June Starters? Support Post!

WoW that is fantastic, how exciting!!!!!!

I have been swimming and Im ravenous!! I have had a snack of cheese and olives wrapped in lettuce, I keep thinking its only a few days till holidays so what the hell, but trying to stick at it!!

Only one old boy has notice my weight loss........he said I looked like a 'latt' :rolleyes: No one else has even mentioned it. Much to my disgust! Booo! Well I guess its only just over a stone.

Cuppa now with a bar, and early night Im feeling a bit stuffed up!

Well done all, stick with it!! x

I have been a little naughty, but not toooo bad!!!

I am craving curry! So had a chicken breast pan fried, with mushrooms, and mixed some milk with curry powder then added a little bit of cream cheese to thicken. Served with brocolli, It was delish!

The carbs were pretty low in the Cream Cheese I wouldnt normally eat it, but Im sure it will keep me in ketosis and Im on wind down for hols so not too particular......however Im sure its no where near on plan!!

Hels, didn't you mention that your work uniform is baggy? That's probably why :) I'm sure you look gorgeous and slim! Ohh dear, we're both playing a little off plan - hope we don't knock anyone else off the path of righteousness lol!

Swimming always leaves me starving - I'm very likely to eat something calorific afterwards and negate any calories burnt ;) This morning I went down to Thames Rowing Club and managed to get doing some proper rowing, amazing muscle burn and I've felt in a brilliant mood ever since. I'm really a bit heavy still to balance out a multi-person scull or a sweep-oar team in the lightweight category (unfortunately heavyweight women have to be extra extra tall!) - I'd be really embarrassed to be offsetting the boat :eek:

Almost there though, and spoke with the coach there who said as soon as I hit 9st 4 I'm all set for women's lightweight team rowing, although I can already see that I'll have to work really hard to get myself back to the kind of fitness level I was at when I was on my Uni team - gah! Ignoring all the rowing talk, the summary is that I did about an hour or a bit more of single sculling at a moderate intensity, which at this weight should be about 720 calories burnt I think? Practising at a high intensity is a lot more calories again, so will definately be a great addition to re-feed and maintenance!

[IGNORE THIS NEXT SECTION IF YOU HATE SLIGHTLY OFF-PLAN EATING]

Came back and decided to eat more protein today to aid muscle recovery and so I wouldn't be dead weight all day! Sooo had the most gorgeous high protein meal ever :) I had some stirfry leftover from yesterday - small pieces of chicken and lots of chopped courgette cooked with frylight and some onion powder (and a sneaky pinch of salt). So I mixed that up with some quark as a filling. Then I cooked an omelette with 1 egg and 1 egg white, 10g of grated mature chedder cheese and a spoonful of quark mixed up with it. Then when it was cooked thinly on one side, I placed the filling inside then folded over and cooked a little longer.
Oh My God - it was divine. I was practically in raptures whilst eating it. I used it as my protein based meal of the day, however I am aware that it was higher in calories+protein than it was supposed to be (bit of quark, 50g chicken, eggs and cheese - oops) and that the 10g of mature cheddar was definately off plan. However, the exercise warranted it and I definately think it would be perfect for maintenance! Next time I might include more veggies (baby leaf spinach and mushrooms?) and/or cook it as a frittata.

[OVER!]

I promise to be really good for the rest of today! S&S packs R US. And maybe I could pretend I'm swapping the milk allowance (which I never have) for a smaller quark allowance? ;)

Hels, didn't you mention that your work uniform is baggy? That's probably why :) I'm sure you look gorgeous and slim! Ohh dear, we're both playing a little off plan - hope we don't knock anyone else off the path of righteousness lol!

Swimming always leaves me starving - I'm very likely to eat something calorific afterwards and negate any calories burnt ;) This morning I went down to Thames Rowing Club and managed to get doing some proper rowing, amazing muscle burn and I've felt in a brilliant mood ever since. I'm really a bit heavy still to balance out a multi-person scull or a sweep-oar team in the lightweight category (unfortunately heavyweight women have to be extra extra tall!) - I'd be really embarrassed to be offsetting the boat :eek:

Almost there though, and spoke with the coach there who said as soon as I hit 9st 4 I'm all set for women's lightweight team rowing, although I can already see that I'll have to work really hard to get myself back to the kind of fitness level I was at when I was on my Uni team - gah! Ignoring all the rowing talk, the summary is that I did about an hour or a bit more of single sculling at a moderate intensity, which at this weight should be about 720 calories burnt I think? Practising at a high intensity is a lot more calories again, so will definately be a great addition to re-feed and maintenance!

[IGNORE THIS NEXT SECTION IF YOU HATE SLIGHTLY OFF-PLAN EATING]

Came back and decided to eat more protein today to aid muscle recovery and so I wouldn't be dead weight all day! Sooo had the most gorgeous high protein meal ever :) I had some stirfry leftover from yesterday - small pieces of chicken and lots of chopped courgette cooked with frylight and some onion powder (and a sneaky pinch of salt). So I mixed that up with some quark as a filling. Then I cooked an omelette with 1 egg and 1 egg white, 10g of grated mature chedder cheese and a spoonful of quark mixed up with it. Then when it was cooked thinly on one side, I placed the filling inside then folded over and cooked a little longer.
Oh My God - it was divine. I was practically in raptures whilst eating it. I used it as my protein based meal of the day, however I am aware that it was higher in calories+protein than it was supposed to be (bit of quark, 50g chicken, eggs and cheese - oops) and that the 10g of mature cheddar was definately off plan. However, the exercise warranted it and I definately think it would be perfect for maintenance! Next time I might include more veggies (baby leaf spinach and mushrooms?) and/or cook it as a frittata.

[OVER!]

I promise to be really good for the rest of today! S&S packs R US. And maybe I could pretend I'm swapping the milk allowance (which I never have) for a smaller quark allowance? ;)

WOW I am in awe, thats great going with the rowing!! You must be chuffed to bits!! That meal sounds totally delicious!!

I have been doing ok. Having 4 packs most days and adding extra quorn to the chilli etc, so keeping in ketosis, but having more calories than TMR, probably equivalent of 810 on CD.
If I lose at all between last friday and my final WI before hols on wednesday morning Ill be very happy. I am struggling still to not be naughty, and even convinced myself that a KFC breast would be on plan.......ermmm..talk myself out of that on PDQ!

Any way, Im soooooo excited for my hols! Whooop! Then Im right back at it!

Right now I'm eating a ton of veggies!! I'm trying to cut unnecessary calories from my diet! Also, what do you guys think is healthier, white meat or dark meat?

Are you doing Slim and Save?? I believe white meat like chicken fish and turkey are the healthiest, red meat can be more fatty.

For a moment I was willing to be convinced about the KFC breast as I read your post ;) Enjoy your holidays and don't be too strict with yourself - you're so near goal and I reckon that deserves a bit of leeway :) Have a few beers (and a few more), a few carbs - add in a little exercise, and you can deal with whatever water weight you gain once you return! Are you thinking about doing the CD refeed once you hit goal? I've been considering it recently...

I have gone slightly off plan as I dont just want to be really good then Im having a beer at the aorport and eating snadwiches etc, so have had pepper, cuc, toms, cheese and ham in a salad with a splash of salad cream.

Im going to do a week of S&S to get rid of the water excess, and then do 810 kind of diet. Im 9st 8.5 and Im hoping not to go toooo much over 10st. So will have a stone (hopefully) to go when I get back.

Right Im going to do my WI today. It was 1lb off since friday morning. Which Im happy with, although I havent gone mad I have definatley not stuck to plan.

Ill say good bye and see you in nearly 3 weeks to get right back at it! I cant wait!!

Encouraging all June starters to participate every day! I don't want to be in here all on my own whilst Hels is on holidays :cry:Anyways, still losing on the path of semi-righteousness haha! 9st 5.2 this morning (so close to 9st 4!!!). I've just had a strawberry shake for breakfast but I'm in the mood for solid chocolate today and since I have no S&S bars atm I may have half an atkins bar and a small portion of quark at some point today :eek: A whole atkins bar definately makes me stall, I'll have to see what happens with half! Then a chicken salad for dinner (probably) and maybe another shake after I get some exercise into my day! I'll keep you all updated haha.

Hello!

Sorry I kind of drifted off this thread as I was getting so frustrated with myself. I was really struggling. Have decided (as of last night) to go back on low carb as I was finding packs far too challenging - and was actually GAINING weight!?! Not really sure that's physically possible - but I'm up 2kg since I started so enough is enough! I do watch the threads from time to time though and love to see everyone's successes. You're very strong only having half an Atkins bar. I had to stop having them as they were FAR too moreish (mind you - I think I find MOST FOOD too moreish!! ;))

To be honest I find the atkins bars a little rich so it's not too bad restraining myself. Other things are not always so easy ;) I think you're making the right decision to go back on low carb if the results aren't going your way overall. I considered low carb initially as my long term plan after S&S, but I'm not a big meat eater and would probably do best on a low GI-style mediterranean diet focusing on legumes, oily fish and eggs and HUGE amounts of veg, and with quite a bit of soy; edamame & tofu, thrown into the mix. I'll have to see how it goes though - if I can't maintain that way then I'll re-evalute.

Yesterday I stuck to my plan (yay!), today went a tad off kilter - two protein based meals in the form of a mushroom omelette and a chicken salad. Additionally a chocolate shake and err....well...a quarter of a slice of wholemeal toast with a scrape of margerine. Oopsy daisy! Been quite off-colour today and I'm blaming it on that. The force is somewhat weak with this one ;)

Hey you Mrs, lay off the toast!!! Free internest access so thought Id say hello from Bulgaria!

I feel totalllllly huge next to some of these svelt Russian hotties, and will defo be righ back on it when Im home, although Im not being very good!! Think I need to hammer the exercise to tone this old saggy body!!

Stick at it ladies!!!

And I thought I'd sneaked that carb slip there in an unnoticeable fashion haha :) Been a bit poorly the last few days due to a reaction to an immunosuppresive drug I take - turned out the dose was too high for my current weight, oopsadaisy. Doctor said I might not feel better until it works its way our of my system - so possibly the weekend. HOWEVER, there have been no more off-plan indulgences and I have no intention to make any more. Been sticking to the shakes mainly, although I did have one pair of S&S chocolate wafers spread out over 2 days. Lots of water in this warmer weather too!

Exercising has been on hiatus, and my weight seems to have stalled temporarily at 9st 3.2lbs whilst I'm unwell. So close to goal though that I'm not particularly bothered. When I get to 8st 12 I'm going to refeed in accordance with the Cambridge plan I think, though tailoring it a little towards my endplan ;) Really looking forward to maintenance!

Gained a lb this morning - totally unwarranted gain I assure you, I was 100% yesterday. Or I think I was - did have a tofu and cabbage stirfry (with frylight) and I wonder if there was a tad too much soy sauce? Boyfriend was mildly appalled at first by the concept of low-fat vegetarian food (despite adding lots of noodles and some chilli-garlic sauce to his portion), but I loved it! In retrospect he was probably just worried that it would become a trend as he polished it off with gusto once it was served and no further complaints ;)

I thought I used appropriate moderation on the soy sauce, but maybe I should have gone for low sodium or tamari style. Not too upset, it'll come back off when it's good and ready haha. Had a vanilla (+coffee) shake this morning and a vegetable soup for lunch which tbh I wasn't too hungry for and almost gave a miss. Hoping to try the cauliflower rice one of these days, just need to get a cauliflower! I'm thinking of having a strawberry shake at around 5 and then some Quark at 8. Meanwhile really need to up my water intake - the weather's gotten hotter but I've gotten lazier.

I use the tamari soya sauce :s haven't weighed myself yet but hopefully won't affect losses!

I think I'll try that next time in case I'm a tad gluten or sodium sensitive. It could just be a normal fluctuation though too! :)

I'm just sitting here dreaming about Quark with sugar free jelly, or even better jelly with a layer of strawberry shake (made into mousse) on top.... better leave it for refeed though! Keep it simple is the name of the game atm.

I am gluten free normally but on this diet I take supplements to aid digestion and this helps with my symptoms! Not all the packs have gluten and most of they do are not too much so with the tablets keep it generally deal-able with!

And I have Jelly all the time lol

Back