Johnson up day down day diet!

Hi everyone
I'm really enjoying this plan and have lost 6lb since Monday - I'm prepared for a bit of fluctuation before the week is over though: but so far it's looking good.

Even though we are able to relax and enjoy eating on our UDs, I still feel it's something that we need to think, plan and prepare for. I don't want to get into a situatation where I open the fridge and have to resort to junk because I haven't planned ahead.

It's great to incorporate what would normally be considered diet 'no-nos' in moderation and feeling guilt free because they're balanced against a DD.
Long may this continue :)

Hi RD, wow you are doing so well, I am sure you are right, there will be fluctuations but so long as the overall picture is downwards then that is fine. I have lost 2.5lbs so far and feel delighted with that. Yesterday went well and today it is so nice not to have to be in diet mode - it is an incredible plan, it beats off the boredom before it can set in!

Have a fab day, love

Hi JUDDDers

Glad everyone's doing so well.

Just wondering how much water you are all drinking on your UpDay's and DownDays?

Dizzy x

I'm drinking 2 litres on my UDs and *trying* to drink about 3 litres on my DDs - even on SS I found it hard to drink more than 3L: I think my record was 4!

I think it's important we drink plenty of water regardless of what diet we're on :)
The good thing about CD is that it's got me into the habit of drinking H2O - before that, I hardly touched it preferring fizzy drinks instead: I can't remember the last time I drank fizzy pop now - I've actually gone off them (even the diet varieties).

Generally 3 - 4 litres of water a day whether I'm dieting or not. CD got me into a good habit!

Hi everyone
I'm really enjoying this plan and have lost 6lb since Monday -

Wow! That's excellent. :clap: Even for JUDDD.

Even though we are able to relax and enjoy eating on our UDs, I still feel it's something that we need to think, plan and prepare for. I don't want to get into a situatation where I open the fridge and have to resort to junk because I haven't planned ahead.
Good thinking batman. It's easy to go into binge mode on the UD, so good to hear you're dong it sensibly :)

Just be sure you're eating enough to keep that metabolism ticking over :)

On my second down day. Am deliberately staying away from the scales til my weigh in date next Tuesday but am enjoying this. Feel in control, and 'comfortable'. Have a great Bank Holiday Judders! :D

Had a UD yesterday, although i think I drank more cals then I ate - OOPS! Thats the trouble with a barbie, the wine slipsp down a little too well. I have the headache to prove it!
Fell very happy though, on a 'normal' diet a barbie is a tricky thing, for a Juddder it's easy. Looking forward to a good DD.

Keep going my fellow Juddders, it will be very interesting to see the end of week one results! Can't wait!

Love

Feel in control, and 'comfortable'.

Good to hear it DQ :)

Sort of the best of both worlds really isn't it. Okay...minus the ketosis, but it's just for a day:)

Hope the scales play nicely at weigh in. You deserve it mate

Down day for me too, JUDDD is going well so far! I ate loads yesterday, but i am purposely staying away from carbs, as i dont trust myself with them. I had chicken salad for lunch and prawn salad for dinner. I have had lots of cheese though, to get my calories up to 2000! Easy with cheese! Also sugar free jelly, strawberries and double cream. YUM!

Hi

Well, naughty up day yesterday culminating in our Italian restaurant last night.

12,2 this morning so 3lbs on & therefore 1lb on from start weight so far but again the weekly weigh in is supposed to be after a down day so will probably be Monday morning. I also took all my measurements before I started so will check those again on Monday.

I've had a gain too after an UD yesterday but I sort of expected it: I think this is how the weight losses will go on this diet from day-to-day ... a few pounds lost and a pound gained (which still, in reality, means a loss ...).

At the moment I'm weighing every day because I'm fascinated and not phased by any gains. If it works out and I decided to stick with it, then I guess the best policy will be NOT to weigh daily but to keep it to once a week.

I agree RD, if you can take the gains against the losses and not get downhearted then I think 'why not weigh?'; however I think long term it is better to weigh just once a week. Frankly not something i have ever achieved.

This sounds really good, will ready your posts with interest and might join in myself. My jeans are a getting "too "snug" , so after the bank holiday, will ether SS or do this. I like the idea of being able to have a glass of wine every other day! About the weighing - I hardly ever do it - my last weigh in was about 10 weeks ago. There's really no need you know, and it's quite liberating in a way - not to do it I mean. When all's said and done, it's your size that matters isn't it?
Ann x

Hi Ann - great to see you!!
I think I'm still obsessed with the scales because I'm a LONG way from goal ... I wish I'd just taken one run at it like you did when I was in the 'Golden time' of CD. Now I'm just plain fatigued by it all and need to do something I can sustain.

Maybe when I get to a weight I feel is more acceptable I'll feel less inclined to scale-hop every day :)

There speaks the voice of reason!
Yet we still find it hard to resist, wanting proof of what we probably already know, that we have gained or lost is almost irresistable. i think when I have been on this plan a few weeks and know the results are steadyily coming i will become less 'scale obsessed' but I know I am not ready yet.

Hope you do join us Ann, we are getting quite a little group together!

Love

fLIPPIN' HECK RD, 2 minds wiht but a single thought or what!!!!

Spooky Barb!! :vibes:
Shows we must be on the same wavelength!!

Welcome to our rapidly growing group Ann. I think there are also a few people watching from the sidelines to see how we guinea pigs go in the first before committing themselves :)

If things go well, I can see this merry little band growing in numbers!

I'm really chuffed that Barb and me were the first to take the leap!

Back