Karens EE Diary

thanx for the chat missus. i have just finished my eating fest. i had a hex a and a hex b left so just had a cheese salad sandwich. nom nom nom. edited previous menu post. no winner in the England Vs usa game so my marriage is safe for now. xxx

the 'healthy extras' remember? you chose a dairy based 'A' option and 2 B options a day.

I've eaten very little today... and am experiencing cramps :( good ol' totm. i just dont feel too fab BUT i am really pleased with how much revision i have done and how much more confident i am about my math exam on tuesday. we were gonna do a bbq today but just couldnt face the effort of it to be honest! what an old misery i am today :)

so far today i have had a ham salad sarnie with grapes and im about to have chicken and bacon in pitta with yet more salad. i used the nando's marinade on the meat... mmmmmmm! i so so want to eat a cadburys caramel though... ya know...one of the family size ones followed by some heatwave doritos...lol. will have to have yogurt instead...it just doesnt have the same ring to it! 2 days until WI though

DAY 11

Red Day

Brekky

Missed it again

Lunch

Ham Salad Sandwich with wholemeal (HEX B)
Salad Cream (1.5 syns)
Grapes

Dinner

Chicken Fillet x 2
WW Bacon medallions
Nandos Marinade (1 syn)
Salad of: Baby Spinach, Tomato, Cucumber and Red Onion
25g light Philly cheese (2 syns)
Pitta bread (HEX B)

Snacks

250ml The One Milk (HEX A)
Grapes and Fat free onken

TOTAL SYNS: 4.5
Left for the week: 36

Awwww its so hard when its TOTM......I wanna eat everything in the cupboards......just heard mel is in glenbourne....had a breakdown.....

WHAT??? omg. what happened? what about her kids? meet me on msn!

well today has been quite nice. my friend and sister popped in this morning and one of my college buddies came over to revise for this ruddy exam so lots of coffee and chatting go done. Well... until the afternoon when we couldnt put the math off any longer lol. that bit sucked! anyways... i have now gone back to revising for my sociology exams now as i have learned as much as i am ever going to for maths. my poor old brain is frazzled. my poor hubby has been out today doing his psychology exam for his degree course and I know he was really nervous. hope he did well :)

i didnt eat at all until a few minutes ago and its mde me feel a bit buggered up t be honest. Im diabetic so havent done myself any favours. my totm is really making me feel out of whack as well. moan moan moan :D Im having an early night and no child or husband better disrupt it this time!

WEIGH IN TOMORROW!!

I have 3 main food loves:
Chinese takeaway
Indian takeaway
Crisps/nuts/tortilla stuff

tonight i sat eating a homemade meal while my family tucked into indian curries. greedy gits! there are also bars of chocs in the fridge and yesterday the GGs (greedy gits!) bought a banoffee pie ffs! I mean... i know i can do this and I damn well will but they could at least PRETEND to be sensitive :rolleyes: can they not go sit in the car to eat that crap? :p looking forward to seeing how i have done this week at tomorrows WI. i know mysyns have been low for the last 2 days but they were on the high end for the early part of the week and i haven't done it on purpose. i am a firm believer that you need enough calories to lose weight. Ive just missed brekky for a couple of days so thats had a knock on effect.

I know I should have done today as a red day and syned the rice but i had it in my head i was having a green day but ended up having loads of meat. i weighed the meat but not the rice so i feel safer to stick to calling it a green day lol.

DAY 12

Green Day

Brekky

Missed it again

Lunch

2 x WW Bacon medallions (3 Syns)
Boiled Egg
10g Ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner

My home-made Cajun chicken and veg made using:
226g (raw weight) Chicken Fillet (2 x HEX B)
tinned toms
onion
sweetcorn
green beans
Cajun and paprika spices
garlic clove
wholegrain Rice

Snacks

Grapes and Fat free onken

TOTAL SYNS: 4
Left for the week: 32

Last edited:
Hi Karen, I know what you mean about chinese and indian - yum! And home-made chinese and indian dishes are never quite the same are they? *sigh*.

Still, if they do it again, just adopt a superior 'I'm taking the moral high ground here' stance and give them a darth vader death glare! It will make you feel better anyway!

Ha, thanx spanx. Im glad to take the moral highground as I would be really worried about tonights WI if i'd been pigging with them :D I've been 100%. even when my syns are rather high, i still stay in budget so i figure the scales can say whatever they like, i know im a good girl lol. im just off to get weighed but have to go straight to college after, then popping in to my sisters to help her with a couple of bits so i am going to be home late tonight. looking forward to seeing how i have done though :)

so i dont forget, i have had grapes, onken, a banana, a cheese salad sarnie with salad cream, a bacon sarnie with ketchup and a packet of cheese curls. will syn it and set it out properly later. gonna have jacket spud, cajun beans and SW colslaw when i get home YUM!!

DOING MATH EXAM TONIGHT...AGGHHH!

thank you spanx. The maths went ok... i think i passed at least. I lost 4lb and got sotw for my 2nd wi too. i was really pleased to get my half stone sticker. I asked my hubby to put on a jacket spud for me an hour before me returning home so that i could tuck straight in to my dinner when i got back. so... i went to wi at 5pm...straight on to college for 6pm... leaft college at 9pm...popped in to my sisters on way home and finally got in at 10.30pm. I was starving! flew at the cooker, flung the door open and saw the tiniest potato i have ever seen ever ever ever! its ok though... the entire tin of beans i added to it padded it out lol.

DAY 13

Green Day

Brekky

Banana, grapes and Onken FF yogurt

Lunch

2 x Asda Bacon medallions (3 Syns)
57g w/m bread (HEX B)
10g Ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner

Jacket spud
Cajun Beans (baked beans with cajun spice lol)

Snacks

28g Cheese (HEX A) Sandwich (HEX B)
Salad
Salad cream (1.5 syns)
2 curls (9 syns)

TOTAL SYNS: 14.5
Left for the week: 90.5

Well done, great weight loss hon. Seems your putting in a lot of hard work both on the diet and study front. Hope the studying pays off just as much as the scales did.

Q

thank you gen xxx

hmmm... im going to try my very first EE day. Only cos i want to make a chilli con carne but dont want to skimp on meat or rice lol.

Well done on the weight loss mate.......you are doing brilliantly.......and cant wait to join you on SW........if you are still on it by then lol.

Heya Sonya. I'll be on this for life now :) I hope everything is ok with Ms folks visiting xxx

I couldnt face the chilli in the end, despite having craved it for days. i usually only buy tescos extra lean mince as it is truely the only mince that i dont find lumps of fat in. due to asda being closer... i bought their extra lean mince for quickness and regretted it. i tried the chilli as i cooked... with a very small bite...and it was fatty/grissle. disgusting! tried a second bit thinking i had been unlucky... more fat. it makes me heave, it really really does so i binned the idea of a EE day and changed my main meal :)

Its 1.30am, i am exhausted and working in the morning as well as having college in the evening. best get my butt to bed :D

DAY 14

Green Day

Brekky

Bacon (HEX B)
Bread (HEX B)
Ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch

2x Crisps (9 syns)
Onken
Grapes

Dinner

Wholegrain Rice
Asda Chickpea dahl (BLECH!)

Snacks

TOTAL SYNS: 10
Left for the week: 80.5

Last edited:
i just had a chinese and it was YUM! Work was fantastic but im really tired so i am going to see to the kids and have an early night :rolleyes:

DAY 15

Green Day

Brekky
Hi Fi Bar (HEX B)
Apple
Pear

Lunch
Grapes
Cheese Salad Sandwich (HEX A & B)
Salad Cream (1.5 syns)

Dinner
Chicken Chop Suey (6.5 Syns)
100g Noodles (2 syns)
Curry Sauce (5 syns)

Syns: 15

Total left for week: 65.5

Last edited:
Karen - have you tried Quorn mince in your chilli (sorry not read all the way back, you prolly have) I always make it with that though. Nummy num and def no gristle!

Back