduced rusk. You might be able to get them to knock em out for £6 - £7 a kg. once word gets round that he is selling low fat sausages he'll be having lots of SW followers popping by.

I got my local butchers to do this. A few months later, the woman cutting my hair was telling me about these fabulous low fat sausages the the butcher now sells...

Back