Keeping on track as a target member!

Managed to cut the butternut squash. It helps if you don't try to cut through the tough end, and just chop the end off, but hey, I was tired yesterday, always doing daft things when I've done a night.

I crushed 2 garlic cloves, added a bag of pre chopped leek and cabbage, from Sainsbury's, 2 chopped courgettes, and 100ml of veg stock, and just simmered gently.
Then I decided to read the recipe properly!
So I took all the seeds out. Scored the squash with knife in a crisscross.
In a bowl, 2 crushed cloves of garlic, some crushed chilli and should have been lemon juice, but don't have, so I substituted balsamic vinegar in its place and put over the squash and then baked squash.
in oven by it self.
Added plum toms to other veg, and when squash has been in for 30 mins, put the veg in both halves and added 40g reduced fat cheese.
Very tasty, had one half for lunch, and the other for dinner soon.
Cooking roast dinner for family, and will try and get a nap before nightshift.
Also had pomegranate, choc bliss hifi and hazelnut coffee and a couple of apples.

Nearly time to get ready for my group. Have a good feeling for tonight. Just about to sit down and watch deal or no deal with a caramel coffee and choc bliss hifi. My cauliflour cheese is in the oven ready for when I get home later.
Wearing the peach dress I wore on my opening night, as it's such a beautiful sunny day and feel the need to wear some thing springy!
Wish me luck for my 25! xx

So dad had it confirmed he is diabetic type 2. He's upset, but he has finally decided to give Sw a go, if I explain it to him first. I said only if he promises to join a group. He's worried about money, but just had a thought, and I'll give him a cheque to buy countdown for his birthday.
Then he started moaning about it being all women. I said"what's the problem with that you'll love being chatted up by 20 ladies. You might meet someone!"
So, next mission, my little bro to convert!

Friday was a bit squewiff! Had scan bran with primula low fat cheese on, apple and pear slices. Lunch cauliflour cheese. Had 3 rocky roads and kedgeree for dindins. Used mild curry batchelors savoury rice. Courgettes, mushroooms, toms mangetout, peas sweetcorn 2 hard boiled eggs chopped & smoked haddock grilled. Makes loads.
Have been in touch with manager. Hoping for a certificate at meeting if she can get in time. xx

Wow what a fantastic thread. Just read the whole lot. You are an inspiration to keep going.

Target member but out of range for last few months since my Mum passed away in Feb.

Back on it since the 4th April and have lost 7lbs. Loving being back in control.

Shivvy, sorry about your mum. Not easy to stay in target when you're coping with grief like that.
Well done for 7lbs gone. Have you got far to go to be back in target?

Love it when people say they've enjoyed reading. Sometimes I think noone is, and I feel like just writing
'bum'
and could get away with no one asking what I'm on about!
Might try that one day!

Had smoked salmon and scrambled egg after my night shift, and an orange. Have only just got up, but have been laying in bed all day reading minimins on my phone! Sort of dozing on and off.
Lunch, haven't had any, and dinner will be jp with chunky steak and a salad. Taking my kedgeree to meeting for lunch tomorrow, with a bowl of cantaloupe and honeydew melon and pineapple.
Had a few wine gums and toffees for my syns today.

House looks like a bomb site. Come Monday, I am nuking it to within an inch of it's life!

I have really enjoyed your thread too. You are working really hard, and I really like the updates on your food each time, it helps me see if I am on the right track.

Cant wait for your 'bum' entry :)

Shivvy, sorry about your mum. Not easy to stay in target when you're coping with grief like that.
Well done for 7lbs gone. Have you got far to go to be back in target?

Love it when people say they've enjoyed reading. Sometimes I think noone is, and I feel like just writing
'bum'
and could get away with no one asking what I'm on about!
Might try that one day!

7lbs to get back to target. Loving being back and focused. Not worried about it. I do a lot of power walking for body magic which works for me.

Keep posting. Will look out for 'bum'

Had such a great day yesterday.
2 certificates for getting 25 members, and a surprise 1 for completing all my exams.

About 6pmish, I felt it was a good time to call new members to see if everything was ok. Glad I did, answered some queries that one lady wasn't sure of, and had some lovely feedback about my group.

Brekkie orange, grapefruit activia snack pot.
lunch, mushroom risotto.
Dinner, chicken and prawn stir fry with lots of veggies and beansprouts.

Right, got some mega housework to do, some leaflets to order, banking to do, bit of shopping and another night shift.

Brekkers, just some melon and yogurt, and straight to bed.
Stir fry for lunch, and just cooking mac 'n' cheese again. I was going to put some ham in, but the kids have nicked it. So adding bacon instead, and lots of tomatoes, peas & courgettes.

Have tried to cancel work tonight, but the line is busy.
I need a bath, an early night, and to cosy up in bed and watch The Big Body Squad on channel 5 tonight.

And I've had an idea for my group this week. Going to do a 'mystery raffle' and then let the members play 'ready, steady, cook'.
Off to Aldi tomorrow!

Missed Big Body Squad, fell asleep, and forgot to have my bath as well!
Going to get the raffle prize after my brekkie of gali melon, raspberry activia snackpot and strawberries.
Have salmon and salad with new potatoes for lunch and roast chicken dinner tonight.

A frame outside newsagents today with a dayglo star saying 'vote for a healthy slimmer you!'
(polling day tomorrow!)

Catching up on the other episodes I missed when doing night shifts.

And discovered that Dallas is back!

Have got some great stuff for the mystery raffle tomorrow, excited about tomorrows group.
Had somebody from WW call to say she was disillusioned at relying on convenience foods, and having to count points, and also has a friend she wants to join with, she liked the sound of it, so will be along either this week or next week.
Some members are wearing SW t shirts when they go to vote!
Got an advert going in paper tomorrow, thanks to a new C.
So now its fingers crossed for 30 tomorrow!

Crazy! Having an extention built to have a shower put in for you that will be big enough!
Have councils and the NHS gone crazy! Drastic weight loss surgery that means you can't eat proper meals for the rest of your life!
Kids weight loss boot camps!
I really wish Slimming World would do a big campaign that would get the word out. To change people's opinions of slimming clubs.
To help these people.
What I'm doing on my own just isn't enough.
But I am trying. xx

Just got back from weigh in. A pound on. I think it's the cheesy things I've been having this week, because everything else has been good. Staying away from cheese this week.
It's probably my biggest downfall.
So need a loss for next week, because I'm 1/2 lb away from the top of my target.
I won a tin of chickpea dahl in the raffle!

Popped into town, to buy a mini grater for grating ginger. Nipped to the loo, and just happened to bump into a member.
Just a couple of minutes after I'd found my dress tucked into my knickers!
Close to being very embarrassing!
Getting ready for group, and looking forward to seeing how my 'ready, steady, cook' raffle goes!

Back