June Starters? Support Post!

Just had 1 egg mixed with quark and mushrooms then cooked using frylight. OMG like a savoury pancake - rich savoury and flavourful. What a way to spend your protein allowance ;) Bar for breakfast this morning, but what I'll have tonight is still a mystery. Still stalled, but at least no gains. Need to drink more water, being really lethargic and reluctant about it.

Has this become my diary? :p Finished off yesterday with a strawberry shake. Today I'm feeling a bit better so I managed to get an hour of erg rowing in this morning and a half hour run this evening. Food wise - chocolate shake, tofu stir fry (you may have noticed I love tofu ahem) and tonight had a cafe latte shake in two parts with lots of water. Really need to encourage myself to have that last pack bleh. I'd lost a pound this morning and the only change I can see that I made yesterday was really upping the water, so tried to keep on the hydration team today :) We'll see what happens tomorrow!

By the way - anyone spotted any low carb chicken sausages around? Apparantly they sell some at Tesco but looked up nutrition online and a lot of sat. fat, definately a nono! The idea just appeals to me, cut up in a vegetable saute or something similar.

All by myseeeeeeeelf, don't wanna be all by myseeeeeeelf... oh, okay, I'll report in haha :) Strawberry shake for breakfast at 8am with lots of water as was going to be out a lot today and that often means my water intake drops. Lemon bar at about 2pm which was gorgeous as always, and now I'm back I'll probably have a scrambled egg with quark and veggies, plus extra salad on the side. Then some chocolate shake made into a mousse for dessert - yum.

Had a can of diet coke rather than coke zero today - oops, didn't even think about it -distracted with other things! I've actually been thinking about having a 'break' week now I'm so close to goal - low carb but with lots and lots of vegetables. I've been craving fresh, real foods this week like gazpacho, tofu scrambles, oily fish and lots and lots of vegetables - raw, steamed, stir-fried, roasted, in green smoothies/juices etc, as well as a seeds for some reason. A little fruit wouldn't go amiss, but I could deal without it too I suppose. Part of me thinks I should wait until refeed but since I'm craving relatively healthy foods - perhaps there's something I'm craving that would do my body good and I should go with it? Hmmm.....

Edit: Bought a lovely dress in a size 8 which was in no way a squeeze! From Hobbs in white, pale pink and cocoa brown - really divine shape and super-flattering, cinching the waist and cupping the breasts without showing off too much... plus at £49 down from £179 it's a bargain :)

Last edited:
If your ready to refeed to for it hunny

Don't worry about the diet coke, hasn't caused me any issue

I have sausage or burgers from time to Time normally ask the butcher to make them up so I know what's in them!!

Xx

Hellllloooooo!!!!!!!!

I always felt all by myself!!!!

Im still on hoildays, and eating too much Milka chocolate and drinking too much vino, however Im raring to get back on it......whooosh, watch me go! i get paid tomorrow, so going to do a S&S order ready for me getting home! Will have that fatal last meal, Im craving a curry! Then back at it!

LS that dress sounds FAB!!!! You have done ACE! Well done hun!!
RR - you are storming it!

Im dusting off the 30DS when home too!

Great to see you back! Haha, I'm a sucker for the 'last meal'! It's really good that you're eager to get back on the diet - being there mentally makes it so much easier.

Did you enjoy wearing your new swimsuits and feeling skinnier? I bet it was a nice feeling :) On the note of 30DS - everyone seems to be into it and I feel like I'm missing out! I think I might be starting it too!

To be honest I felt rubbish, and I know that Im healthy BMI etc etc.........but my body is trashed! Im 38 and have fat and cellulite on fat and cellulite.......so, the diet is important but exercise is to be paramount.

If i could of had a curry meal here id have skipped the 'last meal' but sooo need spicy stuff!!

Fancy starting 30DS next week!?

Next week sounds good for 30DS! Not too far away, so I won't persuade myself out of it ;) I think 30DS, rowing (erg and proper), doing more general activity like walking places + throwing in a few weekly sessions of Callanetics (my friend swears by it and she is soooo toned) will be this month's exercise routine. I've heard so many good things about kettlebells too recently... but one thing at a time haha!

Blergh, difficult day. Had a conference and hadn't thought to prepare properly food-wise. Drank two coffees with a splash of semi-skimmed milk (no skimmed) and an emegency Atkins daybreak bar during the morning, then the late lunch buffet was unfortunately just sandwiches and fruit. I had two strawberries (shock horror!) and a few glasses of sparkling water - mainly chatted to draw attention away from sparse plate. I'm home now and just had a shake - will have a mushroom omelette later and just hope for no problems with the Atkins bar or fruit; berries are low carb-ish right?

Had a rather unplanned day off today! The boyfriend's brother was back from Geneva for a wedding so we met up for dinner at an Anglo-Indian fusion eatery. Decided to go for something called 'Chicken 65' which was described as being chicken basted with curry, coriander, cumin, ginger and garlic. I asked the waiter if it contained sugar - it didn't, but probably should have gauged carbs better. The dish was nice but tasted like there was flour (conflour? chickpea?) in the spice rub as well as being able to taste a bit of oil. Only ate 100g or so of it and some green salad... but I reckon it's very much less than an ideal choice. Having just checked online, it seems the recipe tends to contain some cornflour and also is traditionally deep fried! :cry: Luckily mine didn't seem deep fried, but I imagine there was definately some fat involved.

Next time I will go for the option I know is safe!! For now I'll just try to drink a lot of water and hope for the best :)

Hello all,

I've had a relatively good week but have been up at the Olympics twice, and done lots of walking so have had a bit of extra protein each evening when I've got home - am proud to have resisted all the crappy food and drink up there!

Hellloooo!

Im back in the UK, but its still my holidays and and have a meal out on Sunday so I have placed an order and I will be rocking and rolling as of Monday!! I **think** I have gained about 8lbs, I will WI on Monday officially, but thought Id say hello and hope your all doing well.

Welcome back - any weight you've gained will be off in the first week, so don't fret over whatever it is :)

Well, after all my worrying about yesterday's indian food - I'm down to 9st exactly this morning, not too bad ;)

Woooohoooo!!! Well done you, thats great work!!

you must be about at target now, whats your plans from there? x

Hehe - pretty much! I wouldn't mind an extra lb or two off to give me a little wriggle room, but I can take it or leave it!

Refeed is very much on my mind right now and I'm still reading and considering. I'm planning to do a slow Cambridge diet style refeed (with a few adjustments) and bought the step-by-step book off eBay earlier this week. I want to watch out for any food sensitivities or 'trigger' foods too, so will be careful to identify any problems over a gradual refeed programme. To maintain I want to adopt a low GI diet full of fresh veggies and incorporating lots of oily fish and some legumes - with some poultry but little in the way of red meat. Due to my health I want to follow an 'anti-inflammatory' eating style so I've been looking a look at books by Dr. Weil, Dr. Perricone and stuff about Mediterranean diets. Enough to make my head swim though!

Refeed won't actually start for about a week though, as I have a lot of eating out this week and want to be clear on what I'm doing. For the most part I'm just doing the chicken + salad route, however there's a lovely champagne afternoon tea at the Dorchester with friends which I'll allow myself a little leeway on - it's all 80/20 right? ;) When I'm back to (or still at) this weight, hopefully next week, then refeed will commence! :)

Oooh Champagne, my fav!!

I WI this morning at 10st 2.2lbs So gained 8lbs in my 3 week break. Im back on it today, I have a party at the weekend, which will be hard not to drink at, but guess Ill have to manage, then going to a festival the weekend after, but if I keep avoiding a restart because of these things then Ill never start.
if i could lose a stone Id be happy :)

Im interested in the anti inflammatory eating style, Im due to see the Rheumatoid consultant again after my steroid injection didnt work!

Once I start my refeed diary I'll be keeping it updated with what I learn about anti-inflammatory eating so a good reason to come hang out over there haha ;)

Well, Saturday is my champagne tea! :) I'm planning to bring myself out of ketosis in preparation by eating carbs when I go out for dinner on the Friday; I'm not prepared to take any chances with ketosis and alcohol - especially since I'm a lightweight drinker in the first place (and now I'm a lightweight person lol!). I'm expecting up to a 3-4lb gain on the Sunday, but I know that will whoosh off again so not too worried.

I meant to start 30DS yesterday but forgot! I think I'll probably start tomorrow (she says) since I've already been for my morning run and done half an hour of Callanetics.

Hels - that 8lbs will be gone by Friday I bet! Be strong and you'll be at refeed before you know it - there'll be lots of parties and festivals in the future and you'll be able to enjoy them at goal :)

I wrote that I was on plan today. I've come back to edit (although not to recall any tales of eating my body weight in ice cream which I considered briefly whilst supermarket shopping today haha!). I had 3 shakes plus two small protein meals today - one was a grilled chicken breast with side salad whilst eating out, the other involved a small portion of smoked salmon topped with a spoonful of Quark. Also had a glass of almond milk. Pretty much 810 though surely? Incredibly tired though so I may be wrong. I felt exhausted after exercise (plus it's TOTM) so I just went with what I felt like within reason - and that was extra protein.

Planning on coming out of ketosis on Friday in preparation for Saturday - add a little carb to breakfast and lunch, then have an off-plan dinner + maybe a small glass of wine to test the waters ;) Then Saturday try and not over-indulge too much, but tbh not planning to think too much about restriction and sugar and carbs etc.

Last edited:
Hope your feeling less tired now hun?
Are you looking forward to the weekend?

Ithink I have have lost 4lbs of my holiday weight so far! YAY! Need to get eith the exercise more than anything, but have so much on, facing redundancy so stressed to hell, swatting up for interviews and working and kids on school hols, and hubby still working away, its crazy! Have been so stressed I felt like opening a bottle of wine, which I havent! Im emotionally drained and cant face execise on top of everything, although i know it would do me the world of good!!

Back