Karens EE Diary

ha... thanks surreygal. You just made me realise its probably the meds making me feel so tired and out of sorts. I got a bit spaced out for the first couple of days but then didnt feel anything else so it didnt occur to me that the meds might be responsible for me feeling all... a different kinda funny. lol.

the bath was rather fabby and i may have another before bed. Hubby is cooking dinner and I am really looking forward to a good nights sleep. My eldest is off school for summer now so we can get some quality time tomorrow before the others break up on Thursday. bless.

For day 5 of fishy week Im having yellow fin sole with a 'lemon dusting' for my dinner. I was going to have it with cous cous but ive been having that almost every day so its just a plain old jacket spud, veggies and a good dollop of garlic and herb boursin (the best cheese EVER!) Had no idea it was a hex B and now im all happy because Tesco are doing a BOGOF on them. yes... it doesnt take much to make me happy... im far too easily pleased :D

hello! I JUST got home from my parents and didnt have any phones with me! see you on msn xx

YAY! Its sunny :D

Well... it is WI tomorrow and I have been absolutely 100% as well as totally fishified allllll week long. I have resisted sneaky peeking the scales since Friday so dont know how i have done. it was just under 4lbs according to my scales but we will see as I never really remember what the difference between mine and SWs scales and i suspect mine arent all that reliable! I hope its a good loss as I have only managed to lose 0.5lb so far this month and my target is 10lb :eek:

todays menu (will add the extra bits as I go during the day!)

Day 47

EE DAY

Brekky

Banana
Toffee Mullerlight

Lunch

8 Pineapple chunks
4 Birds eye value fish fingers (6 syns)
205g tin of spagetti hoops

Dinner

Homemade Prawn curry with oodles of veggies and wholemeal rice (FREE)

Snacks

Milk (HEX A)
2 x Chilli Sunbites (12 syns)

Total Syns: 18 (DAMN IT!)

Last edited:
hi Karenhow are you enjoying your fish week? im not sure im brave enough to try that as i dont like much fish but then imight be tempted if i see you getting a big loss lol.

i didnt know that about the boursin,i love that cheese so will def be buying some,im sitting here imagining all the things i can do with it lol:D

lets hope we both have great losses tomorrow (((hugs)))

Looks like your doing well with your fishy week. Fingers crossed for you for a good loss this week.

Q

heya jane and queenie xxxx

fishy week is going fine. I am not a big fish fan but i am trying to be adventurous. I enjoyed the yellowfin sole and i had never tried it before so i think i will try other new things. Im having scallops as my last fishy dinner tomorrow (never tried those before either) then im having a week of bacon, huge joints of gammon and big fat steaks lol. Im off to ireland for a week on the 30th July so hopefully i'll have a good loss to boost my pre-holiday confidence :)

Hi Karen,

have been reading your diary and I must say you do keep me entertained! You sound like you are doing so well, I wish I could be as good as you!

The fishy week sounds really good, i love fish so may give it a go next week or the week after. I'll see what your loss is like first hehe. Good luck for tomorrow.

Anna xxxx

hi anna, thank you for reading my mad ramblings. xx

I would suggest you not try to be 'good' in the same way as me as I have just had syns-overload. I somehow decided that Sunbites could be counted as a HEX B and just had an extra packet. I musta confused them for ryvita minis or something? Coulda sworn they were on the list....Oh bugger! So... I am missing a hex b but have had 18 syns today. I am just going to start making up my own SW rules now and say that what I have done is perfectly acceptable and good. Hex Bs tend to be 6ish syns so i will just consider it all evened out so that I dont have to cry and feel like a failure. HA!

for dinner we had a prawn curry (dopazia sauce from the saucy secrets book) with wholemeal rice and it was fab! just one more fishy meal and I am done! I dont want to see another fish for at LEAST a month unless someone is battering it and serving up with lashing of chips and vinegar! I hope i like scallops...

My incredibly fab daughter has a hockey match tomorrow night and my folks are coming to watch her. Im looking forward to having her show off her skills to the oldies :D The downside is that my WI coincides with the match but i am convinced i can throw her in the car as soon as the match is finished, fly home, throw her, her siblings and my husband out of the car and dash off to class. it'll be fine! I added the extra stress of inviting my parents to dinner as well which was a bit stupid of me as i wont actually be here. Prehaps i will slow cook something and my hubby can feed them while Im at image therapy lol. i dunno... i never really think these things through.

DYING to find out how i have done though... roll on WI! :D

Mate you are gonna thrash your 1 stone tomorrow, but by how much ...well cant wait to see......really hope we get our milestones together tomorrow...fingers, eyes, legs and anything else that can be....crossed

i'd better thrash my stone goal! i havent eaten the north sea for nothing!

you definitely will have reached ur half stone... you have been extra fabby!

Good luck ladies with your WI.

Q

thanks queenie. xxx

Its blooming raining! My girl is all worried about her hockey match but im hoping the weather clears up. They break up from school on Thursday and Im looking forward to a lay-in on Friday :D Any kid awake before 9am gets grounded! Im going to slow cook a sheperds pie for the family so that hubby can feed my parents after kirstens match and i can get weighed and go shopping with sonya.

Have no clue about my menu today so will post it later.

heya surreygal, thank you :) Im all anxious now to get my fishy week results! WI is at 7pm but i wont get home until gone 9pm as I go shopping with sonya after image therapy and drop her home so will be reporting back here quite a bit later.

It hasnt stopped raining today but the hockey match is going ahead. Mental! Shes going to be absolutely soaked through.

For anyone reading this who likes their spices, I had 3 of Icelands chicken spears for my lunch today (tikka and korma flavour) and they are not only gorgeous but they are also FREE on red or EE. They are the pack of 30 chicken spears for £5. BARGAIN! Dont say Im never helpful :p

Day 48

EE DAY

Brekky

Banana

Lunch

1/2 pack ainsley cous cous (0.5 syn)
Baby Spinach
3 tikka chicken spears

Dinner

Other half of cous cous pack (0.5 syn)
Mixed salad
32g Boursin (HEX B)
4 chicken spears (2 tikka, 2 korma)
Satsuma

Snacks

Milk (HEX A)
Hot & Spicy Fridge Raiders (3 syns)
Mullerlight Strawberry cheesecake (1 syn)

Total Syns: 5

Last edited:
Did you have just the tikka......I had just the korma a couple of days ago...they are lovely and cant believe the whole box is free...but we are good and only had a few spears at a time.

Good luck for weigh in ...not that you will need it after fish all week......

YAY! I lost 5.5lb. Chuffed :D :D :D

Well bloody done mate....if you hadnt gained last week you would have got slimmer of the week too.......im proud of you......and we can both do this x

WOW karen thats fantastic, its clear that fishy week works then:D im so pleased for you.

just about to update my diary things not going so well for me:(

didnt see what u said earlier sonya, i prefer the tikka but its all free so im happy.

Have replied on your thread jane. hope you are ok xxxx

Last edited:
Back