JUDDDering to the finnish line, UD intuitivly !

Well you might! Don't be too worried, so long as you see a gradual downward spiral on the scales, or if you don't you know why, then there is nothing to be concerned about. Slow and steady won the race (even when he stopped for the occasional biscuit!).

Love

i feel really strange today, quite heady & lethargic. On the flip side i've been a bit analytical, which is unlike me, i take things at face value & am fairly shallow in my thought processes, if you get my meaning :rolleyes:.
feeling quite low cos we are absolutly brassock at the mo, which i worry about. That in turn made me think "oh s*d it" when i felt hungry & ate 2 rounds of PB sandwiches, thats most of my cals gone for today :cry:.
Did it make me feel any better ? NO, so what have i achieved ? Bu**er all.
I plod along in life, doing the same things cos its what i know & cos i'm not teribly adventurous, or confident of being able to change.During my thinking i came to the conclusion that i need to change or else i'll be back at square one again & this will all have been a waste of time & money.
Since going back to eating i have drifted towards the things i have allways eaten, so i will need to change this. To aid the changes i need to make, not only with food but how i feel about myself & my life, i bought the self help book "the no diet diet" which makes you change habits. I chose this book because Sarah (westiegirl) has been singing its praises.
I shall endeavour to start reading it tonight & we'll see how i get on.
xx:)

Hi hun. Introspection, in it's place, is a good thing. That's when we get some of our lightbulb moments and things become clear. It also seems that sometimes these are our lowest moments too. Like you I was at the stage of returning to the old bad habits, especially the old eating habits. What's the famous quote about doing what you've always done? I've been thinking about habits for a while but they've been too ingrained (or so I've thought) for me to do anything different.

The book I've been banging on about is so simple it seems ridiculous that I needed it to make any changes, but sometimes you just get so blinkered. I'm on day 5 and the first step of turning off the TV has stuck with me every day, and you know what I have so much more energy! Today I was up at 5.15am and 13 hours later I'm listening to music and jigging around whilst writing this! I have done some kind of exercise every day (although I will have to wait until later before bouncing - Dad will be in the bath below my flat soon!).

I can't say for sure if this book is the reason I feel like this, but as you've got it already I think that you should give it a go!

As I said about PMK, I'll let you look at my books in July and you can decide then if you want to invest.

Sending you lots of hugs and hope you feel better soon. xxx.

Hi Anja,
still feeling a bit lethargic but not as much as testerday !
Back to work tonight so that'll make me tired again - vicious circle eh ?
trying to do different things today, i bought the "no diet diet" book yesterday ^ read a bit last night but was too tired to get too far !
Day one's task is "no tv" so iam sat in the quiet here on the lap top. Had some music on earlier whilst doing the ironing & in a mo i'm going to read a bit more of my book.

Hi hun, it's very weird at first. I used to just use the TV as background noise a lot of the time and not really watch it.Since switching it off last week I am more inclined not to switch it on at the usual time - without missing it!Hope that you manage to get some rest before going back to work tonight - sounds like you need to chill a bit. Put on some relaxing music and just close your eyes and drift away for a bit.

have had quite a relaxed day, done a bit of this n that but not much af anything.
the peace & quiet is quite calming really.
will be off to get girls from school in the next half an hour, Charlee does footie after school so i'll take Tori to the park for an hour, she'll play with her friend & i'll chill n chat with my friend - may even treat myself to an Ice-cream if the van comes, which it usually does.
Breakfast - porridge with honey & nuts
Lunch - 3 ryvitta with WW Tuna in Mango Chutney & a Shape Greek yogurt.
2 coffee's & 1 1/2 L water.

You sound a lot more chilled Cheryl, well done. Sometimes a bit of quiet time does you good. Thanks for your advice/support/encouragement on my diary, really appreciate it!

Love

hey Barb,
thats what we are all her for, i equally appreciatte the encouragement you have given me, esp when i am not loosing & thinking of other plans.
I know that if i get this right it will work well, i think i was just a bit like a kid in a candy shop last week, after not eating for so long its like "wey hey". I feel more in control today.
hope you get over your "doldrums" soon, its not conducive to following the plan is it ?

Sarah !
I did it, i bounced for all of 5 mins, but now i know i can i will when i feel a bit more energetic :D

thanks Chelle,
it was really nice at school this morning when a mum told me i looked glamourous !!
i have on a pair of 3/4 length pale pink trousers, a white short sleeve jumper, pink crystal flip flops, matching jewelery & freshly washed hair, oh & me "designer look" sunnies. I felt good & it was lovely for someone else to say what i was thinking. Its worth making the effort then isn't it. ;)

out of interest i thought i'd make a rough tally of my cals today. I know you're not supposed to on UD's but i was intrigued. It hasn't influenced what i have eaten at all.
i finished the day on around 16oo cals, roughly what i should have according to the Judd calculator.
have felt quite possitive about food & my choices today, not sure why tho :confused:

I know you're not supposed to on UD's

I've never heard that before. Just out of interest, where did you read that?

Dr J states not to worry too much about the UDs in the early stages, but he also says that later on, you need to record everything you have eaten (yes, even on the UDs and during maintenance).

Most Juddders I know, do count calories on both days. I have never seen a rule about it, but you are not supposed to either over eat or under eat, so I think many people like to count to make sure they've got it right;)

It is entirely up to you from what I've seen. If you can trust yourself to eat properly, then just make sure you are satified. If you have a bit of a binge mentality...then I guess, calorie counting to some extent, is the way to go on both days.

As for his comment about not worrying in the early stages, I'm a little suspicious that this would work for a lot of ex-VLCDers. Guess it's try it and see;)

Anyway...as I say, I was wondering where you read about how you're not supposed to.

Sounds like you are doing just fine regardless :clap:

You know what KD i'm not sure where i read it or whether it was an impression i got from something someone posted.
if the case is that its good practice to keep an eye on your cals then thats what i shall do.

breaking habits

i have decided that in keeping with the ideas of No Diet Diet, i shall break a habit today & that is to not weigh every day.
a) on alternating UD & DD the figures can be disparaging
b) as i do days midnight to midnight but sleep 9am to 3pm, if i weigh when i get up i'm half way thru either an UD or DD so the results are confusing.
So as of today i will only get on the scales on a Tuesday morning.
i 99 % compleated the no watching tv yesterday except when i got home from dropping Charlee at Guides i came home & Ash & Tori were watching Celeb masterchef & i automatically sat down & watched. I realised after 5 mins & left the room !
Today i need to write something for 15 mins, later !!
off to bed now
xx:nightf:

er, that would have been me! I read the part where Dr J makes a point of advising against cal counting on UD's unless you have plateaued. I think it was a reply from him on the traineo website. Anyway, his point was that diet fatique can set in if you become too obsessive with cal counting everyday. He also said that if you were eating 'normally' and not pigging out then cal counting wasn't necessary, however he understood that some people are concerned with accuracy and if you don't have much weight to lose then counting cals on UD would be a good idea.

I feel that until I plateau I will resist cal counting on UD's, I do find it a chore and i want to learn through practice what i can get away with and what I can't!

For you Cheryl, with so little left to lose, cal counting on UD's probably makes very good sense!

Sorry if I have confused anyone,

Love

Ahh, right. It was you Barb :D

I think as this diet is relatively new, a few things are a little vague at the moment, and common sense has to play a part (until the long awaited book comes out).

For instance, Dr J says 'in the early days' or something. Maybe the first week? Maybe the first year:D Who knows.

He also says that you can eat up to 80% more than your maintenance cals and still lose weight. Right...I guess that's if you do the 20% option on your DDs. But...all things being equal...yes, it probably can happen, but looking at the maths, how much would you lose? Would it be enough to even register on the scales?

It would depend on a numer of factors I reckon.

He also says about recording things eaten during maintenance. Recording as you eat, not leaving it until the end of the day. Not necessarily counting, but not saying you can't do it either. Just recording is enough for most people as research shows that we eat less when we become more aware of what we eat.

I do believe that ex-VLCDers, especially if they have only just finished with the plan, need to be extra vigilant.

Ack...wordy as ever. Never did well with précis in school :D

But you are right Karion, if someone is doing well with one plan then it would be silly to swap about, especially as this plan is so new. I have now done 23 dyas, am 8lbs down and still enjoying it. That is not to say it is effortless, that it would suit everyone and that it is faultless. I agree, common sense is required and when more of us have doen this plan for a lot longer, we will have better evidence ourselves to judge whether it really is a sgood as it at first appears.

love

yesterday's DD wasn't too bad, but have to admit to eating abit b4 midnight :sigh:
since getting up on Tues am @ 7.30 am untill i go to bed tommorrow am @ 8am i will have had only 10 hrs sleep. I am soooooooo tired, i have a headache, i'm in a foul mood :badmood:& it hasn't been helped by the fact today's NDD task was to not have my fav drink - so no coffee :coffee: - could have done with a few strong ones to keep me awake !
I admit to sucumbing to a coffee @ 10.30pm :eek:
having been awake this much i have lost a bit of control of what i am eating, its not all been goo, but i can't remember exactly what i've had :eek:
hopefully i'll get a good sleep tommorrow & be refreshed ready for a DD on Sat

Back