Karens EE Diary

Doing this from my Android but I'm not too clever with technology! I have had a new hair do. I'm blonde for the first time in over a decade... feels odd. today I had a cheese salad roll with coleslaw so that's both hexes and 1 syn. I've had a banana and a pear as snacks. I'm about to have bbq chicken, 2 waffle, beans and fruit afterwards. that's a total of 7.5 syns for dinner and I had Quavers so 13 syns altogether. mmm wafflEs...its been a long time!

Last edited:
On my mobile again so I'll keep this simple!

Day 5 of week 20

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs on 57g toast (HEX B)

Lunch - 2 biscuits 4 syns

Dinner - prawn curry and rice

Snacks - milk (HEX A) and hot chocolate 2 syns

Total syns: 6

Last edited:
good morning minis!

this week hasnt been too bad. there have been a couple of faux pas but i have been good for the most part. I was unsure of the coleslaw at uni... it tasted very fattening but i couldnt stop myself from eating it... twas lovely! Lastnight I folded and ate 6 crackers with ham and cucumber (only to find after that the crackers were 9 syns...agh!) oh well! its weigh-in tomorrow so what will be, will be. I am happy with the diet... i am shrinking and in the final pair of 22s. Im sitting in them now. There is slight 'muffin-top' occurring and most of my vital organs are squeezed up into my throat but THEY DO UP! I am pretty sure that if I cough hard enough I could lose a kidney. ah well... they look great with my big red alien Doc Marten pumps. They never used to fit either... but I guess my feet have carried on shrinking too :D

I really really hope i get my 2.5 stone sticker tomorrow but I wont hold my breath (though i ought to in these jeans) as it will require a whopping 3.5lb loss and I know I havent behaved well enough to ensure that. Still... it'll definitely happen within October!

Uni is going well. I have a few bits of work to do today and some organising to sort out but nothing too manic. I also have to do my shopping and drop some bits at the charity shop. Tomorrow is my long day at uni and I will be having lunch there. I am going to do my best to NOT order the coleslaw with my jacket spud and beans... (it looks so flipping good though...)

It is my eldests 13th Birthday in 6 days! We are going out for a family meal and the restaurant he has picked is very SW unfriendly... I am going to have that Sunday off and just see what happens. Im not going to worry about it right now as I have tomorrow nights WI to tackle first!

wanted to add - I have withdrawn from the chrimbo challenge. I am so far under target that it was proving kinda depressing to just see my ticker with 35lb still to go! I can do without the pressure to be honest and I am really happy with the progress I am making without adding hassle. I would like to make that target but for my birthday in January prehaps. For now though... i am going to stick with the monthly challenges :D

Todays menu is a bit boring but I havent got time to faff too much.

Day 6 (of Week 20)

Breakfast
Pear
Banana

Lunch
BBQ chicken (2.5 syns)
Salad
Couscous (0.5 syns)

Dinner
Syn-Free chicken casserole with mushroom, sweetcorn, parsing, peas, onion, carrots, knorr stock pots and spices
Green beans
Mashed spuds

Snacks
semi skimmed milk (HEX A)
Fibre Plus bar (HEX B)
royster crisps (7.5 syns)

TOTAL SYNS: 10.5[/SIZE

Last edited:
its that time again! Sonkie has abandoned me and slimming world so I will be going to WI on my own tonight. Im hoping she will rejoin after chrimbo but wont pressure her :) Hubby got caught up in bad traffic for work this morning so got in really late which means I have to go to the 7pm weigh-in instead of the 5pm. thats fine except that it means I have to wait 2 extra hours for my dinner lol. We are ordering a chinese but i have allowed for the syns (god bless chop-suey...)

Today I have had a fibre plus bar, a pear, a packet of fridge raiders, pineapple and a jacket spud with beans. tonight will just be a chicken chop suey. i think they are 6 syns so i will have had 8.5 syns in total.

I have a cracking headache and need to go to bed! Roll on weigh-in! will report back about 8ish xxx

:cross:for later Mrs -hope you get a good result...
Well done for getting into those smaller sizes,,, its great isn't it -and in some ways much better than the scales going down -afterall we don't walk around with our weight tattooed on our foreheads do we -thank god :p
Hope your takeaway is yummy... having to wait until that time should make it taste better ;)
Have a good evening and hope the headache passes quickly...

hello Capricorn! how are you? I totally agree abut measurements being more important than the scales... I want to look smaller, not lighter :) I was quite gutted to have STS-ed this week but it has made me determined to get 3.5lb off for next week. I really wanted my 2.5 stone sticker this month and next week is my last chance to get it. It didnt help that uni had run out of fridge raiders today! I had crisps instead... it was that or sausage rolls :( Im going to have a nice lunch now though...

Day 1 of week 21

Brekky
Monster Munch (5.5 syns)

Lunch
Chicken
Salad of tomato, lettuce, cucumber, red onion.
dressing (2.5 syns)
Grapes

Dinner
spicy Chicken and wholewheat pasta with lots of SF veggies

Snacks
Fibre Plus bar (HEX B)

Total syns: 8

Morning.well done you for getting in your smaller jeans:).Thats brill.Good luck for this week.Hope all is well with you:).x

Im off to work shortly but thought i would pop in to do my diary first :D

the kids break up for half term today... agh!! its only 3 days until my baby is 13 too. gosh... my life is whizzing by! i'd better make the most of it and get this ruddy blubber off :) i am trying to eat less carbs and more veggies this week in a loose success express fashion so that any damage done on his birthday can be balanced out before next weigh-in...

my husband does this thing every year - he grows a flipping beard from October and shaves it off on christmas morning. I hate it! its something him and his dad have always done and this is his first xmas without his dad as he passed away in April so I am biting my tongue but it flipping stabs me everytime he tries to smooch and i cannot stand it. I always moan about it but feel a bit unable to this time. so... my hubby isnt getting any action until chrimbo at least lol.

i've tried on my wedding rings again and they still dont fit. i cannot remember how much i weighed when we got married but i do remember my wedding dress was a size 20. in real life sizes it was probably more like an 18 as those kind of outfits tend to come up smaller. so i am thinking it'll be a good while yet. Im a size 22 now and it isnt coming off very quick (my own fault). I will try them on again at christmas time. It would mean the world to kev if i could fit in to them again. it is a real strain between us that i dont wear them- he gets really humpy about it (understandably). so thats my goal at the moment.

anyways, i need to start thinking about food lol. Im going to make a very veggie sheperds pie today i think.

Day 2 of week 21

Brekky
Banana

Lunch
Ham salad sarnie (HEX B)
Salad cream (2 syns)
Grapes

Dinner
Syn-free shepards pie
(extra lean mince, carrots, onion, peas, sweetcorn, toms, oxo, mustard powder and spuds mashed with FF fromage frais)
spring greens
Snacks
50ml malibu (5 syns)
noodles (7 syns)

Total syns: 14

Last edited:
heya surreygal! sorry, i think we cross posted. how are you hun? im really happy with the new size... i just need to get serious to drop down to the next size. thanks for the lovely support ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good Morning Minis, yesterday was a pretty upsetting day at work but i cant disclose anything about it. its left me feeling really down and sad but hopefully the situation for this young person will be ok. its a sod when you get attached to the people you work with!

the kids are home today so we got to lay-in a bit. they've requested a cooked brekky so we are going to have a SW fry-up as soon as the last one drags themself out of bed.

theres no real plans for today. I have a couple of books to skim through and as i already said... im feeling a bit crappy right now so i dont want to do much to be honest.

im well on track with the plan and hope to have a good result this week. im itching to get my hands on my 2.5 stone award....

Day 3 of week 21

Brunch
2 linda Mc sausages (4 syns)
2 boiled eggs
2 bacon medallions
beans
frylighted onion, tomato and mushroom

Dinner
Large salad
Homemade Hamburger (extra lean mince, cajun spice, seasoning and egg)
Wholemeal Bap (HEX B)
Jacket potato
2 extra light laughing cow triangles (part of HEX A)
Sauces (american mustard and ketchup) 2 syns

Snacks
Fridge raiders (2.5 syns)
pear
100ml semi skimmed milk (Part of HEX A)

Total syns: 8.5

Last edited:
hey karen sorry to hear you had a bad day at work yesterday! it must be hard in your job when upsetting things happen that you then 'take home' which you but at least you didnt comfort eat which is something i would probably do:( I cant stand beards so can understand your resentment towards it but Kev is most likely even more determined to do it this year in memory of his dad so no doubt youll have to just grin and bear it.

well done in dropping that dress size and hope your enjoying uni xx

hi jane, i totally agree that i am going to have to just suck it up with the facial hair lol. i feel that he is still hasnt grieved properly so im not going to kick him down about it. besides, its not really my place to tell him how to present himself...even if i do hate it! god knows he has put up with my weight affecting our relationship for long enough... im sure i can handle 2 months of beardy (we named it...so sad lol) still.... internally i can hate the damn thing and will rant about it here where he cannot see :D

whilst im ranting about my husband, he got totally wasted lastnight and came home legless at about 2am. he'd gone to a works party straight from the office so managed to put away quite a few beers. can you believe he came in with a kebab and tried getting fruity with me?? :eek: cheeky smelly sod lol. he got sent to bed and i braved the sofa as he is all arms, elbows and thunderous snoring when he has had a few :rolleyes:

he looks all sheepish this morning... not to mention death warmed up. he doesnt drink that much. he likes to keep in control and is a bit of an anal person in that regard so its kinda funny to see him get blotto. he turns uber-geek and waffles on about work or some technical crap. bless him, hes tightly wound.

anyways... i am dumping the kids on him and im off to buy jays birthday cake and order some balloons. Im going to sneak to the library as well as i have less than 2 weeks for a 2500 word essay. eeekk!

Day 4 of week 21

Brekky

Pear

Lunch
Boiled egg and bacon sarnie (HEX B)
Pineapple

Dinner
Large salad
Synfree Chilli con carne

Snacks
Fridge raiders (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 2.5

wanderer returns! cannot believe i have been off minis for 3 weeks. I got an awful cold and bad chest so ditched the diet for a week. Hubby was doing the shopping and cooking so i just wrote it all off. then I had a week of just not bothering but i have been back on track since tuesday. In the 2 weeks off i gained 2.5lbs. so, i got off lightly and havent abandoned the whole thng entirely. Im pretty much in the swing of uni and work now and am enjoying it all so theres no excuse for not follwing the plan better.

My youngest has been throwing up this morning... the eldest is out meeting a new girlfriend and my girl has gone to town with her grandad (no doubt showing him all the things she wants for chrimbo!). So, I am watching 'Up' for the millionth time with my sick youngest and doing some uni work.

I started to feel quite ill off the plan. I really look after my diabetes on plan but off it.. i eat irregularly and all the wrong things so i feel much better being back on track.

Back to the menus...

Brekky
11g hightlight hot choc (2 syns)

Lunch
ham
15g cheese (1/2 HEX A)
salad of lettuce, red onion and tomato
salad cream (2 syns)
57g wholemeal bread (HEX B)

Dinner
wholewheat spaghetti
chicken
Lloyd Grossman tom and chilli (5 syns)
Salad

Snacks
Pineapple
banana

Total syns: 9

Last edited:
Hello my lovely! Good to have you back with us in the land of Minis!

Well done for not completely going to pot on your 2 weeks off - and for the realisation that you feel better on it!

Have a good week x

Hellooooooo so good to have you back.You have been missed.Sorry to hear you have been poorly.Pleased you are feeling better and back on track:).xx

Aww big grins from me - tis lovely to 'see' you ladies xxxx I'm proud I can mess up but not give up... its new to me. feeling lots better now xxxx

Hey hun:

Sorry to hear that you've been poorly, but glad to hear that your back and with only a teeny gain.

Looking forward to getting back into the game myself.

Glad to hear that Uni's going well!

Q

QUEENIE! you're back! good to see you on minis :-D how have you been?xx

my daughter went to a party lastnight and the boys were upstairs watching movies. hubby was upstairs listening to the boxing. that left me downstairs watching law and order, reading SW mags and thinking constantly about the huge packet of cheese and onion crispy coated peanuts in the cupboard. agh!! i didnt breakdown though. im going to get all those crappy bits of food and put them in the loft for thanksgiving or christmas.... i can do without the stress lol. We have loads of american sweeties in for thanksgiving as well. i attacked the coconut M&Ms but theres still smores, tootsie rolls, graham crackers, extra cheddar fishies and loads of other things. the thing keeping me going right now is making sure i lose what i have gained. roll on tuesdays weigh-in!

Brekky
11g highlight hot choc (2 syns)
Banana

Lunch
Boiled egg and lean bacon sarnie (HEX B + 3 syns)
ketchup (0.5 syns)
Apple

Dinner
syn free chilli con carne
taco shell (3.5 syns)
rice
salad

Snacks
250ml 'The One' milk (HEX A)

Total Syns: 9

Last edited:
I'm fine, put 5lbs being off plan, but not the end of the world. Finally got my building for my youth centre (well contracts have been signed still waiting for keys). Staffing ads are in the papers so it's all gravy!

Sounds like a really good idea to put temptation up in the loft. Out of sight out of mind!

But really glad to be back would like to get back on track and get a few lbs off before Yule.

Q

Back