Kelly's food diary - the REAL one!!

A few additions to yesterday-a handful of peanuts, 2 chicken wings, two slices of garlic bread and a freddo frog. oops. It was weigh day though and i had a bugger of a day. Back to plan today:

Tuesday - RED
B: banana, apple, yog
S: sw bacon and onion quiche
L: speedy tomato soup
S: melon, yog, mini babybell, quiche
D: chicken breast, salad and a wm pitta

Feeling proper hungry just lately. Thought i woud feel better by now - this is my 3rd week, but i feel more hungry the past two days than i have in ages.

Kellyhellen said:
A few additions to yesterday-a handful of peanuts, 2 chicken wings, two slices of garlic bread and a freddo frog. oops. It was weigh day though and i had a bugger of a day. Back to plan today:

Tuesday - RED
B: banana, apple, yog
S: sw bacon and onion quiche
L: speedy tomato soup
S: melon, yog, mini babybell, quiche
D: chicken breast, salad and a wm pitta

Feeling proper hungry just lately. Thought i woud feel better by now - this is my 3rd week, but i feel more hungry the past two days than i have in ages.

Is it totm maybe? I get like that.

Kellyhellen said:
God that sound really blunt doesn't it. What I meant to say was, I've never made them before, I found the recipe on here. I'd be grateful if you could post yours with the syn information, pretty pretty please. Mwah mwah mwah. There, see, I do have manners!

Lol, here u go, not sure if it's same or not:

Sw onion bajis

Ingredients:

200g/7oz onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
50g/2oz Gram Flour
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp deseeded and chopped fresh green chilli
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
¼ tsp baking powder
Salt
Fry light

To serve:

Pinch of paprika

Instructions:
Place the onions, gram flour, lemon juice, cumin, coriander seeds, green chilli, chopped coriander and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and add a few tablespoons of water to form a thick batter that coats the onion. Leave to rest for 15 minutes and then, using your fingers, mix again to combine thoroughly.
Preheat the oven to 220c/Gas 7. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and using your fingers or a dessertspoon, drop small mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet to give you 12 bhaji's.
Spray with fry light and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately sprinkled with the paprika.
1 syn each on all plans

Kellyhellen said:
That's the one I was going to make. Couldn't find the flour so made another version. Went down very well but will try these as soon as I find the flour. I have now been told that normal flour is fine tho. Do you know if that's true?

Thanks for recipe, x

Gosh no wouldn't think so, the gram flour when wet goes v sticky which makes it bhaji like.. Tescos do gram flour, did u try there? They taste v like real thing only lil bit drier x

Sunday-not sure
B, fruit and yog
L, egg salad with sw quiche and onion marmalade
D, all you can eat Chinese. Bugger! The day before wi!

I've really really behaved this week and have tried so hard. I'm not feeling confident about weigh in though for some reason. Hope I've done ok. Could really do with seeing a 9 (9.13) on the scales but that would mean a 3lb loss.

Kellyhellen said:
Sunday-not sure
B, fruit and yog
L, egg salad with sw quiche and onion marmalade
D, all you can eat Chinese. Bugger! The day before wi!

I've really really behaved this week and have tried so hard. I'm not feeling confident about weigh in though for some reason. Hope I've done ok. Could really do with seeing a 9 (9.13) on the scales but that would mean a 3lb loss.

Good luck. Chinese makes me retain water for a day or two so do what u can to make sensible choices eek (I luv Chinese food) :)

WI day today and 1lb off this week. I know 1lb is good but i really wanted more than that and i have been soo good all week (apart from unavoidable chinese last night). Nevermind, onwards and downwards i hope.

Monday - RED - WEIGHT. 10.1
B: banana, apple
L, soup, quiche, onion marmalade
S, pineapple, yog
D, turkey, blob of mash, vegetables
S, fibre plus bar (HXB), plum
S, mini babybells (HXA)

I actually suspect that my small loss this week is down to soup. Ive been having tomato speed soup all week and have been feeling very bloated with it. On my last bowl today so back to salads i think and see if i do better next week.

Tuesday - RED
Did really well yesterday and am hoping to be just as good today. I have a dress to fit into on Friday for a posh gay wedding.

B: magic porridge (HXB)
S: banana, yellow plum
L: bacon and egg salad.
S: crab sticks, apple, melon
S: quiche, mini babybells (HXA)
D: turkey, blob of mash, carrots, sugar snap peas, gravy (2 syns)
S: Time out bar (4 syns)

Man, that looks like a lot of food.

Back