July starters support post

Good to see everyone is doing well! I'm on day 20, 3rd WI on Wednesday I can't wait! Had a bit of a wobble at the weekend with some double cream but been good apart from that. Feeling so much healthier this week but not feeling as slim as I was last week so IDK what's going on! Would love 2.4lb off this week to make a stone!

Good luck everyone :)

Day 1 is the hardest so don't cave! When you wake up in the morning Charl you're going to feel elated you got through it but daunted at a repeat of Day 1.. But after you get through Day 2 I overall think it gets SO much better. Day 5 for me now... Go to bed early.. Have a bath... Read a book/mag! Keep going!xxxx

I've had a funny kind of day today... Diet wise I've done fine but I've felt really fed up and miserable - it might be because my back is really bad at the moment and it's getting me down a bit, or might be unrelated.

I had a lovely tea though because I'd left it too late in the day to have pack 3, so I ended up having 2 x Spicy Spaghetti together as Pack 3 & 4 for my dinner - made up to be a really nice amount! Nom Nom! Feel like a piggy now....

svincent said:
Day 1 is the hardest so don't cave! When you wake up in the morning Charl you're going to feel elated you got through it but daunted at a repeat of Day 1.. But after you get through Day 2 I overall think it gets SO much better. Day 5 for me now... Go to bed early.. Have a bath... Read a book/mag! Keep going!xxxx

I am finding it hard now, feel really groggy and no energy, probably doesn't help I hadn't eaten properly the last 3 days, I think I only had 1 meal sat and 1 yesterday, so I feel quite empty and drained. I'm just going to go to bed when bf goes to work (he works nights) and hopefully a good sleep will sort me out as only had about 5 hours for the last 2 nights too. I know I'm being lame so sorry for the moans, just def finding it harder than I thought xxx

Hey aren't we doing well :D Lots of day one starts and re starts. Restart for me. Survived considering I felt full of cold so pleased I didn't cave. For those who are wibbling, just a little bit longer then you can go to bed and its the first day over.

Keep the faith ladies x

Good first day loved the spicy spagetti roll on day two

Well done everyone, well I enjoyed my 1 meal off for my 7 year anniversary but not counting tomorrow as a restart as I haven't fell off the wagon just celebrating mt anniversary. Lets hope ketosis kicks in fast, I had dog breathe om.the morning of day two when I started so hoping for same again. You know your sad when hoping for bad breath lol

Hi all....apologies it's so late in July to start but I have my packs arriving tomorrow and reading through this thread has given me soooo much motivation....I notice a lot of u have the shakes instead of the meals or have I read things wrong...totally new to all this :/

I have both, everyone just does what works for them. I would try everything and see what you like best, I've only disliked one thing and that was sweet porridge I love everything else :)

Brill.....thanks for the reply....I've ordered 2 weeks worth to try out but to be honest I have to make this work...tried everything else lol

Ah I'm so pissed at myself. Felt really ill, faint and dizzy so I had another pack. So I've had a shake, 2 vlcd meals, a bar and some chicken and salad. When I put everything into MFP net cals is still 500 so do you's think it's going to be ok? I actually feel satisfied for the first time today though, the meals totally fill me up more so am I allowed 3 of them or do I have to have the shakes too?? I'm so annoyed why couldn't I just stick to it, so many of you do, so how come I can't! I'm rubbish! Grrrr.. Xx

charl_young said:
Ah I'm so pissed at myself. Felt really ill, faint and dizzy so I had another pack. So I've had a shake, 2 vlcd meals, a bar and some chicken and salad. When I put everything into MFP net cals is still 500 so do you's think it's going to be ok? I actually feel satisfied for the first time today though, the meals totally fill me up more so am I allowed 3 of them or do I have to have the shakes too?? I'm so annoyed why couldn't I just stick to it, so many of you do, so how come I can't! I'm rubbish! Grrrr.. Xx

To be honest, I think you're probably doing a lot better than you think. This is Not an easy diet, it's a bit of a shock to the system! It's not surprising that you feel a bit wobbly! Please don't load up on negative emotion, it will only hinder your resilience. As far as I know, each pack varies between 135-150 cal, so 4 would be over 500 and closer to 600, depending on which you choose. It's better to reach for another shake, ie a fifth, rather than food I think as it will still keep you under the 800 cal mark, whicj is still VLCD. Once ketosis kicks in you won't need to worry about this as your body will produce huge amounts of energy burning your own fat stores. However, it's not a good idea to do exercise in the first three weeks as your body won't be able to cope.

As long as you stick to the 3packs + protein meal or 4 packs, or even a fifth pack, you should be ok. Don't feel bad, it is tough, and I assure you're doing great! Just remember that you're consuming your own fat!
All the best!

hi all, im on day 1. im using LT. so had 1 shake and 1 soup. finding it hard but gotta keep going until ketosis kicks in. which i hope is soon. feeling very tired, hungry, headache and grumpy. but its good to post and hear other poeple going through this too. im not alone

Day 2 feeling positive and quite calm about facing the day. Yesterday was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Here is hoping today goes as smoothly.

Good luck with today ladies x

Its not really your calories you have to watch although keeping it low heps its the amount of carbs.... You want to keep your carbs around 60 ish!!!

If you want to snack have chicken or eggs maybe... try to stick to protein... i live on extra chicken and babybel till I'm in ketosis then i cute them out again!!!

: ) X

I'm coming over from Exante, my packs arrive today am very much looking forward to a bit more variation and joining this board :)

Ohhh right I thought it was cals I had to be careful of. It said on the website if you get super hungry an extra pack is ok, and better than snacking on real food.

I think I drank too much water too, it made me feel weird was so thirsty I reckon I had about 6 litres total with tea and shakes and stuff.

Thanks all for the advice, I'll be better today, I just need to think more carefully about when I'm eating, need to space it out a bit better, going to half a shake so I can have half am and half pm, fingers crosses that'll be better.

Feeling loads better this morn after a sleep, hope you all have a good day, day 2... Roll on ketosis!! :) xx

Hey never posted on this thread but just wanted to say
A. You are doing great! Imagine pre this diet stressing about that measly amount you consumed? The only damage you are at risk of doing is to yourself by being so harsh! Embrace this positive step you are on... What day are you on?
B. careful over consuming water please - dizziness you describe is a symptom and it can be fatal If you keep drinking through it - marathon runners have experienced it even..
C. Low Calories and low carb is what keeps you in ketosis - both matter. Too many of either and you leave / take longer to enter ketosis

Give yourself a well done and don't be so tough a judge! Xxxxxx

P.s I did slim and save / Cambridge and got to goal I cannot exercise due to an injury so am back to do a quick pre holiday 8 days of 3/4 packs a day to shift 5.25 pounds... On day 2... Wondering if I'll even be in ketosis for long enough! I have a diary here and at the beginning of if I posted some info that helped me understand ketosis and stay motivated feel free to snoop xxxx

Charl long as your cals under 700 and carbs 70 you be fine

I rarely go over 550 or 40 carbs that's without paying any attention half the time. Keep carbs low and you be fine. Boiled egg or chicken is ideal

Xxx

Back