Johnson up day down day diet!

Yes,

The 1st post of this thread has a link to the website which explains all about it. They want you to use prepared shakes on the down days for at least the 1st 2 weeks.

My Up day was bad & am registering a 2lb gain but I know that that's as much about not going to the loo as it is about actual weight gain so I'm not fussed. What with all the meals out this week due to Mum's birthday it's not really a normal week, next week will be more usual.

Will continue to weigh every day as that's just what I do but will be interested to see the 1st weeks weight loss (assuming there is one!)

You're all having so much fun JUDDDDering you make it sound fab.

I share Karion's view that this diet, like all diets, will have its share of difficulties, not least in long term restriction of the calories eaten on up days, particularly for those who tend to binge. If you take in more than 3,000 cals on your up day (not all that hard to do) the 500 cal down day might serve to help you maintain but not lose. I guess it would depend on how much weight you needed to shift, and how many calories you were consuming, before.

Another consideration would be the quality of food eaten on the up day - we all love cakes, bikkies and takeaways and it is wonderful to find a diet that allows you to eat such things without guilt - but they are not the healthiest options. Moderation in all things, as the old saying goes!

I would definitely consider giving the JUDDDDer a go, if the brave guinea pigs here get good results.

I think the theory is that after a few weeks you stop craving rubbish because it's allowed.

I have a slightly better day planned for tomorrow, cereal with banana, melon, mushroom risotto & then out to dinner in the evening.

Those of you doing this with CD SS on DD's..... do you tell your CDC what you're doing? Do they happily supply you for doing JUDDDD? Or are doing it on the QT? Just curious... I'm doing Pmk now... not allowed CD for another 2 weeks anyway (post-op) so just exploring future options.... It sure sounds intrigueing...................

hey all... this diet seems very very interesting.... maybe a bit too good to be true??? but i for one am watching with great interest to see how yis all get on....

good luck to you all

Gen xx

In fact the more I think about it the more excited I'm getting about it........... I think I will give it a go!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmm thanks guys for this info!!

Gen xxx

Good on ya Gen, another Judderer for our merry crew. Yes, we really are having fun. I was thinking about the health side of this diet and another thought occured to me on the benefit front. Happiness - the nasty stress feelings that are normally associated with food are gone. I feel happy, not worried, not stressed just happy. Surely that must have a huge health benefit. We are always hearing how bad stress is for us so there you go. Another bonus of Judddering!

Love

This juddering sounds fab - I'm thinking about it for maintenance.

Thoughts please........

xx

For maintenance, you make your DD 1,000 cals Jem :)

People do plateau though and there comes a time when you have to watch your UD's too. Dr J says you don't need to watch your UDs too vigorously at the beginning. Many people forget to read that bit.I believe most plateaus after the first couple of are caused by too big an UD.....

It's lovely to see the enthusiasm on here, but just be aware that it might not all be plain sailing;)

I think this is absolutely right. At the moment, if I am completely honest I am doing JUDDD in an attempt to maintain while I am taking all these painkillers, etc - weight loss would be lovely, but I would definitely see it as a side-benefit!

There are going to be plateaus, and we are going to have to look at our intake on the Up Days in order to fine-tune this after the first two weeks. I think the enthusiasm is excellent, but we have to remember that to lose the weight we want to lose we need to be prepared for the times when it's not plain-sailing and help each other through.

Down day. Have so far done 1 Slimfast & 1 very milky tea + 4 litres water. Will do another SF then go to bed.

Found today very hard but I'm out of practice SSing. Have spent 3 hours in bed watching films to distract myself.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

WEll done Anja, you will soon get in the swing. Isn't it great to have a whole new perspective on eating? I really cannot believe how good I feel. I've had a good down day, got a bit hungry on and off but just told myself not to worry, I can eat tomorrow!

Catch up tomorrow fellow JUDDERERS,

Love

I've eaten a vat of leek and pea soup and a lighter life bar today, but my stomach is killing me, don't want anyone standing down wind of me tomorrow!
I haven't been SS, my understanding is that you will be slightly heavier when you are on an up day, but you will lose it on your down day, which is why the recommendation is that you don't weigh your self after an upper :)
i'm not at all concerned by being 1/2 lb up I was just demonstrating that my body was doing what was predicted and my head was disobeying :)
i can't wait to see how I'm doing tomorrow-even though the website specifically says weigh in once a week, I'm SUCH a rebel
kate

Started at 12,1. Put 2 lbs on on up day, lost 4lbs yesterday. Today 11,13. Back in the 11s AGAIN albeit briefly as we are going to an Italian restaurant tonight! 2lbs down in total so far!

Good for you Bex. I think the thing with this plan that we have to be careful of is to not 'automatically' cutback on the up day. It is so easy to fall into old habits and if we do then the whole see saw effect won't work. Having said that I know we have to be sensible and not over do it either. It's that whole balance thing isn't it?

Love

Back