Just Do It doing Atkins

Morning JD, that celeriac is one ugly veggie isn't it love. :)

Evening jdi:)

Oh no, just had a blip. I've been thinking of carbs all afternoon and felt that mid afternoon slump.

I had eaten exactly the same as yesterday. The only difference was an extra 5g of almonds. I always have 30g for lunch but today there were 35g.

Is that enough to make me think of carbs?

I seem to think I've seen a recipe for some cracker type things.

If I make them is it ok to have them as a small snack because I really like the texture of crispy hard food?

Morning JD... Those cravings are really annoying! Might be a blip with the added almonds just drink loads of water and flush them out xxx

Thanks A
So glad you replied now while I'm on my way back for tea.

It was a blast from the past.

I'll try and flush them out.

Have a good day. :)

Sounds like almonds are a potential trigger food for you ie cause cravings. Try again in a few days and see if same reaction. If so - take them off the list! Also test all nuts carefully. I am ok with all except peanuts :sigh:

Thanks Katie,
I will try cutting them down to 20g. I had been ok with them but think I must have passed my critical point.

I'm going to go crazy with the water today. It's good exercise trotting to the loos every half hour too!

I cant eat nuts at all as once I start I cant stop, I have no control and then after the nuts I always want something else to eat, so now I don't buy them anymore and always keep parma ham or something along those lines in the fridge for when I feel like a snack.

When I first started Atkins, I was up sometimes 3 x a night going to the loo, it was so annoying as I was always tired in the morning, but luckily it isn't as bad anymore but quite often still have to get up once during the night.

Have a great week x

Morning JDI...hope you have a great day! Xx

Morning JD, LOL @ Medusa. I couldn't be trusted with nuts during induction I'm afraid.

Should I get a more up to date book. I'm getting confused with stuff. Also there wasn't a great deal of instruction in the 72 one.

Any suggestions?

Morning JDI:). If you already have one book then you can probably just look on the web - say atkins.com. If you want a more up to date one try ebay or charity shops

Morning JD, I followed the KISS principle, 3 mugs of chopped green leaf veggies a day and protein, that's it.

Thanks for that, if I can save on a book that's good news.

Jim why is that the KISS principal I can't work it out? And did you not have oil or fats? Or make any recipes?

I've just got round to making the rolls and walnut torte tonight. And the seem pretty ok! But I don't think wi tomorrow will be too good as I have had three days off track.

Not going to dwell on it though. Got back on today no problem.

Morning JDI... The simplest way to keep with this woe is protein, fats, eggs, legal veg, and cheese and cream in moderation (for most people)... Keep carbs to 20g during induction and those should be from veg ...

It's easy to get 'carb creep' because there can be hidden carbs in things once we move away from the simple things ... I always log my daily foods on MFP ... It helps me keep focused...

Xxx

Morning JD, ah sorry, Army talk

Keep It Simple Stupid

Basically, I ate meat & fats, fish, fowl and eggs, loads of butter for frying and Olive oil as well. Just used 3 mugs of chopped green leaf veggies a day.

Thanks Alp and Jim. I am definitely suffering from carb creep.
At the beginning I found it so easy and that was the KISS way Jim :) I'm going back to that.

Since my daughter started doing it too I've been making recipes which I enjoyed too much. I forgot the principle only eat when hungry.

Made the rolls and had butter on them and before I knew it I was pigging out again.

So no weigh in for me this week.
Back to the drawing board.
In my minds eye I'm remembering your 83lbs Al because I can't see it on my iPod. But I know you did it with this. I know yours is big too Jim but its Al's yellow 83 that I see in my mind!!

Just off to bed but wanted to say that keeping it simple has made life much easier today. For a start I can remember everything I have eaten.

Breakfast two eggs one tblspn mayo
Lunch roast beef and salad
Dinner 2 rashers baton one fried egg. 4 tspns cream and lemon juice and sweetener
Snack small handful almonds

Result: feeling satisfied

Back