Kellmo's conso (sort of)

Getting more and more ill and more and more craving cakes, biscuits etc to get me through.
My viral infection has now (after 4 weeks) turned into a chest infection with an awful pain in my side. The pain is permanent - worse when I breathe in, worse when I move, unbearable and I cry after a coughing fit- I'm scared to move and it's making me miserable :-(

Decided to just do PV days until I'm feeling better - pp is too restricting when I need to get better.

Breakfast - rhubarb, ffff and muffin

Lunch - salmon salad. Lots of sparkling, flavoured water (is this ok?)

Tea - chilli with large salad. 1 banana. (Hmmm) and a bite of a rock cake my daughter made at school.

More water and vimto.

Snack - painkillers!

starting to sound like pleurisy, another trip to the doctors needed Kell xxxx

starting to sound like pleurisy, another trip to the doctors needed Kell xxxx

Hmmm, I went today and he have me antibiotics. I bought some co-codamol and they take the edge off for about 3 hours ish. After they wore off though I was in agony and made my little girl cry because I coughed/cried/almost keeled over in pain. She was so worried, she was patting my back for all she's worth. I went the the pharmacy and got some paramol but if they don't keep the pain at bay I'm going back to GP for some kick ass painkillers. I'd go for a spinal block/epidural at the minute.

I resisted all carbs and had some ffff with blueberries. And loads of water (that tesco flavoured sparkling one - do you all think this is dukan friendly? - been drinking litres of it as can't stomach plain water at the minute.)

Last day of teaching practice tomorrow and back to uni on Monday and normal work Tue-fri. I just want to sleep all weekend but that's impossible with my life right now :-(

Thanks for your concern everyone x x

Morning all.

Feeling a bit better today - antibiotics are obviously working- just waiting for the painkillers to take hold. I've got my favourite, tight pencil skirt on today and I can see and feel the extra lbs so I'm on a mission today to sup as much water as I can and stay as dukan friendly as possible. I want to get back to 9stone 7 for my cousins wedding on 6th April. I know I can't rush it as I'm ill.

I'm just waiting for my youngest daughters Mother's Day assembly to begin- will be dehydrated with all the tears!

Breakfast - ffff, rhubarb and muffin.

Dukan FAIL.

My GP now thinks I have pleurisy. I'm so pissed off and under the weather and feeling sorry for myself and just finished teacher training practice.

Fed. Up. In agony. Had to go for x ray.

I had biscuits. Tomato soup with cheese butties (fresh white bread). Crisps (2 small bags), chocolate. And some peanut butter on bread too.

Fail. :-(

Dukan FAIL.

My GP now thinks I have pleurisy. I'm so pissed off and under the weather and feeling sorry for myself and just finished teacher training practice.

Fed. Up. In agony. Had to go for x ray.

I had biscuits. Tomato soup with cheese butties (fresh white bread). Crisps (2 small bags), chocolate. And some peanut butter on bread too.

Fail. :-(

I think that is your body telling u what u need and u shouldnt ignore it!

Maybe Zoe. I just want to be well x

Thanks love x

Concentrate on getting well and then worry about your weight. Dont deprive your body of the extra vitamins etc it needs right now..

And i do recommend orange kit kats for vitamin c!! Lol

Hope u feel better soon xxxx

Oh no everybody seems to be poorly at the mo! I hope you feel better soon! Yep I agree orange kit kats, jaffa cakes and chocolate orange are defiantly good sources of vitamin C x

Oh no pleurisy is so painful, you need to do what you need to do to get well, if that means you have a bit of what you fancy then so be it, Get well soon hun x

Hi all,

Can't stay on long - full of painkillers and sleepy.

Still have my infection but I have also broken my ribs through coughing which explains the pain.

Thanks for all your concerns, will respond again when I'm back on earth!

Adrian you're looking great ;-)

Oh god, completely off plan. Eaten like an absolute heifer. I'm having ONE off dukan meal tomorrow then I'm back on it like a car bonnet.

I can't handle being ill and eating well - although I could at first, I've been Poorly for so long it feels like I've just given up. I wouldn't be surprised if I'd put a stone on.
FML

Get well soon x

the most important thing with any diet is to be healthy, if dukan is preventing ure recovery and keeping u ill and unhealthy then i'd say give your body what it wants and needs until your better and back to healthy:)

your broken ribs and pleurisy sounds absouletly horrid, i really hope it all clears up asap :)

take care kellmo :)

the most important thing with any diet is to be healthy, if dukan is preventing ure recovery and keeping u ill and unhealthy then i'd say give your body what it wants and needs until your better and back to healthy:)

your broken ribs and pleurisy sounds absouletly horrid, i really hope it all clears up asap :)

take care kellmo :)

I don't think it is making me unhealthy actually. I think I've overdone my food cos I'm feeling sorry for myself! I'm back to being on plan today (with a last supper type meal for Mother's Day)

Thanks!

Back