Joes sausages

i can get them from local market and so far ive tried peppered chicken, pork and chilli burgers, garlic and herb sausages and pork sausages and they were all yummy, i would defo recommend them, even OH who is not SW loves them all x

I am eating my way through my first order - and have loved everything so far! Have had the pork & apple burgers, pork & tomato sausages & teh Traditional pork sausages.

Yep they are all the sausages and burgers are syn free, as are the marinaded meats. And no it's not too good to be true, their bacon is really nice too, but last visit to the website it was temporarily unavailable.

Yes they are expensive, but it's good quality food and really lovely. I don't mind paying the extra, but i know for some the cost is an issue. The marinaded meats actually is quite good value, as you get about 6 pieces of meat in them, so if you're only cooking for yourself, it would last 2-3 meals. (Or in my case ONE :p)

Well my order has literally just arrived, and the whole lot is defrosted. I'm very disappointed, a bit cross etc.

I've emailed Joe's as I can't see a phone no. on there.

I think it's best I cook the lot (16 packs of sausages/meat/grills) & re-freeze it.

:sigh:

They don't come frozen just chilled. Don't panic! I thought the same with my first delivery and was really angry at the delivery company so on my next order stated I needed them delivered first thing so I got them frozen. Was a bit embarrassed when I had an email saying they send them chilled. :giggle:

Last edited:
Hi All,

After hearing everyone rave about Joe's Sausages and the fact he is SW approved and they are syn free I thought I would share with my group. Our group C was discussing Morrisons Sausages being 1/2 syn each. I then asked if anyone had heard of Joe's. The C said that SW are do not promote external companies and we will not discuss Joe's Sausages in this class. That told me!! I replied with but they are SW approved/certified, what's the point of people paying to get accredited if this is your attitude towards them? syn free so whats your issue? She would not explain.....???? I thought SW was about sharing info etc. I basically replied with you have contradicted yourself because tonight alone you have promoted Asda, Morrisons, Tesco etc with all the packets of food she had out. Are any of these SW certified products!! NO!! I really don't know what I did wrong. Joe's have gone to the effort of getting SW approval, syn free for all us SW people and my consultant nearly bit my head off! She said I am not welcome to promote or discuss this! Anyone comes across this before. I was furious, got my point across and several friends asked me for the web address. I told her when i find something out like this I will not share with my group because clearly my info is not welcome! She also warned me off forums, people will intentionally sabotage you!! I have membership and food directories and would never take any info as gospel without checkin gin any case. Were all here for the same reason.

I think my C maybe clashes with me. I thought she would be proud of me as a member. 9 weeks in, never not lost, never maintained, bought loads of books etc. Think i might change class to somewhere where my opinions and info might be appreciated. Just curious if anyone else has ever come across this?

I think you shoudl phone Head office and ask them about promoting other businesses and then make a formal complaint - not that I think you will get very far. I have had VERY bad consultant in the past and he has gone onto team leadership. If I were you I'd look at changing group. I changed group - out of town - and then HE took it over. So now I have changed to another group. C is going on holiday and guess who will be running the group while she is away... yes that's right so seems I just can't get away from him grrrrr... Anyway, yes I'd phone head office and ask and then complain. My new consultant had the SW Pims drink in the other night which is off this forum so they are not all anti forumists! x

Lol Laura, well I'm a bit like like you - I had an email from Joe's stating they're supposed to be chilled ...... but that was after I'd cooked the lot! Still, I've frozen them in portions big enough for my son & I (the two SW-ers in the family) so I have a load of readily portioned, cooked sausages, grills & marinated meats that just need a quick zap in the microwave. We sampled one sausage & I thought it was quite nice, but my son said he thought it was really tasty, far nicer than any low syn sausages we'd had previously. No more hunting round for low syn meals that need starting from scratch! So just to let everyone else who was a bit in the dark re. this: JOE'S SAUSAGES ARE DELIVERED FRESH, NOT FROZEN!!!!

Just placed my first order - they better be good - i wouldnt ususally spent £26 on sausages!! inc delivery - but if theyre good i might ask my SW friends if they'd like to split an order :)

If you order the minimum of 6 packs the delivery costs £6, if you order over 16 packs its free :) although thats a lot of meat, getting an order together with friends/fellow members will bring personal costs down :)

Just placed my first order - they better be good - i wouldnt ususally spent £26 on sausages!! inc delivery - but if theyre good i might ask my SW friends if they'd like to split an order :)

That's half what I spent:eek: but I buy the marinaded meats and stuff too, and it lasts ages because we don't have it every day.

Hi All,

After hearing everyone rave about Joe's Sausages and the fact he is SW approved and they are syn free I thought I would share with my group. Our group C was discussing Morrisons Sausages being 1/2 syn each. I then asked if anyone had heard of Joe's. The C said that SW are do not promote external companies and we will not discuss Joe's Sausages in this class. That told me!! I replied with but they are SW approved/certified, what's the point of people paying to get accredited if this is your attitude towards them? syn free so whats your issue? She would not explain.....???? I thought SW was about sharing info etc. I basically replied with you have contradicted yourself because tonight alone you have promoted Asda, Morrisons, Tesco etc with all the packets of food she had out. Are any of these SW certified products!! NO!! I really don't know what I did wrong. Joe's have gone to the effort of getting SW approval, syn free for all us SW people and my consultant nearly bit my head off! She said I am not welcome to promote or discuss this! Anyone comes across this before. I was furious, got my point across and several friends asked me for the web address. I told her when i find something out like this I will not share with my group because clearly my info is not welcome! She also warned me off forums, people will intentionally sabotage you!! I have membership and food directories and would never take any info as gospel without checkin gin any case. Were all here for the same reason.

I think my C maybe clashes with me. I thought she would be proud of me as a member. 9 weeks in, never not lost, never maintained, bought loads of books etc. Think i might change class to somewhere where my opinions and info might be appreciated. Just curious if anyone else has ever come across this?
My Consultant got a promotion about 12 months ago to area manager running a team of other C's She Promoted Joe's to us and organised the ordering etc. I REALLY would do as some of the others have said and report this woman to Head office.....she needs to be back in for re training (and a few lessons in customer care!! :mad:) I would have been livid she sounds a right old hag lol

The way I see it is that any tips that help others should be encouraged!! After all that's what it's all about!!XXXXX

I used to love joes but then got pointed to a butchers in leicester who do sausages that are sw approved and his wife was a member thats how they came about. Gamble and Hollis in syston if anyone is near give them a try. His sausages are 1 syn per 100grams (roughly 3 sausages) and they are much more moist than joes. well worth the syn value :)
They also do sw burgers.

Back