Karens EE Diary

it'll be good to compare the courses! I am really excited to start and really want to ditch as many lbs as i can beforehand. i don't want to be the oldest AND the biggest in the lecture hall so as long as i can drop about 8 stones in 4 months i'll be fine...(dont burst my bubble with anything as silly as 'reality' please) lol.

I just turned 33 in January.

Ha ha would I ever bring reality into weight loss lol I have to say I have found even losing 3.5 stone to be a huge help towards working with the young people and being in college.... so aim small and you will get to your goal in no time at all xxx

thanks ladies. ive only been back on minis a short time and i am already neglecting my college work. Im supposed to be writing an evaluation and a poem THEN starting my welfare essay but all im doing is surfing here and FB. tut tut! hubby is using his time off work by sitting on the xbox 360. honestly! no wonder every room is only half decorated!

WI went well...im happy with my loss of 5lbs. onwards and downwards :D

so chuffed with my 5lb loss i forgot to do my food diary for today...d'oh!

DAY 6

Red Day

Brekky

Egg and WW smoked bacon sarnie (HexB)
Ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch

4 Crabsticks
Asda Curls Crisps (4.5 syns)
Banana

Dinner

Chicken Breast Fillet - oven baked in 40g Nandos portugese BBQ marinade (1.5 syns)
Baby Spinach, Red Onion, Cucumber and sliced tomato
Asda Wholemeal Pitta Bread (HEX B)
Colslaw (3.5 syns)

Snacks

2nd bag of asda curls (4.5 syns)
Banana
250ml The One (HEX A) for tea and coffee

TOTAL: 15 syns

the nandos bbq marinade is to die for! never wanted to stop eating and it has next to no syns! nom nom nom

Hi Karen,

Really enjoyed reading your story. Just wanted to add that I've done my Y&C degree so if you ever wanna chat Yoof Work, please do.

Q

Hi Queenie, welcome to minis and thank you! im pretty sure between you and Gen, you will get pretty sick of me pestering you but the offer has been made and you now cant take it back lol. hope you enjoy the forum, everyone is really lovely and helpful. x

No problems. I absolutely loved my Y&C degree (I studied at Greenwich). It was challenging, but in a good way and really stretched my noodle.

Q

Wow 5lb thats fantastic! Well done xx

No problems. I absolutely loved my Y&C degree (I studied at Greenwich). It was challenging, but in a good way and really stretched my noodle.

Q

ha! im actually from the borough of greenwich. i was born and raised in Abbeywood and moved to devon in 2003. tiny world!

Lol, small world indeed. I actually work in Kent, but our youth service does our degree training through Greenwich as it's the nearest JNC recognised course.

not much going on today. spent the morning with sonkie and her gorgeous daughter, went to the library and did the last of my coursework then did some shopping. i am now loaded down with mugshots and enough goodies for at least a week! My aim for my 2nd SW week is to lose at least 2lb so that I get my half stone sticker (striving for those suckers can be so addictive!)

Im working tomorrow and feel pretty tired so gonna have a bath followed by a very early night :eek: yes...an utter lightweight in all the wrong ways :rolleyes:

DAY 7

Green Day

Brekky

Egg
Ketchup (1 syn)
onions
mushrooms
tomato

Lunch

Hi-Fi bar (HEX B)
Banana

Dinner

Mashed potatoes
2 x Linda McCartney Sausages (4 syns)
Sweetcorn
Petit Pois
Gravy (2 syns)

Snacks

Hi Fi Bar (HEX B)

TOTAL: 11.5 syns

Hey mate was good to get round.......well done on your 5lbs off......im sure you will get your 2lbs......lol@ the syn free sausages yesterday......

morning sonya! how you doing? was lovely to see you and madam. my early night didnt work out as kirsten (9) and aiden (6) crept into my bed in the night then proceeded to kick the merry crap out of me for a few hours. woke at 3am and didnt get back to sleep til almost 5. Hubby had to sleep on the sofa. best place for him...i prefer the kicks to his snoring lol. you mustn't laugh at my fat legs but i bought some jeggings for work but have to shave me pins as they are 3/4 length so I better get a move on to do that before i leave lol. im home by 3.30 then cook dinner then off to college from 6.30 - 9.30pm. eekk! always a busy day, thursdays. keep me away from the fridge though. speaking of... i have to eat lunch at work on thursdays... part of the group dynamics is that we cook and eat together as I work with people who have lost their families and such. so... sitting down to a meal together is considered quite a big thing...which is fine except that i dont really get a say in what we have! i dont want to offend whoever cooks it by refusing it but i dont want to go off plan either. how awkward. i think i am just going to have to tell them i am trying to lose weight and take a mugshot with me incase they cook something i cannot have. have a fab day everyone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooh I can see your quandry regarding the group that your working with. I think the mug shot and then maybe asking to share a portion of anything that's not of plan would be a good way to go. I think it's the sitting down and sharing the time that is more important than what you actually eat.

Q

morning sonya! how you doing? was lovely to see you and madam. my early night didnt work out as kirsten (9) and aiden (6) crept into my bed in the night then proceeded to kick the merry crap out of me for a few hours. woke at 3am and didnt get back to sleep til almost 5. Hubby had to sleep on the sofa. best place for him...i prefer the kicks to his snoring lol.

Pmsl.........poor Kev.....Hannah has been the same.....

you mustn't laugh at my fat legs but i bought some jeggings wtf are jeggings ????? for work but have to shave me pins as they are 3/4 length so I better get a move on to do that before i leave lol. im home by 3.30 then cook dinner then off to college from 6.30 - 9.30pm. eekk! always a busy day, thursdays. keep me away from the fridge though. speaking of... i have to eat lunch at work on thursdays... part of the group dynamics is that we cook and eat together as I work with people who have lost their families and such. so... sitting down to a meal together is considered quite a big thing...which is fine except that i dont really get a say in what we have! i dont want to offend whoever cooks it by refusing it but i dont want to go off plan either. how awkward. i think i am just going to have to tell them i am trying to lose weight and take a mugshot with me incase they cook something i cannot have. have a fab day everyone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can you not give chef some pointers before starts cooking ????

not much going on today. spent the morning with sonkie and her gorgeous daughter, went to the library and did the last of my coursework then did some shopping. i am now loaded down with mugshots and enough goodies for at least a week! My aim for my 2nd SW week is to lose at least 2lb so that I get my half stone sticker (striving for those suckers can be so addictive!)

Im working tomorrow and feel pretty tired so gonna have a bath followed by a very early night :eek: yes...an utter lightweight in all the wrong ways :rolleyes:

DAY 7

Green Day

Brekky

Egg
Ketchup (1 syn)
onions
mushrooms
tomato

Lunch

Hi-Fi bar (HEX B)
Banana

Dinner

Mashed potatoes
2 x Linda McCartney Sausages (4 syns)
Sweetcorn
Petit Pois
Gravy (2 syns)

Snacks

Hi Fi Bar (HEX B)

TOTAL: 11.5 syns

I would DIE if thats all I had for my lunch - crisps and a biccy!!! :8855:

I would DIE if thats all I had for my lunch - crisps and a biccy!!! :8855:

LOL...i promise you that is very unusual and i was just too busy to eat anything else! i do have a gastric band that offers some restriction on what i eat though so that helps.

Ooh I can see your quandry regarding the group that your working with. I think the mug shot and then maybe asking to share a portion of anything that's not of plan would be a good way to go. I think it's the sitting down and sharing the time that is more important than what you actually eat.

Q

Can you not give chef some pointers before starts cooking ????

PHEW! turned out ok. I let them know that I am borderline diabetic and that i have joined slimming world to try to work around it. had my mugshot and thought it was bloody awful lol. one of the other workers is diabetic so there is usually salad and jacket spuds on the menu but as she wasnt in, it wasnt cooked. i would have had that if thats what was on offer but today they cooked oiled potato wedges and served them with cheese and salad with dressing. In the face of about 40 syns i just told them outright that i couldnt eat it lol. they were totally cool with it so thats great. i was only really worried because 2 weeks ago one of the lads helped to make mountains of food ad then thought i hated his cooking because i ate so very little of it. all sorted though :D

sonya...jeggings are those jean looking leggings. the size on the label wasnt the same as the one on the hanger but i didnt realise until after i tried to wear them so i was mortified to try them on and have the dreaded 'muffin' effect :eek:

off to sort out dinner now before college so will write food diary now...

DAY 8

Green Day

Brekky

Hi Fi Bar (HEX B)

Lunch

Minestrone Mugshot
Apple
Orange
Asda Curls (4.5 syns)

Dinner

Homemade Tomato and Chilli Pasta with Prawns (4 syns)
made with fresh crushed garlic cloves, onion powder, chilli flakes, tinned toms, paprika and herbs and wholegrain spagetti.

Snacks

HiFi (HEX B)
yet another packet of curls... i am a crisp addict :eek: (4.5 syns)

TOTAL SYNS: 13

Last edited:
Back