Just Do It doing Atkins

I had a craving for some sweet stuff last night, I'm normally savory toothed, which is totally getting satisfied by the food on this diet.
But totm snd I noticed a massive change in my desires, cravings and appetite.

Is it normal to feel much hungrier at this time?

It was interesting because unlike other diets where as soon as an irresistible urge comes along I just blow it and end up giving up, this time I had that thought, 'doctor Atkins says its ok to eat if you are hungry and keep in until you feel full'.

I had something positive to turn to, I could eat as much as I liked, of food I like and it was ok. (carb free of course)

So I had loads more beef and cheese and then I saw the recipe for cream with lemon juice an sweetener.
That tasted amazing, and I never once went off the allowed rules.

And for once I'm not even counting the days I've been doing it.
Good news!

Good attitude well done :D

Morning JD, yes, great attitude there. ;)

Thanks so much for your encouragement!

I got my energy boost today, felt like I was floating!
I got so much energy I managed to get all these teenagers in my house to do their chores all at the same time! It was like something from the Walton's all of them scrubbing and cleaning.

It might sound daft but it takes less energy normally just to do them myself!
Donuts going robe lovely to get up to a spotless house. And day 7, can't believe ive nearly done a week with so little effort!

Can't believe it is a week since I stArted doing Atkins, I have never found a diet like this one that is so easy and just takes away the hunger. I mean never even tempted!?
I normally have every hour mapped out, every day to goal weight counted in my mind.
How can I just forget carbs! I read the theory but to see it come true is unbelievable. No matter what I lose in the morning, not to be stuck in that horrible bloaty mental nightmare of constant eating Is so liberating.
Impressed.

Morning Just

Say hello to Melbourne for me, I lived in Albert Park for a while :)

Re the twitchy legs, I get Restless Leg Syndrome (one of the joys of menopause, I believe) and pop a potassium pill at night, which stops it in about 15 minutes :)

Well done on the positive attitude! :D

Hi lady felsham,
Melbourne says hi back! Thanks for the tip, it's really annoying me with bubbling legs, it didn't happen before the diet so I'll give the potassium a go.

Putting my clothes on for work this morning felt so much better than a week ago, amazing what a bit of effort can do.

I'm going to have to improve my food though, I think I'm starting to get a bit bored.

I did try the revolution bread yesterday, unbelievably horrible.... So disappointed . I'd been out to buy blender, mixing bowls, soy flour etc...

Yuk

Morning Just... Hope you have a great day... You're doing well!! Xx

Thanks alpaca, has your tracker got another pound off? I'm sure it said 77 before?
Well done!

Really hard posting on the bus on a terrible connection!

Yes! Looks like another pound off for me this morning... How observant of you!! Lol and on a bus as well ... Hope you have a good day! Xx

Morning JD, have you checked out the recipe thread?

Hi Jim,
I've had a look now, think I might try the rolls and see if I do any better.

I was surprised tonight when my son told me that I'm not eating healthily! That just echoed my thoughts as I was having bacon and egg for tea and lemon cream whip for dessert!

Worth trying lots of different recipes. We now have lots of regulars that we found here;)

Morning JD, ah well, there's different views on healthy isn't there. Once you've been brainwashed into the carbs are good and fat is bad syndrome it can be difficult.

Jim said:
Morning JD, ah well, there's different views on healthy isn't there. Once you've been brainwashed into the carbs are good and fat is bad syndrome it can be difficult.

Here here!!! Get your son reading Gary Taubes, 'Why we get fat and what to do about it' that'll enlighten him :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there,

It is hard Jim to change your mindset, a lifetime of thinking doesn't change overnight.

I keep feeling where the fat is melting off my stomach just to reassure myself it's ok!!

It just goes to show how kids are actually paying attention to us too, although I'd be really lucky to pursuade my son to read a book triage!!!

Morning JD, I see you guys won the CB Series, well done, but wait until you face England again. :)

Ha Jim, sports fan are you!!

I've actually just moved here from England! So not sure where my loyalties lie.

There's plenty of sport around here, just off to look at the grand prix cars on exhibition ahead of next weeks race.

I was a bit unsure what to take to eat, I've settled on my allowed almonds for lunch, had 2 eggs 2 rashers of bacon some cheese and 1/3 tomato for breakfast so feeling super full.

Hoping for a loss tomorrow on my weigh in.

Disappointed to lose only a pound on my second week.
I know a loss is a loss but as its only week two I had expected more, I'm going to record my intake this week for analysis.

Still what is the alternative? Going back to carbs and gaining it back.

It has been easy to stick to so continuing is the only option. Just hope for a bit more than a pound a week.

Morning Just... Log you menus on here and we'll all take a look... But saying that - a loss is still a loss - so well done !! Xxx

Back