Laura's Diary - I'm back! :-)

Have a good weekend :)
Thanks! :)

Well my cold has come back with a vengence. I felt really ill last night and didn't get much sleep. Woke up today feeling so cold and achey again!
Going to relax today...got some tidying to do but for once I'm gonna just put it off till 2moro. I must feel ill as I never leave the tidying up...I have to have everything clean and cleared away! But just gonna chill out today in my PJs as I'm freezing! :gen125:
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Glad you had a lovely time the other night :) Hope you're feeling better soon and good luck with your WI tomorrow xxx

I lost 2lbs...yey! I really seem to be doing this slowly but hey at least I'm losing it! Hopefully my body will catch-up soon and I will have a bigger loss but if not then at least I'm not gaining :)
On a different note...I am feeling soooo ill today. There's a stomach bug going around (my OH got warned about it at work) and I seem to have caught it. I have this constant 'acidy' feeling in my stomach and just feel really sick. Been sick a couple of times this morning. :cry:
Supposed to be going to my in-laws today but I don't want anyone to catch this so think I will stay in. Not sure if OH will still go or whether we will both stay at home and chill out.
Hope everyone else is having a better day.xx

Well done on your 2lb loss :)

Sorry you've got a poorly tummy - hope yr on the mend very soon xxx

Well done on those 2lbs! That is a good healthy loss :) When i started out I was losing a pound here half a pound there (doing everything right and exercise etc..no cheating). Now I am losing an easy 2lbs a week pretty much and have the odd nibble of chocolate or crisp and exercise has virtually disappeared too. I think sometimes our body has to catch up and our metabolism needs to have some time to kick in. I know I have a slow metabolism and I think it may have taken me a good 8/9 weeks to get into a rythmn. Now it is coming off. I thought I would really struggle once I hit the 10s (and maybe that time is coming) but so far I just want to keep going :)

Goodluck for this week. Here's to another 2lbs and a new weight bracket :D

Sorry you are poorly. There are so many bugs around at the moment....i hope you get better soon.

Well done on the loss!

Hope you feel better soon! There is so many illnesses going around this time of the year!x

well done on your first half a stone - when i used to go to class we used to get these sparkly stickers which really cheered me up.. so i have hunted out something similar for you :D

ta da! :D hope you are feeling better soon! xxx

Well I've had a bit of a boring day but I've relaxed a lot so feel better. My friend emailed a survey so as I didn't have much to do thought I'd post it on here as a bit of fun...if anyone else wants to fill it in here or on their own diary, just to find out some bits about everyone.

Name: Laura.
Profession: Unemployed at moment. Was working in a bank. (It was dreadful)
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Piercings: 3 in each ear and used to have my lip pierced but had to take it out for work.
Tattoos: 1 on my ankle (a triquetra) and have some more planned.
Relationship Status: Married to Michael.
Children: Not yet but definitely in future.:p
Pets: None - we rent our house so not allowed pets.
Siblings: 1 Sister (Rachel) who's 22 and a Brother (Iain) who's 20. We are really close :D
Hobbies: Swimming, Dancing, Reading, Meeting up with friends.

I love filling out little things when I'm bored although this one was quite short.
Hope everyones having a good evening! xx

Name: Laura.

xx

Think i have asked you before but whereabouts in Surrey? x

Think i have asked you before but whereabouts in Surrey? x

It's kinda near Wimbledon if you know there? x

Didn't find out about job today :(
Ended up ringing the agency this afternoon and the woman I deal with is actually off today. So explained that the woman from the job was supposed to let her know the decision and they said that if they hear anything they will ring...if not the other woman would ring me 2moro...and they didnt ring so dunno if that's a bad sign! Or maybe they just haven't heard yet...:confused:
On the positive side I had a lovely day with my mum today. Went shopping and got a few more xmas pressies for the OH and my mum gave me some pressie ideas. Then we met my OH and went to a local hospice that was having a christmas craft fair to help raise money. We support them a lot as we know a few people who went there and passed away and the people who volunteer there are lovely. For my wedding we gave them some money and got every guest a charity lottery ticket that they do. And we also got cream roses (badges) from the British Heart foundation to give out at the ceremony instead of little flowers. So at least our wedding helped some charities :)
Mum then came back for dinner and OH made a lovely sausage rissotto...yum!
Hope everyone else had a lovely day! xx

OMG!!! - Lived there as a kid - in fact my parents only moved from there 3 years back - still go down regularly to see my godchildren! Lived just opposite Cannon Hill Cmn - small world hey!

Sorry - was so gobsmacked at where you live - didnt respond to rest of your post - I used to volunteer at the st raphaels shop at the top of stonecot hill - now that was many moons ago!

Am sure you'll hear about the job soon - you've heard the saying - no news is good news!

BTW is your tummy better now? xxx

Aww, that sounds like a nice day :) I wish I lived closer to my mum, I miss her! Sausage risotto sounds yum, you got the recipe? :)

Sorry - was so gobsmacked at where you live - didnt respond to rest of your post - I used to volunteer at the st raphaels shop at the top of stonecot hill - now that was many moons ago!

Am sure you'll hear about the job soon - you've heard the saying - no news is good news!

BTW is your tummy better now? xxx

What a small world! I used to live right off stonecot hill...Tudor Drive? And my mum works on Cannon Hill Lane :)
Thanks for the job interview comment :D
And my tummy is a lot better now thanks...think it was just a bug that seems to be going around.xx

Aww, that sounds like a nice day :) I wish I lived closer to my mum, I miss her! Sausage risotto sounds yum, you got the recipe? :)

Here's the ingredients...it can be kinda pointy
Rice (75g) - 4
Sausages x2 - 6

Garlic - 0
Onion - 0
Carrots - 0
Peas - 0.5
Worcester Sauce - 0
Ketchup - 0.5
Stock Cube - 0
Gravy granules - 0.5

This is it per person. My OH just cooks the sausages and cuts them up. Then Chops up the garlic and onion and puts it in some oil in frying pan or saucepan to "sweat it off" (or so he calls it). Then adds the rice and stirs it in. Then adds the stock/granules with water to it. Let that simmer for 15mins (ish) whilst cooking veg quickly in microwave and then adds them. And the worcester sauce and ketchup and some herbs he adds. Think thats the basics...might my pointy but it sure is yummy!! :Dxx

did you hear any more on the job front yet? xxx

I rang the agency this morning and they said the company are finding it hard to decide but they do really like me...they will definitely let her know 2moro morning...so fingers crossed!! Thanks for asking Rach...how was your trip to London?xx

Back