Kay's journey to health and happiness

Hello :) hope your feeling a little less stressed than normal but I agree with cheese thief. I'm out for tea so I'll cu later xx

Hello Cookie, thanks for popping by, yep I'm trying not to let it get to me, you guys have been fab as always with the support. Will pop over to your diary later when your back online. Hope you've had a lovely day hun :) .

Kay xx

Sending hugs ,
It's awful wen we get days like this ,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks so much Von, I'm like this every Monday, I need to pick myself up and get over it :rolleyes: ! I just don't want a gain, I will be well pissed off :( . Hope you've had a nice day hun.

Kay xx

Evening Kay - all I will say is you won't allow yourself to go back to the "old" you - Good luck for WI hun x

Thanks so much Sheila. What I don't understand is, so many of us I have heard on here stick with the plan 100% and really work hard then why do the scales show a sts or just half pound at the end of the week, it makes no sense :confused: ? (and I'm not talking about TOTM week, that's understandable, but on a normal week ?) sorry for the rant :rolleyes:.

Kay xx

Good luck for tomorrow. I am sure you have nothing to worry about but fingers crossed for you.

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Thanks Lindsey although my home scales think I am a sts :rolleyes: oh well I will have to see what my C's scales say. Hope you had a lovely day hun.

Kay xx

Thanks so much Sheila. What I don't understand is, so many of us I have heard on here stick with the plan 100% and really work hard then why do the scales show a sts or just half pound at the end of the week, it makes no sense :confused: ? (and I'm not talking about TOTM week, that's understandable, but on a normal week ?) sorry for the rant :rolleyes:.

Kay xx

Our bodies are weird Kay -I wish I had the answers hun. Sometimes we have 100% weeks and lose a tiny amount and then the weeks we go OTT we lose!! Thats backwards for ya lol. I really do think we put too much pressure on ourselves, I've stopped "stressing" about WI day cos at the end of the day I know ive done my best and cant do anymore.

The next step would be to throw my scales but I know that's not going to happen lol

TODAYS EATS

GREEN DAY

Breakfast -
Egg Roll with salad
Egg - free
x1 wm roll (heb)
salad with olives 0.5 syn
1 tsp mustard sauce 1 syn
1 tsp ketchup 1 syn

Lunch -

IMG_0850.JPG

x2 Ryvita Crispbread 3 syns
60g smoked salmon (heb)
philly light spread (hea)
cucumber - free

Snack -
x2 apples with muller ff custard - free

Dinner -
Kale and veg soup - free

IMG_0845.jpg IMG_0839.jpg

Dessert -
Choc Orange Cheescake

IMG_0774.jpg

x2 Alpen Light Double Choc bars 5 syns
quark - free
galaxy bubbles choc orange 2 syns
orange segments - free

Drinks -
x2 peppermint tea
x1 fennel tea
16g Options choc cherry 2.5 syns
Robinsons nas squash
1L of Water

TOTAL SYNS = 15 :(...not good at all day before weigh in.

Our bodies are weird Kay -I wish I had the answers hun. Sometimes we have 100% weeks and lose a tiny amount and then the weeks we go OTT we lose!! Thats backwards for ya lol. I really do think we put too much pressure on ourselves, I've stopped "stressing" about WI day cos at the end of the day I know ive done my best and cant do anymore.

The next step would be to throw my scales but I know that's not going to happen lol

Thanks Sheila, you are right there's no predicting what can happen day of weigh in even if you've had a 100% week so no point in stressing. But I feel if I was only 1 stone away from target it would be easy for me to relax a little, but since I am almost 4 stones away every week is important to me. I don't expect huge losses each week that is unrealistic but if I've been 100% then I don't mind even half a pound as long as its a loss and not a sts or gain :rolleyes:, but I know that doesn't always happen. I guess I have to just keep pulling along :sigh: . I've made myself a huge cup of peppermint tea so I don't have any bloating tomorrow morning.

PS. Kathryn please can you send the pf to me in the morning :) .

Kay xx

Hi Kay,

Just wanted to give you a big :bighug:and I wish I had a magic wand which would take away your anxiety about WI tomorrow. We are often so hard on ourselves - our self-talk is horrible and negative and worse than anything we'd say to our worst enemies! If you STS tomorrow, or even show a small gain try talking to yourself in the way that your minis friends would talk to you. We wouldn't be calling you all the nasty names we could think of....you'd get a big group hug and 110% positive thoughts for the week to come.

H xx

Can't really say more than everyone else has. But big hugs to you and good luck for tomorrow, whatever the result it's just a number and you are a lot more than just a number x

Hi Kay,

Just wanted to give you a big :bighug:and I wish I had a magic wand which would take away your anxiety about WI tomorrow. We are often so hard on ourselves - our self-talk is horrible and negative and worse than anything we'd say to our worst enemies! If you STS tomorrow, or even show a small gain try talking to yourself in the way that your minis friends would talk to you. We wouldn't be calling you all the nasty names we could think of....you'd get a big group hug and 110% positive thoughts for the week to come.

H xx

Thanks H :), that's so sweet of you, though I would never be nasty to myself :p, but I do get frustrated with the plan sometimes when you know you've been 100% but still the scales don't move. And when your someone that has a long way to target it can be even more annoying sometimes. Oh well I guess I have to keep faith in the bigger picture, what other choice do I have, don't fancy going back to the old me ;) . I will stick it out, it's just me having my normal Monday rant before weigh in . Hope your having a lovely day hun.

Kay xx

Can't really say more than everyone else has. But big hugs to you and good luck for tomorrow, whatever the result it's just a number and you are a lot more than just a number x

Thanks W :), I'm just going through my Monday blues . I'm always miss grumpy on Mondays ;) . Sorry for my rants I just want to get it over with I guess. Hope you had a nice day.

Kay xx

Thanks Sheila, you are right there's no predicting what can happen day of weigh in even if you've had a 100% week so no point in stressing. But I feel if I was only 1 stone away from target it would be easy for me to relax a little, but since I am almost 4 stones away every week is important to me. I don't expect huge losses each week that is unrealistic but if I've been 100% then I don't mind even half a pound as long as its a loss and not a sts or gain :rolleyes:, but I know that doesn't always happen. I guess I have to just keep pulling along :sigh: . I've made myself a huge cup of peppermint tea so I don't have any bloating tomorrow morning.

PS. Kathryn please can you send the pf to me in the morning :) .

Kay xx

Oh Kay - you're expressing the way that many of us feel - I often think that my weight problem is more to do what's in my head cos that's what controls what goes in my mouth!

You're striving so hard to lose the weight and you have to agree you're doing really well?!

Understandably u're expecting ur efforts to show on the scales every week - but as others have said - unfortunately it doesn't always happen. But we all know if we carry on the weight will go in the end whilst if we give up.............

Try to be kinder to yourself and I really hope ur WI goes wellx

Oh Kay - you're expressing the way that many of us feel - I often think that my weight problem is more to do what's in my head cos that's what controls what goes in my mouth!

You're striving so hard to lose the weight and you have to agree you're doing really well?!

Understandably u're expecting ur efforts to show on the scales every week - but as others have said - unfortunately it doesn't always happen. But we all know if we carry on the weight will go in the end whilst if we give up.............

Try to be kinder to yourself and I really hope ur WI goes wellx

Thanks Upd I will try to stay positive :) thanks so much for your support . Hope you had a great day.

Kay xx

Although I am not a big fan of pancakes, it is pancake day tomorrow and my C has asked us last week to bring in stuff so we can make pancakes :). I was looking on the net for inspiration to do something different and I came across this Layer cake which looks so lush. I am thinking how to make a slimming world version, I can then share the recipe with group. I already have a few ideas in my mind for the ingredients :p .

Chocolate Pancake Layer Cake

Chocolate-Pancake-Cake-Marla-Meridith-IMG_2374.jpg
...mmmm yummie ! :D

Think I'm going to have an early night everyone :nightf: will catch up with you all tomorrow. Thanks so much for all your support, hope you all have a lovely evening :). Night night.

Kay xx

Kay hunny, there's nothing wrong with your food diary today+you certainly haven't eaten too much. Hope you manage to get some sleep+will be refreshed in the morning xx

Night night hunny, hope you manage to get some sleep and the pf pays you a visit in the morning! Good luck, can't wait to see how you've got on xx

Back