Laura's last EVER diet!!

So I've just worked out that I need to lose 41lbs to get to target, meaning that if I can consistently lose 1lb a week I will be at target by 3rd December...there is no reason that i can't be 8st 9lbs by the end of this year...this has made me really excited! Xx

Today's food has been pretty good again -

B - apple, ready brek (hex B) milk (1/2 hex A) maple syrup (2 syns)

L/snack - roast chicken slices, apple.

S - alpen light (rest of hex B) 1.5 syns

D - SW lasagne (1/2 hex A) 1.5 syns, roasted carrots, SW chips. Lots of sf in lasagne - tinned toms, onions, red pepper, passata. Plus 4 carrots peeled chopped and roasted.

5 syns for the day. Feeling good! May have some mikado sticks later on if I'm peckish, but hoping not to, will feel better about my Tuesday night out after 2 low syns days :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh I LOVE ready brek and I had no idea it could be used as a hexB. Very good to know :D

How do you make your SW lasagne? What so you use for the white sauce? Thats the part i get stuck on. And the cheese? So you use this a hexA?

Well done on getting back on track, I am the exact same - finally back in the zone!

How's the new place going?

X

Oh I LOVE ready brek and I had no idea it could be used as a hexB. Very good to know :D

How do you make your SW lasagne? What so you use for the white sauce? Thats the part i get stuck on. And the cheese? So you use this a hexA?

Well done on getting back on track, I am the exact same - finally back in the zone!

How's the new place going?

X

Hiya lovely, it's no longer a HEX B but was only recently removed from the list, and it's because there's not enough in a sachet, I'm happy to have a little less, I LOVE it!!

For my lasagne I use natural fat free yogurt mixed with 2 eggs. You don't have to but I also add 1.5 syns of Parmesan per person and then a HEX A of cheese - and to be honest I use 'proper' cheese rather than low fat as it goes a bit further and melts nicely.

House is going great but really missing OH this week - I think it's obviously a lot harder when I'm not at work as I have time on my hands! I knew it'd be hard with him working away at first, but this week has been the first I've found a struggle! Be so worth it by April when he's coming home every night, even if it is just to eat tea together :) at the min he gets home at 7pm friday, has all day sat, then he usually has footy on a Sunday, and i have to get work done for school, but its nice to look forward to our time together i suppose...gosh, sorry for the rant haha!

How are you getting on in your new place and new job? I'm a primary teacher and would be happy to answer any questions you ever had about jobs etc.

Xx

Have decided to have a bit of a flexi day today - making a nice meal and pud for OH getting home for the weekend - will still end the day under 25 syns so not bad, will more than likely make it up by WI anyway. Am not worried as I've made a conscious deduction and am still in control - this is what the plan is about. Would not have been as much of a high syn day but had 2 HEX B's accidentally! X

Hiya lovely, it's no longer a HEX B but was only recently removed from the list, and it's because there's not enough in a sachet, I'm happy to have a little less, I LOVE it!!

For my lasagne I use natural fat free yogurt mixed with 2 eggs. You don't have to but I also add 1.5 syns of Parmesan per person and then a HEX A of cheese - and to be honest I use 'proper' cheese rather than low fat as it goes a bit further and melts nicely.

House is going great but really missing OH this week - I think it's obviously a lot harder when I'm not at work as I have time on my hands! I knew it'd be hard with him working away at first, but this week has been the first I've found a struggle! Be so worth it by April when he's coming home every night, even if it is just to eat tea together :) at the min he gets home at 7pm friday, has all day sat, then he usually has footy on a Sunday, and i have to get work done for school, but its nice to look forward to our time together i suppose...gosh, sorry for the rant haha!

How are you getting on in your new place and new job? I'm a primary teacher and would be happy to answer any questions you ever had about jobs etc.

Xx

Hi hun,

Aw thats so sweet! What does OH do that has him working away from home? Does he sleep in hotels?

The job is going... But it ain't for me. In another life i would probably go back and do primary teaching from the beginning but that ship has sailed. Right now i'm trusting i'll end up in the role I'm supposed to be in, and I have a lot to give! But thank you so much for the help :)

How did your interview go? Xx

He is a chartered accountant, so from Nov-April (end of tax year) he does financial audit for various companies and stays in hotels all over the country :-(

Interview went well - offered me a permanent contract for September, so I'm really pleased! Ah you will get there with work, I'm like you, everything happens for a reason! X

Ew, your other half's job sounds grim! Urgh. Not long until he is home and getting on your nerves :) hope you have been on track post partying ;)

He is a chartered accountant, so from Nov-April (end of tax year) he does financial audit for various companies and stays in hotels all over the country :-(

Interview went well - offered me a permanent contract for September, so I'm really pleased! Ah you will get there with work, I'm like you, everything happens for a reason! X

Wow amazing!!! Congrats hun i am so happy for you. So you will be the manager of a playschool is it? What'll you do till then? WELL DONE!!

Ahh sorry, I should have said its a class teacher position which I trained for - and more money!

Yeah Fran I've been an angel, 2 syn fry up this morning, yum!! Planned a high syn day yesterday but ended up only going over by 2 or 3 xx

So out of interest...and I KNOW it's not recommended, but my weight loss has slowed and I'm keen to get it moving again, I downloaded my fitness pal today to track my calorie intake. Now, to be fair I've had my 15 syns today (fancied choccy this afternoon) but I've not had dinner yet and I'm 440kcals over if I want to be losing 2lbs a week... So I've decided to use it as a guide between now and my weigh in after this Tuesdays. Now I'm not the sort of person to get mega obsessed if I'm a few hundred cals over but I'm hoping it may make me reign in my portion sizes a bit. I've used MFP before too, and it really encouraged me to exercise as I liked to see the amount of cals I was 'over' by reduce.

What do you all think? Just gonna try it for a week or so and see how my weight loss goes - I am also still making sure to have syns and HEXs. Have just thought I've given myself the goal of 1lb a week so need to amend that in the settings too :) xx

So long as you are not having under 1200 a day then I see no real problem in double checking your intake. If you still eat when hungry and you aren't too strict then have your experiment :) plenty of people calorie count to lose weight.

Should be having 1430 to lose 1lb a week according to this, but I've gone over by more than 200 already and not had my B choice yet. Think it'll be interesting to see how it goes. Xx

I have had a couple weeks of double checking my calories and I lost more than calorie counting said I should and vice versa so I decided to save time and decided my body did whatever it wanted, if it means to keep an eye on portions and syns then it must be good :) Mmm heb... I've been trying to encorporate them into my meals more so I don't often have them left over. Are you going to hifi it?

Franalamadingdong said:
I have had a couple weeks of double checking my calories and I lost more than calorie counting said I should and vice versa so I decided to save time and decided my body did whatever it wanted, if it means to keep an eye on portions and syns then it must be good :) Mmm heb... I've been trying to encorporate them into my meals more so I don't often have them left over. Are you going to hifi it?

MFP always sets your required calories too low, I just ignore it and set my own. :) xx

MFP always sets your required calories too low, I just ignore it and set my own. :) xx

Thanks lovely :) like I say I'm not too worried about the figure but a guide is handy to keep slightly more on track of my food intake! Xx

Hey hun, congrats on the job? So is it a teacher position in the nursery?

I normally weigh pasta because I can't judge how much I'm getting. After reading your posts I've opened up my never used myfitnesspal app on my phone put of curiosity and I'm going to give it a go too I think.

Hey hun, congrats on the job? So is it a teacher position in the nursery?

I normally weigh pasta because I can't judge how much I'm getting. After reading your posts I've opened up my never used myfitnesspal app on my phone put of curiosity and I'm going to give it a go too I think.

It will either be a reception or year one position in the school :)

yeah it is interesting! Like I say I'm not gonna get too caught up in the cals bit will try to stick to around 1500 and exercise 3x per week! Xx

camz said:
Thanks lovely :) like I say I'm not too worried about the figure but a guide is handy to keep slightly more on track of my food intake! Xx

Yeah, I know it's not something you worry about so much on SW. I'm a dyed in the wool calorie counter, lol. If you ever do want a better idea of how many calories you actually need, Google TDEE and BMR and there are loads of sites that will calculate them for you. :) xx

Back