Just cant say NO!

miss-tri

to burgers and fast food! :sigh: tried yet and yet again and i keep saying il eat just for today and start my diet tommorow and i keep doing this! i know i shouldnt but at the time i just want a nice fillet burger and then i regret it, :cry: but this doesnt seem to stop me from doing it time and time again! :confused: grrrrrr :break_diet:

If its actual fast food joints such as Burger King, Mcdonald and so on that you are talking about then you have my sympathy. Damn stuff is addictive.

You have to treat it like an addiction, and just dont go in there. Just dont go through the door, because you know if you do then you are going to be buying and eating it. Make it a rule that you wont go in, and make it a rule you wont break. It was the only way I could deal with it.

I agree with Lynn. Just don't go in there.

Next time you crave one have a look at the calories and then see just what you can have instead...or even make one yourself. You are in control of the ingredients and additives then....most come in around a quarter of the calories and are far tastier

Thats great advice but its not the places that are the problem, its a problem because i get delivery done! when my family order out i cant say noooo and its so easy just to dial a place up and place an order! they should ban home delivery!

The local chinese takeaway used to recognise my voice when i called them, its a very bad sign. Its tough if your family are phoning for takeout and you get included in it too, I can see that its a difficult problem.

You simply have to make a choice, what do you want more? Is it more important to have the fast food or is it more important to sort your health and weight out. When the take out arrives, who is putting it in your mouth?

I know its easy for me to say to you just dont order it. I know its a really hard thing to refuse when others in your family are eating it. But this isnt just about fast food, its about you taking control of your life. Stand up and take control, dont let the actions of others decide what is going to affect you.

You need to talk to your family about it, explain to them that eating lots of fast food is really bad for all of you. I used to order takeout because I was too lazy or too tired to make sure I went shopping regularly so that there was food in the house I could prepare and eat. It was so much easier to call the chinese and order it. If this is the same problem for your family then you need to work out a way that the shopping gets done and someone will then cook it. Maybe you could all take it in turns so that its not always the responsibility of one person.

Whatever the problem is, you need to sit down and work out a solution.

If you want a burger - make your own using extra lean meat! I guarantee it will taste a hell of a lot better than the takeaway and will be far better for you!

Trying to completely cut out the foods you like will only lead to binging and falling off the wagon

Lynn- You are so right, and thanks to your stern 'telling off' im going to try my best to not give in, i actually havent ordered recently and iv decided that i, myself, will not order but if my family do il have a small amount of the food, that way as circes ^ said i will not end up binge eating and will be in control! Thanks for the advice people! much appreciated

Oh and wow lynn! iv just noticed you've lost so much weight! :eek: how did u do it?? and how long did it take you? :jelous: oh and more importantly, Well done!! :) :D

i just seem to be unable to say no to junk food. i always plan to start a diet tommorrow and have some sort of excuse to put it off

good luck

happy new year to you all

I agree with all those who say - just don't go in there! I actually treat myself to a McDonald meal ONCE a year and no more. I have the big burger and cheese with fries plus a strawberry shake, Yumyum!
Also about every couple of months I will buy fish and chips from the shop which I love to eat with quite a bit of salad cream and when I do fall prey to a bit of chocolate I will make sure that it is included in my calorie count for the day.

The only way to beat these cravings is to take charge and have a ready plan for those times AND allow yourself a treat now and again otherwise life gets a bit boring and tedious.

Lynn- You are so right, and thanks to your stern 'telling off' im going to try my best to not give in, i actually havent ordered recently and iv decided that i, myself, will not order but if my family do il have a small amount of the food, that way as circes ^ said i will not end up binge eating and will be in control! Thanks for the advice people! much appreciated

Awww, im sorry lol, I really didnt intend to come across as 'stern'. I really do understand how difficult it is to say no to the stuff. I just wanted to try to impress on you that you have to make up your mind to take control and not be controlled by others.

I really did have a serious fast food addiction. My work has me travelling all over the country, so the first stop of the day would be Mcdonalds drive through for breakfast. Followed by a sandwich from a sandwich van mid morning, then either KFC or another sandwich as a late lunch on my way home and dinner was invariably chinese takeaway or Burger King. At weekends hubby and I lived on chinese or Indian, we would eat it at least twice between friday and sunday, and probably 3 times over a weekend. It was just too easy and I was just too tired or lazy to shop and cook properly. The fast food had to stop and it did very abruptly back in May. I havnt actually had a chinese takeway since about mid May, and I dont even miss it. I havnt been inside a Burger King or a KFC since then. I did have a Mcdonalds breakfast once in December, and it just wasnt as great as I thought it would be (but i still enjoyed it lol). Indian food I cannot give up, but i absolutely downright refuse to have it as a takeaway now, if we want it we go to a restaurant and have it as a night out.

I wish I could tell you that there is a secret to losing weight easily. There isnt, its hard to do. You can do it though, you just have to believe it and take control to make it happen.

Awww, im sorry lol, I really didnt intend to come across as 'stern'. I really do understand how difficult it is to say no to the stuff. I just wanted to try to impress on you that you have to make up your mind to take control and not be controlled by others.

I really did have a serious fast food addiction. My work has me travelling all over the country, so the first stop of the day would be Mcdonalds drive through for breakfast. Followed by a sandwich from a sandwich van mid morning, then either KFC or another sandwich as a late lunch on my way home and dinner was invariably chinese takeaway or Burger King. At weekends hubby and I lived on chinese or Indian, we would eat it at least twice between friday and sunday, and probably 3 times over a weekend. It was just too easy and I was just too tired or lazy to shop and cook properly. The fast food had to stop and it did very abruptly back in May. I havnt actually had a chinese takeway since about mid May, and I dont even miss it. I havnt been inside a Burger King or a KFC since then. I did have a Mcdonalds breakfast once in December, and it just wasnt as great as I thought it would be (but i still enjoyed it lol). Indian food I cannot give up, but i absolutely downright refuse to have it as a takeaway now, if we want it we go to a restaurant and have it as a night out.

I wish I could tell you that there is a secret to losing weight easily. There isnt, its hard to do. You can do it though, you just have to believe it and take control to make it happen.

awww dont apologise! i needed a telling off so i should be thanking you for giving me one, not you apologising for doing so :D

And thats brilliant that youv decided not to eat takeaway unless its a night out.. i have actually not had takeout since the beginning of this month, its been all fruit and healthy food am proud to say so iv managed to say no... yay me! though i havent been faced with real temptation yet so maybe i wont beable to say no when the time comes but im determined to see this healthy eating through so im only going to eat if i really really REALLY want to eat and even then il be aware of what im eating and not be greedy... iv only decided to permantly stop ordering myself and like you, im only going to eat if its a night out or if im with friends etc. Im quite dedicated this time and i do believe i can do it.. i really appreciate ur confidence in me too! thankyou :)

Hi cuz of your job have you tried making a nice chunky stew or soup in a big flask to help the cravings as if you can try eating this around an hour before you tend to crave fast food your blood sugar stays even and can eventually break your cravings and the feeling of fast food will take away your cravings as actualy they make it Worce as high I salt and sugar plus your bread gives you that sugar rush and comfort but wears off fast so can make you feel Worse but makes you crave for more x x does this help ?

I actually dont like soup or stew.... thankyou so much for the advice though! Iv actually managed to not give in for 5 days so im sure i can keep doing so... i do appreciate the advice however! :D

7th now :D the worst food i ate was crackers and cheese.. everything else was quite healthy!

Just wanna say... tomorrow never comes. The only difference you can make to your life is right now. Each moment you are choosing how you want your life to be.

7th now :D the worst food i ate was crackers and cheese.. everything else was quite healthy!

Well done Miss Tri! you are doing great. So good that you are staying off the junk food.

If you were on a low carb diet, then meat is ok as long as you don't have the bread, or the chicken isn't coated in batter/breadcrumbs. I am a fussy easter and all the stuff I enjoy is takeaways and fastfood. My willpower over the years was awful. I know it sounds corny, but I literally woke up one day and though enough is enough. I have the odd day off every so often or if I'm on holiday I eat normally. I'd love a chinese right now, or a KFC, but I know I'd feel bad afterwards.

I was the worlds worse for "tomorrow I'll start the diet" tomorrow never came and I ended up at 16stone...

On May the 25th last year, I realized my weight was out of control and that day I started my diet, it was mid week, random day to start but I knew I couldnt put it off for another day, so between May 25th and December of last year I lost over 50lbs, thats just under a 1/4 of my original body weight.

Was bad and had a month off over xmas and gained 9lbs but today Im starting again and I WILL be at goal by May the 25th of this year, which will mean I will have lost just over 90lbs in a year

There is only one person who can do this for you and thats you, so much happens in our lives that we can not control... things that will make us feel down and unhappy... our weight, we can control, is it easy? Nope its bliming hard work! But we can do it and it has the ability to change so much about ourselves, not just how we look but how we feel about ourselves, my self worth was zero but every week I see the scales go down, I feel a teeny bit better about myself, a burger or a take away cant make you feel that way.

Be strong and good luck, you can do this!

Back