Just out of curiousity...

rh00by

Used to be fatter
What is the largest weight loss anyone has managed in one week... and what did you do differently (do you think) that made you pull that number?

Sadly - no prizes on offer :p

SW is all new to me, so I'm asking all my daft questions on here.... hope nobody minds :eek:

I lost 11lbs one week. It was an all green week but no different from any other apart from I did no exercise. I have no idea if that makes a difference but I'd been doing a lot of exercise for 4 weeks before that and suddenly stopped on holiday. The majority of the 11 was probably just water but I didn't care.:)

-5lb was my biggest loss and I have had that twice. One of those times I hadnt been to WI the week before though so doesnt really count. The other time was the second week I went.

A lot of people have a big loss in their first week. Many people have a big loss the week after a gain if they've pulled it back! It's amazing how quickly you can undo holiday damage!!

My biggest ever loss is 4 1/2 lb. I don't think I did anything different! I seem to have a funny pattern. 3 or 4 small losses with maybe a STS or even a tiny gain (I'm nearly ALWAYS effected by * week!) then a big loss of 3-4.5 lb! It's uncanny looking through my weight loss log because there's a really evident pattern! This is good though because it has taught me patience, so I know that as long as I'm sticking to plan, I WILL be rewarded for it, but I won't always see it every week! The one tip I would give anyone starting out is to be really patient with yourself- it's not all about one week and little losses add up to big chunks before you know it!!X

Biggest loss this time was 5lbs in first week (but usually get a big loss then) and then... 4lbs off. The 4lbs was also when I stopped exercising for the week.

Weird!!

LL - 11lbs is amaaaaaaaazing! Who cares if it was just water; I would be elated to lose 11lbs in a week! Good job!

Interesting that exercising affects the weight loss - I've always said that exercising is bad for you ;).

I think you have to look at it in the long term, and as you guys say, little losses add up. Am so desperate to get to my first stone, but my 3rd week STS has jaded me a bit. Must stay focussed!

Anyone else with big losses?

i agree 11lbs wowweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is all i can say.

would be fab if we could lose that every week :D

if you read a recent fishy thread i think i reamber one lady loses 8Lb on a fishy week. thats a brilliant loss

best I've managed is 2.5lb...

My biggest so far in 3 weeks, excluding the first week, is 4lbs. I didn't do anything different that week I think, but I do have a bit to lose so its not unexpected I suppose..

The most I've lost in a week is 7lbs (barring the first week), and that was after gaining 2lbs the week before.

4lbs twice! Not inc. the second weigh-in when I lost 5lbs but that was just the first week! Everyone is different! any loss is a good loss surely?

8 pound in my first week. Biggest after that was 5 pound but I'd only lost a pound the previous week which was a star week and so 6 over the 2 weeks is probably the reality.

Looking in my book I have had 8 weeks at 3 pounds, one of my only two gains was also 3 pounds so that looks like a lucky number for me.

Back