Kay's journey to health and happiness

Don't worry bout the rant.
Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. Have you got any stronger meds?
the only plus side to this is that you get to watch those DVDs or box sets you've been meaning to watch. Or read the books that are sat on the shelf gathering dust. Besides , the weather is bloody awful over the next few days. I know you were looking forward to the weekend but there will be other nights out, then once your back is feeling better you'll make up for it and dance the legs off yourself!

Take it easy ! X

Oh Kay,sorry to hear you're feeling rotten :( Hope you get relief for your back soon. Don't give in to food,you'll only feel worse ;)

I've had a hectic few days & had a blowout today,so have the guilts now :(

Hi Kay!
How are we today ? Hope the back not giving you too much jib!? X

Hi Sweetie xx

Todays Eats

GREEN DAY

Breakfast -
x1 fried egg
x1 tsp cooking oil = 2 syns
x2 wm bread (heb)
x1 Orange

Lunch -
Beef Noodle Mugshot - free

Dinner -
Mushroom Stroganoff with rice (recipe from new booklet which came with sw mag :p)

View attachment 121163

Drinks -
2L bottle of water
Beannies Irish Cream coffee with skimmed milk (hea)

Dessert -
Muller Fat Free Vanilla & Coconut Greek Yogurt

Morning Kay! How are you feeling? Really sorry to hear that you're in so much pain :( I hope you're managing to stay on track food-wise! I get awful back pain sometimes and I find that lovely, warm, comfort food makes me feel a little better. Do you have any Mug Shots in? Or beans on toast?

Your food diaries look absolutely fab! Your syns are so low :D and I absolutely love the Muller Coconut Greek yoghurts too :p I was going to ask whether you were counting them as they are half a syn, but by the looks of your food diaries it wouldn't even matter!

Also, well done on your 2lb loss! I'm really pleased you got better than expected :)

Get well soon and hope to hear from you soon! x

Hello ev1 :wavey: ,
Thank you all for being so supportive :grouphugg: . I'm still suffering from my back pain but feel better than before, at least I'm not crawling on the floor out of bed anymore :ashamed0005: . The doc has given me ibuprofen for my pain and I will get an appointment in a few weeks for physiotherapy. I've also bought one of those back support belts for my back, I wear it all the time :rolleyes: . Whilst it was boring not being able to do much, I caved into food which was my only comfort. I had takeouts, crisps, chocolates the works ! :booboo:It was weigh in day today (well this morning), time to own up. So as expected a huge gain of 2.5 lbs :eek: . I felt really bad in group since I was the only one who gained. Also my consultant probably expects the ones who have been there the longest to lead by example, but I seem to go in reverse :confused: . It's actually the new members that are losing more and consistently. I must say I felt more determined last year when I started out. I don't know where that fire has gone :( . My friends and family have been really supportive and told me not be hard on myself since my health has not been great since my op but there are other members in my group who also have different health conditions and are still losing weight consistently. See in theory I know what I have to do I understand the plan, I lost 3.5 stones last year. But my head just doesn't seem to be in the right space. Am I the only one who feels like this? Do any of you ever have weeks where you feel disconnected from the plan and that your not in the zone ?

I also feel with weightloss its not just your outer self that's changing but your inner self. There is a voice inside me that says I will not get there or be that slimmer person so I do a lot of self sabotage after having a good week. I know I should remain positive, but it's hard to be upbeat all the time. Especially when you are used to seeing yourself as a bigger person. I really want to achieve my target by the end of this year but we are nearly hitting February and I have achieved zero since the start of the year and there are others in my group who have already lost a stone :( . Don't get me wrong I am happy for them, but I don't know what's up with me ? :sigh:

Nice to see u back kay. Sorry to hear you're still in pain though. I wouldn't worry about the gain, it's only small and it'll probably be water weight. I wouldn't feel guilty either, if you're in that much pain and crawling from the bed then you're not gonna want to cook sw meals from scratch, it's convenient food at the ready.

Keep your chin up xx

Thank you Rae Rae :), yep I was in no mood to cook so was eating unhealthy takeouts. I wish slimming world did ready meals, it would make life so much easier. Infact one of the members in our group mentioned it today to our consultant and she said it's something the company is looking into :happy036: that would be grrrrreat ! I'm sorry I have not had a chance to catch up on everyone's diary's yet but will do soon. How have you been keeping ?

Kay xx

Ohhh that's definitely something to think about :)

I'm doin ok thank you, ploddin on. Got emotional hunger today but due on in a few days, grrrr. Not holdin out for much at WI xx

2.5lbs is tiny considering you've been so restricted! And like Rae Rae said, it's probably just water weight, and when you get back on track, that extra couple of lbs will fall off!

I wouldn't worry too much about the way you're feeling. I went through a few months where I just wasn't focused at all, but after Christmas I got back on track and my mind is fully focused on losing weight! But honestly, mine was a fair few months, but luckily I only gained 6lbs, and I expected much more!
I think it would be absolutely impossible for anyone to stick to plan every single day for the rest of their lives! There are always going to be situations you find yourself in where cheating just can't be helped, and no one will judge you for that. Especially not your virtual friends! :D We're here to help each other, and just look at how many people have asked how you're doing! You're one popular lady :p

Chin up, you'll get back to normal in no time :) x

Thanks so much Danielle :) yes the support on mins is amazing. Don't know what I'd do without my virtual friends :p . 6lbs gain after a few months off is not bad at all. I can do that in a week :D ! Well I seem to be in slo mo mode at the moment, with my weightloss. I need to turbo charge my engine :superwoman: ! I have decided to go back to basics and make a few changes also.

I normally do green days but I have found the amount of unlimited rice and pasta does affect my weightloss some weeks even though I stick to plan. There are some members in my group and we have all discussed this at length. I know there are some lucky people out there who will say unlimited carbs does not affect them, I wish I could say the same but I have found that it does.

One of the girls in the group mentioned about `Rosemary Conely's portion pots. I think calorie counting must come into play when we're talking carbs, so I have ordered mine today and can't wait till they come in the post :D. I will stick to green but will weigh out my carbs using the portion pots. If left to my own devices I could easily make a home inside a 5kg bag of basmati rice :p .

untitled 5.pnguntitled 6.png untitled 7.png Rosemary Conely Portion Pots

These are the ones I have. They are good, I was surprised at how little the portion of rice is compared to what I'd serve up myself. I find cos there's less rice on the plate there's less topping aswell which I suppose is kind of the point :)

These are the ones I have. They are good, I was surprised at how little the portion of rice is compared to what I'd serve up myself. I find cos there's less rice on the plate there's less topping aswell which I suppose is kind of the point :)

That's exactly the same for me :) its so true, the more rice the more topping ! When I eat normally I am sure the space left for veg or superfree is very little. This way I will be forced to put more superfree on my plate as this does not come to me naturally. If given a choice, of course I want more carbs :D !

Yes, definitely. I find I'm addin extra veg into chilli or spag bol then cos I'm not using as much there's tons left over so cn freeze the extra portions....instant sw ready meals :)

Back