Kingleds Food Diary - help needed!

kingleds

Gold Member
Hi All
Need some help please.
I've had a few weeks of STS and have asked my C to look at my food diary and make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. I got the standard make sure you're eating enough fruit and veg and drinking enough water thing but nothing more constructive or even an idea about how much fruit & veg is enough.

Here's my food for today. No Syns as yet but will probably have 6 from Cheese with Spag Bol tonight. Am I going wrong somewhere? I'm doing Extra Easy.
BreakfastBowl of Fresh Fruit (1/2 Red Grapefruit, 1 Kiwi Fruit, 1 Plum, 4 Strawberries). 2 Alpen Light Summer Fruit Bars (HEB)LunchGrilled Chicken Thighs with Veg Cous Cous (50g Dried Weight) (1/2 Carrot, 2 sticks Celery, 8 Cherry Tomatoes, 1/2 a yellow pepper). 42g Reduced Fat Cheddar (HEA)DinnerBolognese with Extra Lean Mince, 1 onion, 2 garlic clove, 1 pepper, Handful of mushrooms, 1/2 a courgette tinned tomatoes & herbs). Dried Pasta
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Breakfast: ex lean bacon, cheese (hea) & red onion omlette, tomatoes & mushrooms

Lunch: Ainsley Harriot sundried tom cous cous (4 syns) with poached salmon fillet &
Salad (lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, carrot)

Dinner: SW pizza topped chicken. (Tomatoes, onion, peppers, 28 g cheese (6 syns) with potato, red onion & spinach bake, broccoli florets

Snacks: carrot sticks, 2 butterscotch hifi bars (heb)

Brekkie: red onion & cheese (hea) omlette with mushrooms & tomatoes.

Lunch: potato, spinach, red onion bake with ex lean bacon & Mushrooms. Strawbs & melon

Dinner: Seafood salad with flatbread (5 syns) seafood dressing (4 syns) and onion rings ( 10 syns)

Snacks: 2 butterscotch hifi bars

Last edited:
Red day
Brekkie: red onion, cheese (hea) & bacon omlette with tomatoes & mushrooms

Lunch: chicken & bacon salad with 57g wm roll ( heb)

Dinner; fillet steak with butternut squash wedges & salad

Snack; 2 butterscotch hifi bars (heb)

Syns 1 tablespoon ex light mayo (1 syn)
Bertolli olive oil spray (8 sprays) 2 syns
1 caramel bunny - 5 syns
8 syns total

Last edited:
hi , your food looks good so I dont think there is a problem there . Maybe you need to mix it up a bit ? try a few green or red days and see if that helps ..I have also found that if I have scan bran for my HE B I loose more , as its very low in calories and totally full of fibre it seems to help , and its very filling too ... maybe worth a try

determinator said:
hi , your food looks good so I dont think there is a problem there . Maybe you need to mix it up a bit ? try a few green or red days and see if that helps ..I have also found that if I have scan bran for my HE B I loose more , as its very low in calories and totally full of fibre it seems to help , and its very filling too ... maybe worth a try

Thanks for checking. Have some scanbran but its really hard work to eat. Am doing a red day today which might help as well. Thankd again x

Brekkie; bowl of superfree, superspeed fruit ( grapefruit, melon, strawb, rasp) with total 0% greek yog

LunchRoast lamb & veg with roast pots (4 syns)
Mango sorbet (4 syns)

Dinner: baked Sea bass with tomato, pepper, mushroom, onion & caper sauce (1/2 syn olive oil spray) mash potato (1 syn milk), broccoli

Snack: cheese roll - 57g wm roll with 28g cheese (heb & hea) 1 tblspn pickle 1 syn)

10.5 syns total

Last edited:
Brekkie: Bowl of Fruit, 42g All Bran, Fat Free Yoghurt
Lunch - Eat Chilli Noodle Salad (Syns calculator says 9 syns :( Not happy. Fruit
Dinner: BBQ Lamb, 2 low fat sausage (2 syns) hm burger, salad Cheese (HEA)) bbq sauce (1 syn)

Snack - Apple

Total syns 12

Last edited:
Brekkie: Bowl of Fruit (Pink Grapefruit, melon, Strawbs,Rasps) 2 Egg Omlette with 28g Cheese (HEA) grilled tomsato and mushrooms

Lunch: Tinned Sardines in tomato sauce with boiled egg and salad (lettuce, cucumber, celery, carrot, spring onion)

Dinner: Roast Pork Loin with Potato, Spinach, Onion Bake. Broccoli & Gravy onion chutney 1 syn

Snack - 2 Butterscotch Hifi Bars (HEB)
Plum
12 mini eggs ( 9 syns)

Total syns 10 syns

Last edited:
Brekkie: Bowl of Fruit. Poached Egg, mushrooms, tomato, baked beans. 1 slice brown bread (HEB)

Lunch: Baked Cod, Salad (Rocket, Cucumber, Carrot, Tomato, Celery)
Dinner: chicken kebab with salad & 2 tblespoons ex light mayo

Snack: Chicken Noodle Mugshot

Syns: 2 x 25ml vodka (5 syns). Kebab (7 syns) mayo 2 syns)
14 syns total

Last edited:
Hiya ur diary looks great but noticed ur havin 2 hifi bars as a hexb its only 1 hifi bar and 2 alpen lights xxx

Hi Kingleds,

Your food diary looks fab to me as there is a variety to your meals but the only suggestion that I can make is to make sure you are drinking enough fluids as that helps me. I've decided to swap my morning snack with a litre of NAS squash and I can only have a snack if I finish it. Well done for you achievement so far and good luck on the rest of your slimming world journey. xx

Thanks Lady A - just had a quick look at yours as well - you eat some lovely curry type foods!! I love curry and am working my way through the curry heaven book at the moment. Was wondering about your Dhaal dish - is that veggie or not? My OH would never eat a veggie dish but I would love to try it for lunch if you have the recipe? x

I have to cook for my whole family so I tend to cook more asian dishes with frylight to make life easier for myself. I love dhaal but have had to perfect the taste since beginning slimming world as my mum used to cook it in butter so we've replace the butter with lamb stock which mum makes at home and skims the fat off of over couple of days to make sure it's as fat free as it can be. This hasn't affected my weightloss but you can buy the lamb stock pots by knorr which are free but not halaal so are a no go for me. We cook alfresco at home so I'm going to give you a the basic recipe but you need to check the seasoning according to your tastes:

* 1/2 mug of moong dhaal (the green lentils) soaked for 30 mins
* 1 mug each of water & lamb stock or you can have 2 mugs of water if you do not want the lamb stock.
*1 tbsp of grated ginger or puree
* 1/2 tsp each of chilli powder, turmeric, dried corriander powder & salt.
* Fresh corriander to garnish at the end

Method:

Drain the lentils and add all of the ingredients except the fresh corriander into the pressure cooker and bring to the boil once then close the pressure cooker and leave to cook for around 30 minutes. Once the pressure cooker is ready to open give it a stir and taste to see if the lentils are cooked and if your seasoning is right. Add fresh corriander and serve with boiled rice and salad.

Hope it makes sense as I find it difficult to explain some times :confused: xx

And if you don't have a pressure cooker, just soak the lentils for few hours (4-6 ideally) and add.. You'll have to cook it for longer though but works perfectly well. If you find that the Dhaal isn't cooked, just add more water.

And if you don't have a pressure cooker, just soak the lentils for few hours (4-6 ideally) and add.. You'll have to cook it for longer though but works perfectly well. If you find that the Dhaal isn't cooked, just add more water.
Thanks - that answered my next question :)

Brekkie; 1 sainsbury low fat sausage (1 syn) Ex lean bacon, cheese (hea) omlette, baked beans, toms & mushrooms.

Lunch: bowl of fruit ( wasn't hungry)

Dinner: chicken chow mein (9 syns)

Snacks at cinema: 10 Mikado sticks (5 syns). 2 buttetscotch hifibars (heb)

Total syns: 15

Last edited:
Brekkie; bowl of fruit with total 0% greek yog

Lunch: HM minestrone soup with cheese (heb) & pickle (1 syn) wm roll (heb & 2 syns as roll was 71g)

Dinner: SW Chicken Jalfrezi with & Sag Aloo (2 syns bertolli olive oil spray)

Snack: 2 Meringues - 5 syns

Total syns: 10 syns

Last edited:
Breakfast: Bowl of Fruit WM Roll (HEB + 1.5 syns) filled with 28g CHeese (HEA) and 1/2 tablespoon pickle

Lunch: Baked Cod, Salad (Rocket, Cucumber, carrot, celery) HM Hummus (Chickpeas, Lemon Juice, Garlic, 2 sprays bertolli olive oil spray)

Dinner: Chilli made with ex lean mince, peppers, onions, kidney beans. Rice

Snacks: Apple. Meringue (5 syns) with total 0% greek yog & raspberries

Syns: WM Bread (1.5 syns) 1/2 tablespoon Pickle (0.5 syns). Bertolli Olive Oil Spray (0.5 syns).c 10 Mikado Sticks (5 syns). Meringues (5 syns)

Total - 12.5 syns

Last edited:
Back