Ketoveggie - Sunday Scores on The Doors / Diary

Thanks guys! :) Your support really does mean a lot to me.

I'm fully decided on the 2 shakes plus a 400 cal meal idea, as it seems a lot easier to balance macros at 400 rather than at 200.
I was intending to just add the sweet and sour noodles to save any hassle but i think I should make an effort to prepare real meals. So depending on next Sundays weigh -in I'll decide which way to go next.
I know I shouldn't be disappointed in another 2lb loss, but still . . .

Day 23

I have a few symptoms returning which tell me I may be low on Iron again, not least of those being low energy/extreme tiredness. So will be starting another 3 month course of ferrous fumarate from today which should do the trick.

The day I started on TS, I took a photo of myself so I could have a visual record to track my weight loss with the intention to take another every couple of weeks.
I took the second photo today and can notice a subtle difference. I seem to be losing a little everywhere, which day to day I don't think would be noticeable, so I'm glad I took the first pic to compare.
I think we all need to have little wins now and again to spur us on.

Other than that, I'm plodding on with my food week, using real food (just under 400cal) plus two shakes. Spent ages going over my macros as I don't want to mess this up. Fingers crossed that I haven't. I'm wary because I felt quite hungry when I woke up this morning.

I wont put what I've been eating ( just having the same meal each time) as it's not fair on those who are abstaining right now. Happy to DM anyone who may want to know along with the macros if they are after suggestions on their food week.

Last edited:
Day 24

Mid week weigh in showing I've not lost anymore since Sunday. Hmm.
I know I need to be patient about losing weight, but still, it's frustrating to see what looks like a stall so early on in the diet.
I've ordered some Ketostix off eBay to see if I can get a clearer picture of what's going on and to make sure I'm not messing up food week.
If there is no loss by Sunday I might up my fat and salt intake to see if that helps.

Day 24

Mid week weigh in showing I've not lost anymore since Sunday. Hmm.
I know I need to be patient about losing weight, but still, it's frustrating to see what looks like a stall so early on in the diet.
I've ordered some Ketostix off eBay to see if I can get a clearer picture of what's going on and to make sure I'm not messing up food week.
If there is no loss by Sunday I might up my fat and salt intake to see if that helps.
The whoosh is bound to happen soon ;) there are going to be daily ups and downs - use the sticks, but I think it's best to just wait it out...

Morning, Alecto! :)

You're right. I'm just feeling tired and grumpy this morning. I'm wondering if there is more I could be doing to help myself and a little voice in the back of my mind is saying more water! I know I'm still not drinking enough.

How are things with you today? :)

motov.jpg

Morning, Alecto! :)

You're right. I'm just feeling tired and grumpy this morning. I'm wondering if there is more I could be doing to help myself and a little voice in the back of my mind is saying more water! I know I'm still not drinking enough.

How are things with you today? :)

I think that many times...we know things, we know about the whoosh, the water, the keeping calm....but that little emotional voice in our heads still reacts and goes - "Oh, no! X has not happened yet...Small amount of panic". I think having this forum here and each other is vital for that. I know for sure I wouldn't have been able to make it this far, with all the ups and downs, without you all!

I'm okay today. Thanks so much for asking! Pain is around a 2 atm, keeps going up and down.
I had my dentist appointment and my teeth are nice and clean, which perked me up! Review in 1 month. I'm planning to take it easy and just focus on what I need to do to reduce the work-related stress.
Do you have any nice plans for today, yourself? Hoping your day goes well and stay hydrated xxx

Last edited:
I think that many times...we know things, we know about the whoosh, the water, the keeping calm....but that little emotional voice in our heads still reacts and goes - "Oh, no! X has not happened yet...Small amount of panic". I think having this forum here and each other is vital for that. I know for sure I wouldn't have been able to make it this far, with all the ups and downs, without you all!

I'm okay today. Thanks so much for asking! Pain is around a 2 atm, keeps going up and down.
I had my dentist appointment and my teeth are nice and clean, which perked me up! Review in 1 month. I'm planning to take it easy and just focus on what I need to do to reduce the work-related stress.
Do you have any nice plans for today, yourself? Hoping your day goes well and stay hydrated xxx

I agree with you on how nice it is to have support from people who are going through the same process. It can sometimes feel as though I'm in my own bubble and my monkey mind starts to jabber. So it's good to chat to others about the little things as well as the bigger issues.

I think it's a good sign of mental focus when we start to seek out stuff to make external improvements while we are shifting the weight. I love the feeling of a good scrape and polish from the dentist. Well, not so much when it's being done, I'm not a masochist but you know what I mean. :classic_big_grin:

I've had quite a chilled out day. I'm feeling so fatigued at the moment that I just don't have the energy to do too much. Should improve once the iron tablets kick in. Actually, I've spent most of my energy going back and forth to the loo!! Upped my water intake quite a bit today in the hope of a whoosh tomorrow morning. lol!

Day 25

Decided to update my stats today as the scales are showing I've hit my first 1stone loss this morning. Yay! *happy dance*
I'll still do my 'official' weigh in on Sunday and keep my fingers crossed for another pound loss or so as I've only lost 1lb since last Sunday. Which is a bit rubbish.

I measured my waist on day one of starting TS and it measured, 34". Measured again this morning and it's 32". So a loss of 2" in 25 days.

Still in food week and will be adding a pack of sweet and sour noodles to the 3 shakes for the rest of the week, then back to 3 shakes only. I thought adding food into the equation might give me an appetite and that I would struggle to go back to shakes only, but at this point in time I'm feeling that it will not be a problem.

Congratulations, Keto! Hurray, I'm so happy for you :)

Thanks ever so much, Alecto. <3 :classic_smile:

Just 1 more stone to lose then I can re-set my goal and start phase 2!
Seems easy when I write it down. I wish the reality was such. :classic_big_grin:

Hey
I wondered too about changing plan, when my BMI dipped below 30, but decided to keep on TS. I have been sneeking the odd bit of produce from the garden, without too much damage, the odd carrot, tomato, mange tout and berry 🤭. I don't know what the right answer is, my clothes are deffo looser but I still feel obese, so I just guess I'll keep going after food week. Food week next week and I made the same decision 2 packs and a small (400kcal) meal. Mainly to use up the garden produce rather than to actually eat the food!!!
😀

Hey
I wondered too about changing plan, when my BMI dipped below 30, but decided to keep on TS. I have been sneeking the odd bit of produce from the garden, without too much damage, the odd carrot, tomato, mange tout and berry 🤭. I don't know what the right answer is, my clothes are deffo looser but I still feel obese, so I just guess I'll keep going after food week. Food week next week and I made the same decision 2 packs and a small (400kcal) meal. Mainly to use up the garden produce rather than to actually eat the food!!!
😀

Hey! :)

I think I may do the same. I'm not hungry with the shakes and I figured I could add a bit extra here and there when I'm bored of the shakes and need a change.

I'm with you on the veggies! Really missing having a big salad and a large glass of cold wine!! Oooh! :classic_big_grin: Especially in this heat.
I read a top tip about hidden carbs in Veg. If it comes from underground it's more likely to be starchy. Above ground, not so much!
Common sense I guess, but sometimes I can be thoughtless with carbs and I'm determined not to derail myself so I'm picking up tips where I can.

Day 27

Omg! I am so tired! :classic_frown:

I just can't seem to shift it. When does the 'boundless energy' that I've heard so much about, kick in? Did/does anyone else feel this way a month in?

I'm blaming it on an iron deficiency, but my iron levels should still be good, in all honesty. I did start taking supplements earlier on in the week but the side effects ( queasiness & the dreaded constipation) were too much to handle right now.

Got family coming over tomorrow. I'm baking pies in preparation. I've part baked them and the smell of pastry is delicious, making my tummy rumble a bit, tbh. I made meat pies, so thankfully, I'm not going to be tempted.
I just want to go back to bed. :classic_frown:

Day 27

Omg! I am so tired! :classic_frown:

I just can't seem to shift it. When does the 'boundless energy' that I've heard so much about, kick in? Did/does anyone else feel this way a month in?

I'm blaming it on an iron deficiency, but my iron levels should still be good, in all honesty. I did start taking supplements earlier on in the week but the side effects ( queasiness & the dreaded constipation) were too much to handle right now.

Got family coming over tomorrow. I'm baking pies in preparation. I've part baked them and the smell of pastry is delicious, making my tummy rumble a bit, tbh. I made meat pies, so thankfully, I'm not going to be tempted.
I just want to go back to bed. :classic_frown:
Yup! Honest if you can do it, I would just listen to your body and go back to bed for a bit. With a book or episode of sorts or just for a crazy 1hr nap. That's what's keeping me going when those spells kick in, it seems :/ a one hour break from everything wont be the end of the world is what i tell myself...

Back