Laura's bit of everything diet!

Hello!

I do a combination of both really! depending on what the day is like, atm I am roughly following the celeb slim plan - which is two shakes,a meal and 3 snacks - fruit, veg, nuts, homous, low fat yogs etc.. The meals they recommend are just protein and fruit/veg and about 500-600cals. I am a bit more lenient than that tho and if I dont fancy chicken and salad for dinner, I find a low fat alternative. I like diet cookbooks, WW meals, GI dinners, Low fat ready meals if I have no time or energy. So long as I am with 1000 cals for the day. No matter what Im doing I try to avoid sugar and carbs.

So today I had a choc shake about lunchtime, an apple. Then an old GI fave of mine, sausage and pulse casserole, which is yummy! Then Ill prob have another shake in a bit, maybe some more fruit.

I found being easier and more realistic with myself has helped me continue for longer. The food diary helps in the same way going to a group would. You have to admit to your failings and be accountable, which helps you plan better for the future. Discover new strategies and how to change patterns.

I am really enjoying it so far and I didnt think I would! I lurked on this site for about a year before I even signed up! and then when I did, I only ever commented on everyone elses diaries. but even if no one reads this, its helped me loads!

Uni was an absolute nightmare for me! lol I went from being a 16 to a 20 soooooo much takeaway and drink :/ and all my friends were eating and drinking the same but they were all so skinny, it was pretty heartbreaking, so I know how you feel!
Uni this time round is actually much easier, but then I just drive in for my lectures and then leave. not really made friends as such as I am only there for a year! Plus they all seem so young and skinny so I hate them :p I know my mum wants me to go to graduation and I dont want to be the fattest by about 5 stone :( which I am atm :( I graduated last year and the pictures made me die on the inside!

Dont worry Lucy, you will find a million people on here, in your position, throwing themselves at you to support you! :p Just come online when your feeling weak, we can all help talk you off the ledge and away from the biscuits :p

x

I had exactly the same at uni- they were all so skinny! plus i went to uni in liverpool and all the girls in liverpool find their looks important so it was all the hair extensions, skinny, pretty dresses and false eyelashes- i just felt inferior.
IThis year is going to be it for me. its not a 'diet' anymore but a lifestyle change. Tonight i met up with a friend and i went out for dinner, had a plain jacket potato with grilled chicken and salad and for afters i had a chocolate fudge cake- i didnt feel guilty (which i would normally) because i accounted for it in my ww points and when i do go out with friends i want to enjoy what i eat. Bit of a turning point for me- its not about cutting the foods out- its about moderation :)
Chocolate is a massive problem for me though- i need to have more control when it comes to it hahaha
so are the shakes like slim fast type ones? do they actually taste nice? xx

ahh thats exactly what I thought, I need a life long change not a diet, it sits better in your head that way too! and helps you make amazing decisions like you did with the cake! all about balance!

It has been a long time since I had a slim fast shake but I remember them being quite milky and smooth? quite sickly? correct me if Im wrong!
These shakes a powder made with water, they are a bit thinner, and taste a bit different to what theyre supposed to but you get used to it very quick. For example the chocolate shake I think tastes more like chocolate cake mix! Its hard to describe and everyone feels differently about them so you have to try! Like I cannot have the banana flavour because it just reminds me of amoxicillin, which is a childhood medicine that I had a lot for ear aches lol

I think the best think about shakes is they are surprisingly filling! and it can curb a craving fast!

hope that helped :p

Do you think you will keep a diary then?

x

i arent sure, to help me out i email a friend at the end of the day so that what i eat is accountable to someone. She normally emails me back what she thinks cos she is also doing ww. It does help.
I wonder if the shakes would be good to help my cravings, i crave chocolate a lot. I find i get peckish around eleven between breakfast and lunch too, luckily i have a job in which i cant snack too much but on days off i struggle.
are you still studying or have you finished uni?
xx

Laura you're kickass my lovely friend!!! X

Laura you're kickass my lovely friend!!! X

awww maaaaan I thought I would look at skinny pictures to give me some motivation, but I just feel super depressed! lol That back fired!

Im being a proper debbie downer!

Even if I can get back to how I was then about 13-14 stone my body has been ruined by my massive weight fluxuations, Im covered head to toe in stretch marks and my skins going to be so saggy. WHY OH WHY did I not do anything about it at the time?! arghhhh

so mad at myself right now :(

i arent sure, to help me out i email a friend at the end of the day so that what i eat is accountable to someone. She normally emails me back what she thinks cos she is also doing ww. It does help.
I wonder if the shakes would be good to help my cravings, i crave chocolate a lot. I find i get peckish around eleven between breakfast and lunch too, luckily i have a job in which i cant snack too much but on days off i struggle.
are you still studying or have you finished uni?
xx

I am at uni, for just one year as I got a hnd, so just need to do the 3rd year to turn it into a degree!

awww maaaaan I thought I would look at skinny pictures to give me some motivation, but I just feel super depressed! lol That back fired!

Im being a proper debbie downer!

Even if I can get back to how I was then about 13-14 stone my body has been ruined by my massive weight fluxuations, Im covered head to toe in stretch marks and my skins going to be so saggy. WHY OH WHY did I not do anything about it at the time?! arghhhh

so mad at myself right now :(

Stop!!!!!!!! You're going to look beautiful. Stretch marks are helped with bio oil and skin is made better with body brushing. You need to do some toning like Pilates or yoga. You're so young everything will snap back! Imagine how this old lady feels!! Xx

I pmd u my number.... U should text!!! X

Morning,

Your skin keeps it elasticity until about 35 years of age and if you diet correctly/gradually your skin should be fine. Like mentioned bio oil is fab for stretch marks as is a massage bar lush do called therapy- good for scarring/stretch marks (a lot of pregnant women use it)
Hope that helps :) x

Hun, dont beat yourself up we could all have made better choices in our lifes weather it be what we eat or any other aspect of it but it is what it is we are here because of the bad choices we made BUT also the best choice as well! We have seen the error of our ways and are doing something about it, it's never ever to late and we will get to where we need to be in time hun. You just have to have faith in yourself and know that you can do it however long and how ever many stumbles it may take you will be slim again and so what if your left with some stretch marks dont think of them as ugly but as a memory of the battle you fought and won :)

Good luck for weigh in am sure you will have kicked some lbs off for good x

AWWW Thanks ladies, I was being a bit of an idiot last night lol What ifs and what could have beens dont serve to make anyone feel better!

Sometimes you just cant help it tho can you?? Plus I thought Id be spurring myself on not putting my self into the depths of depression haha. I am doing everything I can to counteract the negative effects of weight gain and loss but Ill never be how I used to be and I just need to accept that, but its very hard to accept. :(
Even more difficult when you see all these amazing women who have lost all the weight you need to and they all need tummy tucks, I just see it as my future.

Anywaaaaayyy I had my weigh in this week and I am 2lbs down. I am disappointed but I had a shocking week. and anything is better than nothing right? bleuuuughhh

ROLL ON WEEK 3! I had a really good day yest. Went to aquafit then choc shake, then chicken and salad dinner and then a choc bedtime shake to curb cravings.

Today, I am essay writing all day so no time for exercise as my deadline is tmrw and Im sooooo worried Im not going to make it! eek nothing like a bit of stress to keep you going lol
So far lots of water and maybe a shake in a bit but not feeling hungry yet, roll on friday!

but then I have to worry about how to deal with the weekend! x

Anything is better than nothing. Every pound lost is a pound closer to your target :) keep up the good work xx

AWWW Thanks ladies, I was being a bit of an idiot last night lol What ifs and what could have beens dont serve to make anyone feel better!

Sometimes you just cant help it tho can you?? Plus I thought Id be spurring myself on not putting my self into the depths of depression haha. I am doing everything I can to counteract the negative effects of weight gain and loss but Ill never be how I used to be and I just need to accept that, but its very hard to accept. :(
Even more difficult when you see all these amazing women who have lost all the weight you need to and they all need tummy tucks, I just see it as my future.

Anywaaaaayyy I had my weigh in this week and I am 2lbs down. I am disappointed but I had a shocking week. and anything is better than nothing right? bleuuuughhh

ROLL ON WEEK 3! I had a really good day yest. Went to aquafit then choc shake, then chicken and salad dinner and then a choc bedtime shake to curb cravings.

Today, I am essay writing all day so no time for exercise as my deadline is tmrw and Im sooooo worried Im not going to make it! eek nothing like a bit of stress to keep you going lol
So far lots of water and maybe a shake in a bit but not feeling hungry yet, roll on friday!

but then I have to worry about how to deal with the weekend! x

You are doin amazing!!!!! Keep going!!! Xx

Morning,

Your skin keeps it elasticity until about 35 years of age and if you diet correctly/gradually your skin should be fine. Like mentioned bio oil is fab for stretch marks as is a massage bar lush do called therapy- good for scarring/stretch marks (a lot of pregnant women use it)
Hope that helps :) x

I'm gonna try that lush bar on payday! The 35yrs old thing is good to know. I'm only 27! There's still time! X

I'm 26 so I have a bit of time left yet too :)
The bar is awesome. I work for lush so I'm a tad biased but it really works. I used it on my chicken pox scars, things with wheatgrass in are also fab for stretch marks.
Xx

Damn it i'm 34 and 3/4 so I best get a move on! Well done on your 2lb loss all in the right direction

The bar is awesome. I work for lush so I'm a tad biased but it really works. I used it on my chicken pox scars, things with wheatgrass in are also fab for stretch marks.
Xx

Where do u work? Maybe ill come in and u can show me! X

2lbs!!!! Diet party with some water and fruit! Whoop!!! ;) xx

:party0011: 2lbs is great going hun as long as its a loss that is the main thing its just the curse of the 2nd wk roll on week 3 i bet ya will double it

Keep up the great work its working hun the weights going in the right direction down yay xx

Damn it i'm 34 and 3/4 so I best get a move on! Well done on your 2lb loss all in the right direction

Plenty of time left! ;)

Xx

Do you know if it contains any palm oil? otherwise, Ill try anything!

Thanks for the support ladies!

x

Back